October 30, 2014 | 1735 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

::::EDIT 7/8/14::::
Finally got around to updating my review. I actually returned this mascara a month after my initial purchase because although it applied nicely and could keep a curl, I always got the dreaded raccoon eyes 1-2hrs after finishing my makeup. I have oily skin so that probably caused the major transfer issue. This would probably work better on ppl with normal to dry skin. Will not repurchase. I've actually discovered a new HG mascara

I just bought this mascara a couple of days ago because I had finished my megaplush and while debating whether or not to pick up my regular go to (classic volume express) I saw this one and pulled in due to the fact that is has a reg mascara wand like the classic does (also similar to loreals voluminous). So i decided to try the turbo boost out because 1. the Classic formula is a bit too dry even though i love the wand 2. although I love Megaplush's formula, the wand was a bit too circular for my lashes. (i wish they has one where the wand was like the classic or turbo but with megaplush's formula) and 3. the packaging showed 7x the volume in comparison to classic's which is 3x :P yea i know i shouldnt always trust labels but i didnt care that night. After trying out the mascara now for 2 days, i can honestly say this is my all time FAVORITE drugstore mascara. On my lashes, they look very similar to the way Lancome's Hypnose Doll Eyes applies. The first just being more affordable. The outcome looks likes im seriously wearing falsies. Even though its not advertised as a fiber mascara, I feel like it does a great job at lengthening my lashes as well as separating. It looks very black on my lashes which i love and although I can see why some reviews says they experience clumping, it never was a serious issue because 1-2 swipes or my lash comb took out any slight clumps i had. on top of that, I have very oily skin and eyelids but didnt experience and smudging. if you love Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes' formula but cant justify paying the price tag again then i definitely recommend this mascara. I'm just surprise it took me this long to discover this new HG product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by chinggao

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do have long lashes, and they are a bit on the light side, so I was kinda excited for this product. Black, non waterproof. Never again. It clumped after two coats, smeared horribly throughout the work day, and later, it took face scrub and babyoil to get it off.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by christinarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far, I love this product. The colour is a very nice black, and it has GREAT coverage on the top lashes. It makes my lashes so full and seperates them nicely. However, I HATE this mascara for my bottom lashes. Clumps them up and it looks horrible. Other than that, I would recommend it to someone who needs a little extra volume and length, but only for the top lashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Lame901

I use this to layer after I use one by one and I love it. It really adds volume. It can be clumpy so you need to be a bit careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by honeylavender

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what it is about this product, but it looks amazing on my eyelashes. I'm Asian, with straight lashes of which I have a normal amount. The way this product bonds with my eyelashes is incredible. I've never replicated the result with any other mascara on the market. This even works on my bottom lashes. When I wear this mascara people ask me if I'm wearing fake eyelashes. And I've been using the same tube for almost a year... it's almost too good to be true, and I'd be skeptical too had I not seen the results. Amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPink17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The reason I bought this product was because it said that it was waterproof and it even says it on the tube of mascara. I put it on, and it looked beautiful! Not too many clumps and I was ready to hit the beach with this on, trusting that it would be waterproof... It did not do what it says its supposed to. I had to wipe away the black under my eyes because it wasn't waterproof at all.

This mascara is nice to wear like a normal mascara, but I would steer clear of entering water with this on, as it doesn't seem to be waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by KCandL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this mascara!! It creates nice full lashes without looking fake. If you put more than 3 coats it gets kinda clumpy, but other than that its my favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by MarianCan

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am shocked!..lol!I have bi passed this mascara for forever..I feel so dumb right now.Bought it last weekend for the very first time and I am impressed:)I will repurchase this,thats for sure.Geezz,even my husband noticed,and that is saying something!!!Doesnt flake or smudge on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by toriturtle158

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I sure hit the jackpot with this one! It was on sale at my local grocery store so I thought "why not try it?". So glad I did! I adds wonderful volume to my long but thin lashes. It also curls them nicely (my lashes stick straight out). I love the bristles on this brush, they aren't rubber like most mascaras. The bristles apply a nice even coat without any clumps, and this mascara actually separates my lashes while adding volume! I hope they never stop selling this mascara because it's the only one I truly like!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by tonk0022

This mascara is amazing on my eyelashes. I've tried higher end brands and haven't received the same results. They lengthen, separate, and thicken. I hope I can find it again at a store near me because I will be repurchasing this.