July 30, 2014 | 1498 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Olay - Regenerist Eye Make-up Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonraisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This stuff STINGS!!!! I bought this on a whim while I was grocery shopping, and I wish I hadn't. I think I am even going to write to Olay about this, because no product for the eye area should hurt (yes it literally *hurt* as soon as I applied it) this much. And it didn't even do a good job at removing my eye makeup!

I'll stick to CVS's knockoff of Neutrogena's Oil-free eye makeup remover. It's exactly the same as Neutrogena, is gentle, removes all eye makeup (even waterproof) and does not sting at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I'm always in the market for eyemakeup remover and this is my second from Oil of Olay. I'm not a huge fan of the oil based makeup removers so I always go for the cream ones. I have to say, I really love this product. I use it with circle cotton pads and my mascara, eyeshadow and liner is gone with one swipe on top and bottom of my eye. I love the smell and how great it feels on my skin.

The one thing that I hate is how it squirts out of the bottle and goes everywhere. I've had it on my shirt, the sink, the floor...everywhere. Even when I try to squirt it out slowly with a pad close up to the nossle its uncontrollable.

As for the anti-wrinkle cream...I'm not quite sure how thats working. I don't have wrinkles yet but I can only hope whatever is in this is doing some prevention.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 12:05:00 PM More reviews by julia0192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is great for making the eye area feel smooth and average for removing makeup, but it stings my eyes when I use it and I feel like an eye makeup remover should be painless. Also, a few others have said this, but it squirts EVERYWHERE when you push the pump it's extremely annoying. This product was on sale for $2.49 at Walgreens and now I know why.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Regenerist Eye Make-Up Remover when it was buy-one-get-one-free at Walgreen's. I got this, a micro-dermabrasion kit, micro-derm cleansing cloths and night cream. Of the 4 products this one is my least favorite.

In total I give this remover 2 stars on the following counts:

Scent: Very nice full scent (as all the other Olay products I purchased are). I'm a big 'scent' person and love smelly-good products so I listed this first. As far as scents go, this one is a 4 (not as nice as the night cream , Micro-Dermabrasion or the cleansing cloths in my opinion.)

Consistency: Medium creamy consistency, not too thick to squirt through the pump, sort of like the consistency of Suave hand lotion.

Ability to remove eye makeup: Poor. I have to really work to get this to remove my make up. No matter which way I use it or how much I smear it on (or how much) my make up gets smeared all over my eyes. Today I even wore minimal eye-makeup in a non-waterproof formula without any primer or paint pot and it STILL didn't remove the make up until I did 2 full applications of this.

Color: White

Moisturizing quality: Very moisturizing both left on or rinsed off.

Unique features: This remover says that you can leave it on or rinse it off which I think is a nice option. It's similar to eye cream, in my opinion. I read an article in Elle that said it's a good idea to have a cleanser that leaves a bit of film on your skin so it doesn't strip the skin. I used to hate that if a cleanser didn't feel squeaky clean but my opinion of this has changed since entering into my 30's where I'm more concerned about avoiding lines and wrinkles as much as possible.

Multi-purpose ability: Poor. Strangely, I noticed on the bottle it says that you should rub in on your face and neck, too. So, I guess they're saying you can remove other make up? So I did this tonight, doing as it said, and rubbing with a large damp cotton pad in circular motions over my face and neck. I went back with witch hazel astrigent aftewards to see how much make up was left on. I had to use 3 entirely fresh cotton pads to get the remainder of the make up off my face! And today I did a minimal amount of make up! Does not work for face make up either.

Packaging: Black squirt top pump bottle that took me a few minutes to open. Not sure why. I find it strange that the bottle is shaped the way it is with the squirt hole sort of pointing upwards. You need to cup your hand around it if you want the remover to get in your hand and not on your sink or vanity mirror.

Retail Price: $9.99 at Walgreen's

Overall: I'm not a fan of this product for the main reason that it does not do what it says it will do: Remove eye-makeup. It does however feel somewhat extravagant due to it's curved black bottle, it's scent and it's moisturizing feel, however, it does not remove eye make up (or any other make up) the way it should. Isn't that the point of an eye makeup remover? By the way, I didn't even try to attempt to remove waterproof mascara/liner as I'm sure that it would be even more difficult to remove.

What actually works to take off eye-makeup: Personally I find that regular baby oil removes make up perfectly (whereas this one leaves me a bit cold. I often have to go over my eyes a few times with a cloth to get the remaining bits no matter what I do. In fact, I almost returned it but then I realized it was half off officially so I ended up keeping it.)

If you are looking for a remover that is more of a scent/moisturizing experience minus the make up removal experience then go ahead and spend $9.99 but if I were you I would keep searching. The scent and the moisturizing ability just doesn't make it worth buying again. Not impressed with Olay Regenerist Eye Make-up Remover which is a pity because I have loved their other products I purchased the same night. This desperately needs reformulating!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by dollllface

Love this! It smells amazing & removes all the make-up. I wear a lot of eye make-up & everything comes off so easily without having to tug/pull at the skin. I haven't tried it with waterproof mascara yet. I experienced a stinging sensation the first time I used it - I don't know why, but that was the first & only time so I've continued using it. It makes my eye area feel soft, without any grease. I don't have any wrinkles/fine lines around my eyes, but I do feel as though my skin feels more "supple". I really love the smell - it makes using the product more "enjoyable" LOL.
One thing I don't like is the pump. If you're not careful, it'll spray everywhere. I've had the product hitting the walls, mirror, sink, floor, etc. Even when I press down lightly, it sometimes still shoots out uncontrollably, so I just put a cotton pad directly under the opening. Even when it doesn't shoot out everywhere, I personally don't like how you can't control how much product actually comes out. If I wanted a tiny amount, a lot would still come out which would feel like a waste. Otherwise, I love it!
I think I paid around $14 CDN.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Brelki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was in search of a new eye makeup remover, and I happened upon this one. I love most of the regenerist line, and this is no different. I haven't experienced the stinging that some have referred to in their reviews, and I have incredibly sensitive eyes and am a contacts wearer. While I'm not entirely sure this is working as an anti-wrinkle treatment, I don't really care. I bought it as a eye makeup remover, and it is working fabulously for that! The only thing I don't like is that when I press down on the nozzle, it tends to just shoot out the remover every which way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

I am SHOCKED at the negative reviews here - I love this product! This might very well be the best drugstore eye make-up remover I've ever used. My all time faves are Clarins' Instant & Lancome's Bi-Facil but as those are over $20 each, they're only a rare treat. My drugstore fave, Nivea (not perfect but best d/s one I've found), has grown increasingly difficult to find (I don't like other drugstore removers I've tried). I bought this one day to check out & fell in love. First off, I do NOT follow the directions & apply this to a cotton ball, then swipe, it just doesn't feel as soft a removal that way. Rather, I gently massage the product over my eyes to remove the makeup 1st, THEN I swipe w/ a clean cotton ball - much softer that way. This dissolves eye makeup completely & gently, leaving no remnants while working so effectively that there's no pulling & no (or minimal) lashes lost. I have found my drugstore HG eye makeup remover at last! Yeah at $8 a pop it's a bit much for d/s but it's totally worth it. And the pump dispenser does take some getting used to, you need to learn how to angle it so you're not squirting your wall, LOL. Now not sure about the supposed anti-wrinkle properties of this yet, though I do know this leaves my eye area soft & smooth looking. If you are looking for a d/s eye makeup remover, I highly recommend you at least check this out once! I ADORE IT.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by acegirl

This item really hurt my eyes. I had this put away for a reason. I tried again after a month of puting away and it really hurts my eyes. Waste of money.!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This worked well at taking off my mascara. However, I hate the pump. It squirts everywhere. It can also irritate my eyes at times.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by cosmokitten

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am extremely disappointed with this product. I, too, have had trouble with the pump dispenser-even the slightest pressure makes it squirt out everywhere! But even more disappointing is it's lack of performance. I wear L'Oreal waterproof mascara and, seriously, my mascara did not budge. It still looked beautifully in place after trying to remove it with this product. I also had to use quite a bit to make sure all my face makeup was removed. I didn't trust that my face was clean and ended up using a foamy cleasners afterwards anyway. It feels too heavy for the eyes and caused some puffiness in the morning. Also, the scent is an issue-too strong. This one is going back.