December 19, 2014 | 1575 users online

Cleansers - Shea Terra Organics - Rose Hip & Red Bush African Black Soap Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Hotpookas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using this a month ago and since then 3 people have mentioned how good ny skin looks. I want to try every product from this line now.
Pros:
Removes makeup
Exfoliates without scrubbing
Natural ingredients, no added fragrance (smells like dirt- love it)
I've seen a huge improvement in nose & chin pores, clogs, and hyperpigmentation

Cons:
Pretty messy to apply. With wet hands it all runs down your arms before you can get it on. I started using a fan brush and that works great. Also best if your face is just barely damp.
Maybe a little drying in the beginning? It never irritated my skin but definitely proceed with caution if yours is sensitive.
Not the cutest mask/face wash (looks like dirt!)

I'm terrible at writing reviews but this is an amazing product whether you have issues with acne, PIH, or just occasional blemishes. It's $16 on Amazon. HG cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by juliakramp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing. I got a sample in my Birchbox, and after using it am & pm for a week, I can see better texture and my skin looks brighter. I have even gone a couple of days without powder or foundation, and I ALWAYS wear one or the other. I have finally found a keeper cleanser :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by chelsk007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have found my HG cleanser! I have spent so much $$ at dermatologists for acne treatments and creams but they don't work to keep my skin clear all day like this does. I have very painful cystic acne all along my jaw line and chin and my skin is almost 100% clear after one bottle of this magic stuff! My second one is on the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by emoore03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. I am almost done with my first bottle, and I can honestly say it does what it claims to do. I have very acne prone skin that tends to react badly to almost everything that it comes into contact with. This face cleanser however, does not irritate my skin at all. The first time I used it I was wary, as many people have stated it burns. It did not burn my skin.

After using this cleanser for several days, the little bit of acne I had cropping up due to using MAC Studio Fix powder, was gone. I am always good about moisturizing, so I cannot comment on whether or not it is drying. It has though significantly improved the texture of my skin, tightened my pores, and in general evened out my complexion like no other singular product has done.

I am now buying my second bottle and hope they never stop making this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by westiegirlaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I will buy this again-FANTASTIC cleanser. I have very sensitive, fair, dry skin...and I'm prone to breakouts and cystic acne. After a few acne scars that are slow to fade I find myself using Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover-which is thick and not easily removed with facial cleansers. I use this in combination with my clarisonic mia, and all is good. If I stray from this I find myself breaking out again. Double bonus that the ingredients are natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by BeachBunniee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I waited until I finished an entire bottle before writing this review. I'm happy to say I'm in love. My skin has never looked so refined and smooth. It's like the texture and appearance of my skin has been completely transformed. I was so skeptical about this cleanser at first...I mean, it's black and gooey and stinks. The only reason I purchased it was because of the rave reviews I saw on Birchbox. After 3 weeks of use my pores are smaller, my texture is smooth, my skin radiant. Again, I am in love. A year of prescription retinoids and vitamin C serums didn't even come close to the results I got from this.
In the AM I use it as a normal cleanser and at night I leave it on my face for 1-2 minutes before washing it off (it can be used as a mask too!). If I use it on my back or chest for blemishes I leave it on for 5 minutes before hopping in the shower. It is definitely very drying due to the intense daily exfoliating and complete skin overhaul, but I use cerave PM after and it takes care of the dryness. If you are looking for something to reduce pore size, refine your skin, and take care of discoloration I'd suggest giving this a try. Negatives: such a small bottle for the price!
I have combination, sensitive, acne-prone skin with spots of eczema for reference!
**This review is for the Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap Deep Pore Cleanser

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would not recommend this product anywhere near sensitive skin. The first time I use this, my face BURNED!!!!! However, I persisted on using this since i paid $18 for it. What result after rinsing it off is soft, smooth, velvety and clean skin. It was quite an irony for me.

I saw this 3 months ago on a blogger post. She has similar skin to me, dry-normal skin that is slightly dehydrated, mildly sensitive and she use this to tackle her breakout. Since i've been suffering from adult acne for almost over a year, I was quick to buy this hoping that it would finally be the HG product I was looking for all this time.

The packaging is sleek, simple and the bottle is made of glass. It feel luxurious to me, but I kept this in my cabinet and not in the shower. The cleanser is a gel-like and quite slippery. When I first use it slip right off my face and into the sink when I try to apply it on my face. It has an herbal/dirt like scent. It was offensive the first time I use it, but does not bother me anymore. If you are used to synthetically fragrance product, the smell might be off-putting at first.

This product lather very well, and the foam is white when the cleanser is this dark brown gel. The instruction recommend using this twice, first as a 5 minute mask, then a second time as cleanse. And I got to tell you, there is no way in hell i'll be doing that. This cleanser is serious stuff. ONCE is fine, honestly. Unless you got really tough/ durable skin and is extremely oily. Half a pump is more than enough for me. I massage it between my palm first to create foam then lather it on my face. It feel much better and less irritating this way. And since then my face has not burn. I do leave this on for 5 minute then rinse this off. I used this once to remove make-up and it was fine but I always follow up with another cleanser (sorry it's a habit).

About its acne-fighting capability, sorry I really couldn't attest to that. I still break out when i switch to this cleanser. But I didnt use this every day either because it's too much for my skin. I use this twice a week max. However, I do notice I break out a little less, and my acne is not as painful. When I was having some active pimple and use this cleanser as a mask, I could really feel the acne spot burn, so I guess it was burning off the bacteria? hehe

I use this in conjunction with a lot of stuff, and i was able to keep my breakout at bay now. I would not say this was THE ONE but it definitely help in my acne battle somewhat. I rate this highly because of how unbelievable soft and smooth my skin is after cleansing. As my face is the type that doesnt produce oil at all, I make sure to slab on a cream afterward because any cleanser make my skin feel a tad naked and dry (even cetaphil). But if you got oily skin, I think this would be perfect. It does really get rid of all the grime and dirt and leave face extremely clean and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by misuny77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is getting smoother. It's amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by suliettejucks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

If you've got acne-prone skin like I do, I would give this product a try! I've been using Aveeno Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser which is amazing but I wanted to try a product that was all natural. Shea Terra's Black Soap is absolutely amazing! I use it once a day at night and I can feel it tightening my pores. I have recently switched to using it every other day (avoiding my nose area because it dries out and irritates that area). If you are considering purchasing this product, I would also look into purchasing a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by sugaraddictt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser, along with a facial regime of pure moroccan rose water and argan and baobab oil from shea terra, changed the life of my skin! I have combination skin, mostly oily on the surface and dry underneath, because the face produces more oil when it's dry. The overzealous pores on my t-zone and cheeks makes them a constant cooking bed for blackheads.

I do agree that it can be drying, as the very first time I used it, it left my face feeling tight and dry and slightly red, but it was without a doubt that my face was brighter and clearer than it has ever been! Not even a $100 facial visit could have achieved that. Right after I stepped out of the shower, I'd spritz on Moroccan rose water from the same brand and it soothes and calms my skin instantly. If it's night time, I'd apply argan oil to my face. It absorbs much better after the black soap has rid off the dead skin, so it's kind of synergistic to use them together.

It's been 1 and half months now since I started on this regime, and my skin is looking so much better than before! I think the condition of my face has improved and is used to the black soap as it does not feel as dry and tight as the first 2 times I used it. Together with the argan oil, my face is moisturized from within, its smoother and clearer, and my nose does not produce as much blackheads as before. And these days, just a little makeup base is sufficed to make me look like i've got good skin!

If you have dry skin, I'd recommend you to give it a try but arm yourself with a good moisturizer/oil. I love it so much that I managed to convince 8 of my friends to try it, and now they all love it so much (they all have different skin types)!

If you have dry skin and worry about this drying out your skin,