Guerlain Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer

3.7

Aqua(water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Alcohol, Silica, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Butyleneglycol, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Calcium Alginate, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Gellan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Parfum (Frangrance), Disodium Edta, Sodium Hydroxide, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, /- Mica, CI 77891 (titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (iron oxides)

on 1/21/2014 8:19:00 PM

I've only been using this a few days. I have combination skin. I read some reviews saying to put lotion on first because this is rather dry. It's kind of perfect. It absorbs into your skin amazingly. The way your makeup sits on top of it is pretty flawless. It's very lightweight. I'm not sure if it evens out skintone or if the particles brighten your complexion or what any of the long term effects are yet. I've used Smashbox and returned it, used Hourglass and after a while found that it was making me breakout. I've used a Chanel which seems ehh when you first use it but is really nurturing for your skin. I'm hoping I end up loving this one just as much!

on 1/13/2014 1:05:00 AM

I love this product. I used their L'or primer and loved it. This doesnt disappoint as well. After a month of using it continuously I found my skin brightened and has a healthy glow even without make up. It makes my pores less visible and my foundation last longer.
After this is done I will try their blanc de perle primer.

I bought this from Nordstrom and then went and bought the bronze color primer as well.
The finish is not sparkly, if you think it is sparkly it is not, nor is it shimmery. It helps the foundation to last longer and your makeup will look better on your skin. It says that it is supposed to enhance the look of your skin. I don't know about that. When you pump, the balls mix with the gel and you get a small amount of a whitish gel that you then apply on your face.
In terms of price, I found that this gorgeous Guerlain primer is too expensive. It is however a luxury item, just to hold it in your hands, it is so well packaged, so elegant and refined like most of Guerlain products. I will not be buying them again however. While I like it I don't think the price is justified.

on 12/18/2013 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this primer. I'm 38 with slightly dry skin, and traditional silicone type primers (like Smashbox Photo Finish) break me out terribly. First off, this primer feels "cleaner" and more water-based. The primer itself is a clear liquid with pearlescent pink pearls that dissipate when you pump out the product. This primer gives a beautiful base for foundation - smooth, satiny/semi-matte, with a hint of a glow. More of a "lit from within" type look. No overt shimmer, no heavy silicone feeling. It does help my makeup last longer, and it does not give an overly matte/flat look. I would say this product is best for mature, dry skin. It does not seem to have a lot of oil controlling qualities. The packaging is very luxe, a heavy glass bottle, and the price matches - about $70. However I only need 1 pump to cover my entire face, so the bottle will definitely last a while. Overall, I love this product and will repurchase as needed.

on 11/5/2013 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm on the fence with this product. It applies smoothly, it doesn't feel like it has silicone, feels like if it's water based and to be honest it makes the application of the foundation more easy and this doesn't feel moisturizing on my very oily skin which is a blessing. But that is all.

The shimmer that you notice when you pump the product out of the bottle disappears under the foundation. This doesn't minimize pores or control oils and I haven't noticed a more extended wear time on any foundation. The brightening effect that it claims to have is something I just don't see on my skin. I have even tried mixing the foundation with the primer to see if the result is better but I haven't had any luck. Clearly this is not for me but is very nice to see it on my vanity and it smells divine, but is very expensive and is a luxury that is not worth the money as it does nothing to improve my make up routine.

I just love love love this primer!!!! I bought it as part of a 3-piece Les Météorites kit at Sephora.
Gorgeous packaging!!! Really one-of-a-kind! And no one's mentioned the smell....It smells like candy! Very soft, sweet--kinda like SweetTarts or something. I love it!
I started by trying it over my usual foundation. Mid-afternoon I look tired and shadowy because work is, lets face it, soul-crushing drudgery. But I slipped some of this on over top of my foundation and I looked renewed. Not like I just had a liquid-lift facelift or anything, but more like I got a nice refreshing nap. My skin had a soft, subtle glow, and my makeup stayed in place--and blended together nicely(You know how it starts to separate by afternoon...this stuff touches it up nicely and blends you back together with glowy goodness).
It goes on smoothly before makeup too. You don't need alot--It's very liquid and spreads easily but covers everything with a soft glow. It looks great under my makeup and I feel brighter and better even before putting my foundation on. I think this might replace my beloved Avon primer, which has been the HG of primers!
Price though--scary... In a kit, it's affordable and will last a while, but the full-size version...the price is ridiculously scary. *But* you are getting what you pay for. You can compare this to my $9 Avon primer, and as good as the Avon primer is, this is like primer turbocharged on steroids! And of course you're going to have to pay for that 'upgrade'. However, I look at it like this...I can't control the stress and misery in my life but using this and other things, I can look and feel my best despite of everything. If I had a stress-free life, my $9 primer would work just fine...but being that life is crazy-busy and full of drama, I can use this to look and feel my best under any circumstance.
Love love love this stuff and plan to buy the full-size when this is gone.

on 8/21/2013 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Another HG product from Guerlain for me...

When I bought my Lingerie de Peau I wanted to try a Guerlain primer as well, so I saved up and bought both the Meteorites and the L'or primers. I haven't tried the L'or just yet, but the Meteorites IS AMAZING.

I have previously not enjoyed using primers, until I found Estee Lauder's Illuminating Primer which I thought was quite good... but this beats EL hands down.
This smoothes over the skin so easily and I found just one pump covered my whole face. It really does create a perfect base for applying foundation - my Lingerie de Peau blended and looked even better than usual (didn't think that was possible!).

I was able to find mine for a good price on ebay, so I can't complain there... absolutely gorgeous Guerlain packaging, fantastic product, would definitely repurchase - not a single bad thing to say! Guerlain is fast becoming my favourite in beauty products, for me they have absolutely lived up to and surpassed my expectations every time. LOVE.

on 7/22/2013 9:56:00 PM

This is very over priced and didn't necessarily make my foundation stay on longer, but I found a GREAT use for it that gives an absolutely ethereal complexion. I mix equal parts this with MAC pro longwear concealer (it's a liquid concealer) and it gives GLOWINGGG light and long wearing coverage. Plus when you put foundation on it, it kind of hides the 'glow'. This really showcases the magical properties of the product. My skin is oily/combo. If you bought this and are not quite thrilled with it but wana get your $70 worth, try this!

on 7/18/2013 2:34:00 AM

I love the packaging, it looks so gorgeous and sophisticated. Haha. The primer itself is good (I'm not saying it's bad), but maybe it is just not a perfect primer for me. It did gives me a brightening effect, and the pearls is just nice, it's not too overpowering. But for me, the effect of the pearls is not long lasting. It fades somehow after a few hours. It also did not help my foundation go smoother. Sad, but for me it's looks like Body Shop Lily Cole Pearl Radiance Primer.

on 5/23/2013 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is the only primer I've ever used, so I don't have any basis for comparison.

The first time I used it I was underwhelmed - it seemed if anything to highlight how dry my skin was. Since then I always exfoliate thoroughly before using it, and I love it. It makes only a subtle difference, definitely reflecting light nicely off my skin and making the texture of my foundation a lot more natural looking. The effects aren't so astounding that I'd buy it again though, at this price.