July 26, 2014 | 940 users online

Lips - Korres - plum lip butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by JenniStarBrite

I think the most important thing to take away from reviews is context... A lot of negative reviews about the 'brightness' of the color seem to be from my fair skinned sisters.

However, I am Latina and a MAC NC43 for reference. On me this is a lovely color. It's a shade darker than my natural lip color and just makes them look luscious.

It's a nice glossy color that makes me feel polished without lipstick which I LOVE since I hate reapplying lipstick, because I do have dry lips and most color dries them out even more.

I have a KORRES lip butter in Guava and love that one too but it's almost white on my lips so I only use it at night. This is the only product I have used for long stretches of time that dont make my lips burn and peel off.

I wish the price wasn't so steep, but considering how many 'cheap' glosses I have bought and throw away because they make me peely, they is worth the price. I sue every drop.

I am not a big fan of the packaging and wish I didnt have to dip my finger into the pot, but I can deal with that. It's only my finger going in there anyway and I am the Queen of hand sanitizer LOL

I want to try the others in the line.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 7:10:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product has a beautiful colour to it. It really makes your lips 'pop' whilst still being sheer and glossy. I have to reapply the lip gloss quite often, I prefer lip colour that has colour that stays but the colour and benefits outweight having to reapply often.
I love the feel and find it moisturising. It also has a lovely smell to it too.
I wish the had the object in a tube or something like that so one lippie off for that.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by jfb2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this but sadly didn't. It didn't have much moisture at all and the color was just too bright for me. I had to reapply ever 15min just to get some moisture out of it. Also I hate that it was in a pot and I had to dip my finger in it! A tube would have been a lot better. I could have over looked the pot if it was a better product but it didn't feel good on my lips. In the end I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by cjofphilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the color and the moisture. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sodenoshirayuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like a lot of the other reviewers, I don't find this lip butter to be moisturizing enough to function as a balm, but it does work as a really lovely lip color, for me at least. It gives a matte, 'stain' sort of look, very soft and sensual. The color, is, of course, plum, and works well with my fair complexion and dark hair.
I got my balm as part of a set for a discounted price, and IMO, this balm alone is worth the entire $7.50 that I paid! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by yuphehe

So as with the Jasmine Lip Butter, this does not moisturize my lips enough for it to be a good lip balm. My lips are dry when I wake up in the morning. The color though is very pigmented for the tint, though the color is a little hard to wear for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by valeriellen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lip butter! It is a great little pot to keep in your purse so you can have a little bit of moisture and color on the run. The color is very light despite the dark appearance in the pot. I agree with other posters that a tube would be much, much better, as I have to use the back of my nail to scrape some of the product out of the pot so I don't get it stuck under my fingernail. Overall, I love this creamy lip product and I'll definitely buy another on my next trip to Sephora. I need one in my purse and one in my makeup bag!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by charmax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Argh! What a horrible product. Why would I want such a pigmented lip balm? I need a mirror to apply it and I have to wipe my finger on something afterwards. It doesn't really have a smell to me, which is a shame, and because it's such a freaking strong a colour I have to use a tiny layer and probably get no moisturising benefit at all! Got this in the plum kit (with e/s and l/g) all reviewed separately.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by DvineRevelation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have left a general review of these lip butters on the one for WILD ROSE.

This lip butter is my favorite of all. On my latina skin color, this shows wonderfully. It is quite pigmented, and leaves behind a gorgeous stain on lips once the gloss wears off. They do leave a nice gloss/sheen on lips at first...but do wear off nicely, and you still have that feeling of moisture.

For those who want a pigmented lip butter, this is for you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by sdportugal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is just about perfect. I find it very moisturizing and love the hint of color it provides. It's sheer enough to be applied neatly without a mirror, but the color can easily be built up for a more dramatic look. The scent is very light and disappears entirely after a few minutes. Plum, for me is the ideal YLBB shade, but I like Wild Rose and Guava as well. Great product at a very reasonable price.