April 18, 2014 | 1928 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Guerlain - Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is very over priced and didn't necessarily make my foundation stay on longer, but I found a GREAT use for it that gives an absolutely ethereal complexion. I mix equal parts this with MAC pro longwear concealer (it's a liquid concealer) and it gives GLOWINGGG light and long wearing coverage. Plus when you put foundation on it, it kind of hides the 'glow'. This really showcases the magical properties of the product. My skin is oily/combo. If you bought this and are not quite thrilled with it but wana get your $70 worth, try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by lidyachu

I love the packaging, it looks so gorgeous and sophisticated. Haha. The primer itself is good (I'm not saying it's bad), but maybe it is just not a perfect primer for me. It did gives me a brightening effect, and the pearls is just nice, it's not too overpowering. But for me, the effect of the pearls is not long lasting. It fades somehow after a few hours. It also did not help my foundation go smoother. Sad, but for me it's looks like Body Shop Lily Cole Pearl Radiance Primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Alanna84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only primer I've ever used, so I don't have any basis for comparison.

The first time I used it I was underwhelmed - it seemed if anything to highlight how dry my skin was. Since then I always exfoliate thoroughly before using it, and I love it. It makes only a subtle difference, definitely reflecting light nicely off my skin and making the texture of my foundation a lot more natural looking. The effects aren't so astounding that I'd buy it again though, at this price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks gorgeous in the bottle... and anything positive I could say ends right about there. Simply stated this did absolutely nothing for me. Didn't make my skin look better before foundation/TM... and it didn't make my foundation/TM look better or wear better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I saw it in sephora and thought it looked beautiful in the bottle and when i used the tester on my hand it left a little glowing shimmer on my skin which i thought was beautiful. When i tried it at home it was so disappointing. The shimmer I loved so much in the store doesnt show in normal lighting, just the dim lighting of sephora. It didnt necessarily dry my skin out but i noticed when I used it the skin on my face felt tight. Very disappointing for something I spent so much money on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After having used up an entire bottle, I'm just not convinced this is anything more than a mediocre -- albeit gorgeously packaged -- primer.

As others have mentioned, the primer is housed in a beautiful glass bottle. As you pump up product, the illuminating pearls are crushed and dispensed through the pump.

The texture itself is very runny -- it doesn't feel like your average silicone-y primer. That's nice, in a way. And it does impart a beautiful glow to your face shortly after application.

Here's the problem: that beautiful glow disappears under medium coverage foundation. You may as well be wearing nothing. And the watery texture does nothing to make the actual application of foundation easier. I wasn't expecting miracles, I promise, but the fact that the glow doesn't even translate through my makeup is disappointing to say the least.

And finally, a nitpicky observation: even with daily use, the product tends to crust in the pump, meaning you need to pick it out each time you pump out more product. Such a minor issue, but an annoying one nonetheless. After all, aren't Guerlain products supposed to BE about the details?

I generally like Guerlain products, and it sort of kills me to give this a less-than-stellar review, but there you have it. (Honestly, I can't help but wonder if many of the glowing [no pun intended] reviews for this product are because people don't want to admit they spent the better part of a Benjamin on sub-par primer. :< Oh well. You've been warned.)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am quite surprised there is not more love here for this product. True, it will not make the skies part and angels sing, nor will it transform you into a supermodel. If you expect this from a makeup primer, you will undoubtedly be disappointed. It does, however, do the "illuminating" makeup primer job it is designed to do-and does it exceptionally well.

I have mostly dry skin, and this primer sits very well on my dry skin.

I absolutely love the look this primer gives to lighter coverage foundatons (such as Guerlain Lingerie de Peau). It imparts a subtle "glow" or radiance. (It is not "glow for days" obvious like Laura Mercier's Radiance Primer - Guerlain is subtle, light reflecting, satiny sheen.) I would not recommend this primer for use with heavier foundations for the effect-it is simply too subtle and would not "shine through" heavy foundations.

The packaging is pure luxe-and I would expect nothing less from a brand like Guerlain at a $70 price tag for a primer. The bottle is heavy glass with a pump. The "meteorites perles" are suspended in the primer and crush as the product is dispensed, adding their subtle illumination.

This is not a heavy siliconey "I-can-peel-it-off-my-face" type primer (such as Smashbox etc.). It is much lighter in application.

The finish on my dry skin is quite nice. I also love Hourglass No. 28 Serum Primer for face "texture", however, I far prefer this Guerlain primer for face "effect". They both have an honored place in my beauty arsenal, depending on the look I am trying to achieve.

I would definitely recommend and repurchase this product!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by paquito

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this product with my Meteorites order from Nordstrom. And I wanted to hate it. I really did. I wanted it to break me out and look awful so that I wouldn't be tempted to spend the money on it.

But...I didn't hate it. I used to use Smashbox primers, and I've run the gamut using different kinds but they all either broke me out or turned me into an oil field after a few hours. This does neither. I have combo skin that's can be extremely flaky in some areas and very oily especially around my nose, and this creates kind of a happy medium. And I will say that I only use 1 tiny pump from the bottle for my entire face. So we'll see how long it lasts. I haven't noticed the sparkles that everyone else has commented on, but I do like that it gives my often dull and patchy skin a sort of glow. The packaging, like almost everyone else mentioned, is also gorgeous.

Is this for everyone? No, and the rants against its exorbitant cost are totally justified. I hope to not have to buy again until I have another Sephora coupon. But I do love the product, and I've actually noticed LESS pimples since I started using it, which leads me to believe that my other primer may have been irritating my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This primer is the ONLY primer that i will ever use, and let me tell you why.
The Guerlain Pearls Primer gives me a glow like nothing else does. It makes me look healthy and radiant, and really does make my foundation look even and beautiful (not that my foundation needed that boost, since it is wonderful by itself). It does not break me out, keeps my very dry skin from drying out, and it really doesn't take much to cover my whole face with this primer. It has little 'pearls' suspended in gel, and upon pushing the pump, one of the pearls will burst and out comes a glowy, pink pearly substance.
There are alot of products that promise that "wow" factor, but here, i defiantley got it. All I could think was 'wow, i look great!"
This primer is best when used underneath Meteorites ballz. Used together, they make me look like something out of a fairy-tale.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by diabolicrouge

Oh...how I wanted to love this primer! First of all, you cannot ignore the beautiful glass bottle with tiny pearls inside, it is absolutely beautiful just sitting around your vanity. However, packaging and luxe brand name aside, it is quite a mediocre product. I will say though that if you dislike primers with a distinct silicone feel, you may like this. It lacks the smooth, slippery texture that most primers flooding the market today have (i.e. Smashbox Photo Finish, Hourglass Mineral Veil, etc). It feels quite watery in comparison, and also lacks any moisturizing properties. It dries to a satin matte finish on the skin. It also has tiny sparkles in it that aren't so visible in artificial light, but are quite noticeable in broad daylight.

Since I have oily skin, I was pleased that this did not make me feel greasy at all. But for the price, I found that this does not exceed as a great primer, plus the sparkles turned me off entirely. I continue to use it since it would be a waste not to, but I much prefer my Hourglass Mineral Veil or Benefit Pore-fessional to smooth out my skin, and provide a nice canvas for my foundation. Or if you are looking for a luminous effect, I suggest Burberry's Fresh Glow primer, which is $20 less than Guerlain's and performs much better, in my opinion.