Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara

3.2

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely buying this again. I love, love, love to do 2 swipes of this followed by Buxom Buxom lash mascara by Bare Essentials (because alone the latter doesn't do quite the trick). The two together work wonderfully at expanding the lash, making my short lashes longer, and do not clump! I would for sure wear this without the buxom too, especially during the day :)

on 2/25/2013 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this used to be my go to mascara but i think they have reformulated it. it still gives beautiful results BUT it flakes into the eye the worst of any mascara i have ever had. if you wear contacts stay away from this one as i have ruined a few contacts. the flakes in this are sharpe and hurt. i consider this the flakiest of flakey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

::::EDIT 7/8/14::::
Finally got around to updating my review. I actually returned this mascara a month after my initial purchase because although it applied nicely and could keep a curl, I always got the dreaded raccoon eyes 1-2hrs after finishing my makeup. I have oily skin so that probably caused the major transfer issue. This would probably work better on ppl with normal to dry skin. Will not repurchase. I've actually discovered a new HG mascara

I just bought this mascara a couple of days ago because I had finished my megaplush and while debating whether or not to pick up my regular go to (classic volume express) I saw this one and pulled in due to the fact that is has a reg mascara wand like the classic does (also similar to loreals voluminous). So i decided to try the turbo boost out because 1. the Classic formula is a bit too dry even though i love the wand 2. although I love Megaplush's formula, the wand was a bit too circular for my lashes. (i wish they has one where the wand was like the classic or turbo but with megaplush's formula) and 3. the packaging showed 7x the volume in comparison to classic's which is 3x :P yea i know i shouldnt always trust labels but i didnt care that night. After trying out the mascara now for 2 days, i can honestly say this is my all time FAVORITE drugstore mascara. On my lashes, they look very similar to the way Lancome's Hypnose Doll Eyes applies. The first just being more affordable. The outcome looks likes im seriously wearing falsies. Even though its not advertised as a fiber mascara, I feel like it does a great job at lengthening my lashes as well as separating. It looks very black on my lashes which i love and although I can see why some reviews says they experience clumping, it never was a serious issue because 1-2 swipes or my lash comb took out any slight clumps i had. on top of that, I have very oily skin and eyelids but didnt experience and smudging. if you love Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes' formula but cant justify paying the price tag again then i definitely recommend this mascara. I'm just surprise it took me this long to discover this new HG product.

on 12/27/2012 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I do have long lashes, and they are a bit on the light side, so I was kinda excited for this product. Black, non waterproof. Never again. It clumped after two coats, smeared horribly throughout the work day, and later, it took face scrub and babyoil to get it off.

So far, I love this product. The colour is a very nice black, and it has GREAT coverage on the top lashes. It makes my lashes so full and seperates them nicely. However, I HATE this mascara for my bottom lashes. Clumps them up and it looks horrible. Other than that, I would recommend it to someone who needs a little extra volume and length, but only for the top lashes!

on 10/6/2012 2:30:00 PM

I use this to layer after I use one by one and I love it. It really adds volume. It can be clumpy so you need to be a bit careful.

I don't know what it is about this product, but it looks amazing on my eyelashes. I'm Asian, with straight lashes of which I have a normal amount. The way this product bonds with my eyelashes is incredible. I've never replicated the result with any other mascara on the market. This even works on my bottom lashes. When I wear this mascara people ask me if I'm wearing fake eyelashes. And I've been using the same tube for almost a year... it's almost too good to be true, and I'd be skeptical too had I not seen the results. Amazing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The reason I bought this product was because it said that it was waterproof and it even says it on the tube of mascara. I put it on, and it looked beautiful! Not too many clumps and I was ready to hit the beach with this on, trusting that it would be waterproof... It did not do what it says its supposed to. I had to wipe away the black under my eyes because it wasn't waterproof at all.

This mascara is nice to wear like a normal mascara, but I would steer clear of entering water with this on, as it doesn't seem to be waterproof.

on 7/15/2012 3:26:00 PM

I really liked this mascara!! It creates nice full lashes without looking fake. If you put more than 3 coats it gets kinda clumpy, but other than that its my favorite!

on 7/7/2012 9:25:00 AM

I am shocked!..lol!I have bi passed this mascara for forever..I feel so dumb right now.Bought it last weekend for the very first time and I am impressed:)I will repurchase this,thats for sure.Geezz,even my husband noticed,and that is saying something!!!Doesnt flake or smudge on me.