October 23, 2014 | 1567 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by radiya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best primer I've used. Light, dries quickly, keeps my foundation on like glue ( I actually still feel it stick at night when I have to remove my makeup). Ive slept with makeup on ( not intentionally ppl!) And I was shocked that I still had a decent amount of makeup on in the morning. Little expensive, but 1 drop goes a long way. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by 123delirious

As someone who's been a bit of a skeptic regarding primer, I bought the travel size on a whim at a Sephora store when I was in the states.
I am a skeptic no longer!! This primer glides on so smoothly across my face, leaving no weird streaks or residue. It is lightweight, and most importantly, it WORKS. My make up is still on my face after a full day. When I wipe my make up off at night, I'm not wiping off leftover makeup but almost all that I applied in the morning.
One squeeze of the pump is all I need for my whole face.
Although quite pricey in Australia, I'll definitely be purchasing the jumbo size when this one runs out!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 8:03:00 AM More reviews by amberlightsss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Made my foundation look flawless and I actually think this stuff made my foundation stay put better than any other primer I've tried. My foundation looked flawless even after I've slept with makeup on for 2-3 hours (powernap!).

BUT, it breaks me out. I got some new pimples on my cheek, around my mouth and on my forehead. There are no other things that could break me out, I know it's this primer. I'm not prone to breaking out either actually, so I'm really sad about this..... Of course I won't repurchase and I will stop use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

The best primer I've tried thus far. The formula goes on to my skin so nicely and creates the perfect smooth base for my foundation, which is super important given the fickle combination-nature of my skin. My foundation stays looking perfect for maybe 5 hours before I have to touch up, which is impressive by my standards. It doesn't improve my oiliness significantly, but it doesn't claim to, so can't really complain about this criterion. I had to take off a lippie for the price which borders on ridiculous, but I've yet to find a primer with more virtues than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by winniel

This is by far the best primer I have used thus far. However, the price for it is a bit ridiculous and I have only purchased a small bottle for $21CAD. I only turn to this when I know I need my makeup to last all day because it is that dependable. I love the feeling of it when it goes on my skin and creating such a smooth and even canvas. But this is definitely an investment and when I run out of the small bottle, I may consider purchasing the bigger size unless something else comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by tanny1

Listen people I have been on the hunt for a good primer for quite a while. I've tried smashbox original and light, benefit porefessional, too faced, etc but THIS hourglass primer kicks them all to the kerb. Its so lightweight my skin gets oily quite a bit but this primer saved my oily skin. It makes your make up look solo impossibly smooth its perfect of course the price is a bummer but just buy the travel size I ain't fishing out 52 quid for nobody. Official HG primer :D

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, am I the only one to find this going mouldy (pink blobs throughout) in less than a year?
I was offered an immediate refund, but still....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Andraia

I do love this primer for what it can do, but I hate the price and the packaging.

This primer works wonders for my skin and while has a strange feel when putting it on, dries quickly and definitely gives a smooth base for the rest of my make up.

Not 100% in oil control but I haven't found anything that is. The price though is a bit ridiculous, I'm currently using a sample and it's pretty pricey, I don't know if I would splurge on a full bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Due to medication, I have ridiculously oily skin and as such am probably more interested in products to keep make-up looking nice than the make-up itself.

This is the first high-end primer Iíve tried (other than MAC, if that counts as high-end) and whilst it better than any other primer Iíve used, Iím not sure if it lives up to the hype. I donít have any issues with white cast (but I am extremely pale anyway) and do love the finish it gives even without makeup on top. However, while my makeup definitely applies better when I use it, and its particularly good over my Nivea Dry-touch sunscreen, I still get very oily quite quickly and still have difficulties getting my makeup to stay on my face. I also donít find it as good as the very silicone-y slippery feelings ones in my under-eye region and prefer The Body Shopís Matte It to go under my dark-circle concealing makeup. For the rest of my face I use the Hourglass primer.

Despite the ridiculous price-tag I probably would buy again if I canít find anything better, as I do prefer it to anything else Iíve tried, but I wish it was better at oil control. I've also had issues with it separating in the bottle, which is fixable by taking the pump off and giving it a stir, but not really what youíve expect for such an expensive product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did hit 'yes I would repurchase' but really MUA needs a 'maybe' option. It's OK. I do love that you can buy a smaller bottle for $18 and let me say after 2 weeks of daily use I haven't made a noticeable dent in that bottle, so it should last quite awhile. 1-2 pumps covers my face just fine. It's white, which scared me at first, and even has a hint of translucent blue to it, like a really bright neon HD white I guess. It blends well and dries quickly. There does not seem to be a color correcting property to it. After it's dry I apply my makeup as normal and I do think it helps but I also generally use EL DW foundation, a setting spray by UD, and a finishing powder by either Hourglass or Guerlain, so I didn't get much of a noticeable difference in how long my makeup lasted. It didn't seem to minimize pores but my foundation did go on smoother.