Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina

I own all 3 sizes of this product- the travel, regular and jumbo. My advice is to splurge on the jumbo because it's the only packaging that allows you to shake up the product evenly. This product separates very easily (overnight) and needs to be shaken before each use. In my glass bottles, it either pumped out too runny or too thick, and shaking it up made the product stick to the glass and was difficult to pump out. The jumbo tube is much easier to use and I think less wasteful because the product just became too thick towards the end in the glass bottles.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an average primer and that doesn't justify the exorbitant price. It has been recommended to me from the SA as the best one to mattify oily skin and she gave me a generous sample . If you are hoping to keep your oil at bay with this primer then look elsewhere. After only two hours my nose was a grease ball as with many other primers.
For smoothness and blurring effect it is nice but at that price I'd rather use EL Perfectionist CP+R Serum which is amazing as a primer but it also is anti-ageing and you can see some results after a while whereas Hourglass Veil Mineral is just silicones. Regarding the mineral sunscreen I found BareMinerals BB Cream Primer SPF 30 to be better and more reliable.

Active: Zinc Oxide (4.2%), Titanium Dioxide (2.45%), Other: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isosterate, Stearic Acid, Alumina.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this primer without ever having heard of it, or the brand to be honest. I was in Rome and had left most of my make up back home so I walked into Sephora and relied on the sales assistant. I needed a primer, anything other than the Pore Fessional, which I loathe. I wasn't expecting much because I wasn't exposed to any hype but I'm pleased with my purchase. I wear it over my daily moisturizer and sometimes brush on a touch of powder or blush. I go easy on makeup. It leaves my skin looking smooth and silky without being too matte. Unless I go back to The Present, I'll be holding onto this.

This product is amazing. I bought it and for some reason I didn't use it. Then, a few months later I decided to start using it and I love it ever since.

This is the only primer that I can use on a daily basis. It looks amazing, feels very light on skin and helps with redness and large pores.

I highly recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS! I've never used primer before and tried a few samples of a few and this one is definitely the one! Lol After a long day of work I come home and my makeup looks exactly the same. I usually get oily throughout the day but when I use this primer i don't get oily. It's expensive but definitely worth it for sure!

This primer is definitely worth the price. It comes in lovely packaging and feels so silky when you rub it between your fingers. It's hands down the best primer I have ever used!

I can go an entire day at work, get home at 7pm and my foundation looks exactly how it looked at 6.30am that morning when i applied it!

A big problem of mine is oiliness around my t-zone. Although the primer did not stop that completely, it has still helped and I am now going to switch up my foundation to see if that is the problem.

I bought the smaller size of this to begin with just to see whether it was worth forking out for the bigger size, and after a week of using this I can 100% YES i will be buying the bigger size!

Worth EVERY penny would definitely advise people to go and buy this especially if you suffer from oily skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really like Hourglass primers. I've had really bad luck with the primer serum leaking but have never had an issue with this one. It makes my dry skin feel silky smooth and for much easier makeup application. A little goes a very long way with this product and I will definitely repurchase if the need arises.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my favorite primers. I use this on my cheeks under nearly every foundation that I use, but it's not oil controlling enough for me to use it on my T-zone (which is very very oily). I've used it under everything from my Makeup Forever Matte Velvet+ foundation to ELDW and Immaculate. It's very versatile. Problem? The price! I have the travel size and the full size. However, this year at the VIB sale I'll purchase the squirt bottle size to refill my other bottles with because it's a much better deal than buying the normal pump size.
You can tell when the bottle is getting empty which is always very nice, but the bottle doesn't clean up very well.

Really good! There's a dramatic reduction in oil and blurs my pores. My only issue is the added spf. I'm not sure if it's the spf that creates an obvious white cast but I feel like cosmetic companies should let us choose which spf we want to wear under our makeup. Especially in this day and age where everything is documented in flash photography. Not worth it for me to spend that much on primer that I can't wear for all ocassions.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

'Damn, this is some expensive stuff.' Said everyone who ever bought this primer. Because it is. I would personally rate this a 4.5/5 but you can't do half points, and I'll tell you why in a sec.

After I had been researching into a good primer, I heard a lot of good things about this one. I had never 'believed' in primers before, I tried 2 Mac ones, a Givenchy one, a Marc Jacobs one and none did anything extraordinary for me other than kind of(?) soften up my skin. They didn't really make an appearance difference, and I don't want to pay 50 bucks just to feel a tiny bit softer.

What time primer does, most importantly, is create a flawless makeup look. This, combo'd with the new MUFE Ultra HD? Heaven. It does increase the longevity of my makeup, as well as help the application because your foundation really just glides onto your skin, and settles just nicely. I do believe it helps with pores, or in my case ice pick acne scars quite a bit. It makes them less noticeable which anyone who has deep acne scars on their face would understand why I really am a fan of this. What this primer does NOT do however: does not mattify the skin. Although it increases the longevity of your makeup in other ways, it doesn't mattify substantially enough for me to put this as a pro about this primer. I think it does slightly but nothing significant. This primer doesn't claim to do that, but a lot of people look for that in a primer so I'd like to state that. Honestly it's not so much of a big deal to me because I feel like things that mattify cannot be good for the skin and essentially have to be unhealthy in order to stop your oil glands from releasing oil. But that's just me; most people don't think about that as much.

And of course, the next con is the price. In Canada this baby is $62 I believe for the 1oz and $82 for the 2oz. I got the 1oz right off the bat because I put faith into this primer and luckily I wasn't let down! Also the cute bottle really didn't hurt. For my next repurchase I will most likely buy the 2oz and simply empty it into my 1oz bottle as I use it because I find the 2oz squeeze tube to look a bit ugly, bulky. I spend a lot of money on my makeup collection, I'd like it to look nice at the very least. The 1oz bottle has a cap you can easily unscrew and refill product (or any other primer, for that matter) into. If I ever find a better primer, I would probably still reuse this packaging because I love it so much. Sleek, you can completely control how much product you pump out unlike Mac Prolonger concealer where you are getting 2x the product you would like onto your hand.

4.5/5, half point taken mostly due to it's overly expensive price tag and if you over apply this around your mouth your foundation will sort of slide around a bit in that area over time because or talking, eating. I am not a huge fan that it has spf in it because that can cause flashback I have heard, but I haven't personally tested this. I can always put a sunscreen on under my products, so I don't really need it to be inside of my cosmetics.

Popular Primer/ Correctors