July 24, 2014 | 1000 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Guerlain - Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence with this product. It applies smoothly, it doesn't feel like it has silicone, feels like if it's water based and to be honest it makes the application of the foundation more easy and this doesn't feel moisturizing on my very oily skin which is a blessing. But that is all.

The shimmer that you notice when you pump the product out of the bottle disappears under the foundation. This doesn't minimize pores or control oils and I haven't noticed a more extended wear time on any foundation. The brightening effect that it claims to have is something I just don't see on my skin. I have even tried mixing the foundation with the primer to see if the result is better but I haven't had any luck. Clearly this is not for me but is very nice to see it on my vanity and it smells divine, but is very expensive and is a luxury that is not worth the money as it does nothing to improve my make up routine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just love love love this primer!!!! I bought it as part of a 3-piece Les Météorites kit at Sephora.
Gorgeous packaging!!! Really one-of-a-kind! And no one's mentioned the smell....It smells like candy! Very soft, sweet--kinda like SweetTarts or something. I love it!
I started by trying it over my usual foundation. Mid-afternoon I look tired and shadowy because work is, lets face it, soul-crushing drudgery. But I slipped some of this on over top of my foundation and I looked renewed. Not like I just had a liquid-lift facelift or anything, but more like I got a nice refreshing nap. My skin had a soft, subtle glow, and my makeup stayed in place--and blended together nicely(You know how it starts to separate by afternoon...this stuff touches it up nicely and blends you back together with glowy goodness).
It goes on smoothly before makeup too. You don't need alot--It's very liquid and spreads easily but covers everything with a soft glow. It looks great under my makeup and I feel brighter and better even before putting my foundation on. I think this might replace my beloved Avon primer, which has been the HG of primers!
Price though--scary... In a kit, it's affordable and will last a while, but the full-size version...the price is ridiculously scary. *But* you are getting what you pay for. You can compare this to my $9 Avon primer, and as good as the Avon primer is, this is like primer turbocharged on steroids! And of course you're going to have to pay for that 'upgrade'. However, I look at it like this...I can't control the stress and misery in my life but using this and other things, I can look and feel my best despite of everything. If I had a stress-free life, my $9 primer would work just fine...but being that life is crazy-busy and full of drama, I can use this to look and feel my best under any circumstance.
Love love love this stuff and plan to buy the full-size when this is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Another HG product from Guerlain for me...

When I bought my Lingerie de Peau I wanted to try a Guerlain primer as well, so I saved up and bought both the Meteorites and the L'or primers. I haven't tried the L'or just yet, but the Meteorites IS AMAZING.

I have previously not enjoyed using primers, until I found Estee Lauder's Illuminating Primer which I thought was quite good... it is NOTHING compared to this.
This smoothes over the skin so easily and I found just one pump covered my whole face. It really does create a perfect base for applying foundation - my Lingerie de Peau blended and looked even better than usual (didn't think that was possible!).

I was able to find mine for a good price on ebay, so I can't complain there... absolutely gorgeous Guerlain packaging, fantastic product, would definitely repurchase - not a single bad thing to say! Guerlain is fast becoming my favourite in beauty products, for me they have absolutely lived up to and surpassed my expectations every time. LOVE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is very over priced and didn't necessarily make my foundation stay on longer, but I found a GREAT use for it that gives an absolutely ethereal complexion. I mix equal parts this with MAC pro longwear concealer (it's a liquid concealer) and it gives GLOWINGGG light and long wearing coverage. Plus when you put foundation on it, it kind of hides the 'glow'. This really showcases the magical properties of the product. My skin is oily/combo. If you bought this and are not quite thrilled with it but wana get your $70 worth, try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I love the packaging, it looks so gorgeous and sophisticated. Haha. The primer itself is good (I'm not saying it's bad), but maybe it is just not a perfect primer for me. It did gives me a brightening effect, and the pearls is just nice, it's not too overpowering. But for me, the effect of the pearls is not long lasting. It fades somehow after a few hours. It also did not help my foundation go smoother. Sad, but for me it's looks like Body Shop Lily Cole Pearl Radiance Primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Alanna84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only primer I've ever used, so I don't have any basis for comparison.

The first time I used it I was underwhelmed - it seemed if anything to highlight how dry my skin was. Since then I always exfoliate thoroughly before using it, and I love it. It makes only a subtle difference, definitely reflecting light nicely off my skin and making the texture of my foundation a lot more natural looking. The effects aren't so astounding that I'd buy it again though, at this price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks gorgeous in the bottle... and anything positive I could say ends right about there. Simply stated this did absolutely nothing for me. Didn't make my skin look better before foundation/TM... and it didn't make my foundation/TM look better or wear better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I saw it in sephora and thought it looked beautiful in the bottle and when i used the tester on my hand it left a little glowing shimmer on my skin which i thought was beautiful. When i tried it at home it was so disappointing. The shimmer I loved so much in the store doesnt show in normal lighting, just the dim lighting of sephora. It didnt necessarily dry my skin out but i noticed when I used it the skin on my face felt tight. Very disappointing for something I spent so much money on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After having used up an entire bottle, I'm just not convinced this is anything more than a mediocre -- albeit gorgeously packaged -- primer.

As others have mentioned, the primer is housed in a beautiful glass bottle. As you pump up product, the illuminating pearls are crushed and dispensed through the pump.

The texture itself is very runny -- it doesn't feel like your average silicone-y primer. That's nice, in a way. And it does impart a beautiful glow to your face shortly after application.

Here's the problem: that beautiful glow disappears under medium coverage foundation. You may as well be wearing nothing. And the watery texture does nothing to make the actual application of foundation easier. I wasn't expecting miracles, I promise, but the fact that the glow doesn't even translate through my makeup is disappointing to say the least.

And finally, a nitpicky observation: even with daily use, the product tends to crust in the pump, meaning you need to pick it out each time you pump out more product. Such a minor issue, but an annoying one nonetheless. After all, aren't Guerlain products supposed to BE about the details?

I generally like Guerlain products, and it sort of kills me to give this a less-than-stellar review, but there you have it. (Honestly, I can't help but wonder if many of the glowing [no pun intended] reviews for this product are because people don't want to admit they spent the better part of a Benjamin on sub-par primer. :< Oh well. You've been warned.)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am quite surprised there is not more love here for this product. True, it will not make the skies part and angels sing, nor will it transform you into a supermodel. If you expect this from a makeup primer, you will undoubtedly be disappointed. It does, however, do the "illuminating" makeup primer job it is designed to do-and does it exceptionally well.

I have mostly dry skin, and this primer sits very well on my dry skin.

I absolutely love the look this primer gives to lighter coverage foundatons (such as Guerlain Lingerie de Peau). It imparts a subtle "glow" or radiance. (It is not "glow for days" obvious like Laura Mercier's Radiance Primer - Guerlain is subtle, light reflecting, satiny sheen.) I would not recommend this primer for use with heavier foundations for the effect-it is simply too subtle and would not "shine through" heavy foundations.

The packaging is pure luxe-and I would expect nothing less from a brand like Guerlain at a $70 price tag for a primer. The bottle is heavy glass with a pump. The "meteorites perles" are suspended in the primer and crush as the product is dispensed, adding their subtle illumination.

This is not a heavy siliconey "I-can-peel-it-off-my-face" type primer (such as Smashbox etc.). It is much lighter in application.

The finish on my dry skin is quite nice. I also love Hourglass No. 28 Serum Primer for face "texture", however, I far prefer this Guerlain primer for face "effect". They both have an honored place in my beauty arsenal, depending on the look I am trying to achieve.

I would definitely recommend and repurchase this product!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No