Cover Girl Exact Eyelights

3.1

on 11/12/2013 12:26:00 PM

Ran across this at the drugstore and tried the same product a couple of years ago. Thinking maybeee I got a dried up tube, or a bad batch. Nope, still just the same product. I got the one for brown eyes. There are some nice specs of glitter, but no length or volume compared to a less the average mascara. A little expensive ($10) for a sub par mascara. I wanted to love you.

on 10/4/2013 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Brittle lashes will occur after using product. Half my lashes broke in half after only one application. Horrible. Disastrous product.

on 9/21/2013 12:53:00 PM

This products is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I naturally have long eyelashes but this makes them long and full of volume. It gives such a dramatic effect, I LOVE IT. I have this in the shade for brown eyes and I have gotten many compliments on my eyes when I wear this.

on 8/27/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have blue eyes and use the Black Sapphire. It's great because as a natural blonde I do not have any hair on my body that is black OR brown. I can get away with black in the evening, but during the day it's too severe for my light skin/eyes/hair and brown looks funny. The color in the black sapphire is like a slate blue so it doesn't look BLUE while you're wearing it, but it looks soft and natural and yet you can see my eyelashes!! I don't know that it makes my eyes look bluer, but it's perfect for daytime use since it looks so natural to my coloring.

on 8/10/2013 11:51:00 AM

I bought this at the drugstore because it was on sale (I think it was like 4$) and I bought the one for blue eyes (thinking it was black) because I didn't like the one for green eyes, which had a brown color.

When I opened it at home, I realized it had blue tones, which I liked because the blue tones are very subtle once the mascara is applied on your lashes.

Ok, it doesn't give really long and thick eyelashes, but I think it looks great if used with a lash curler.

Overall, it's a good mascara giving a cute and natural look but I would definitely not buy it again.

on 3/11/2013 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

In one word: Lame. I bought the one for hazel eyes, hoping it would help make my sparse little lashes pop magically. Most mascaras at least make my lashes stand out at least a little, but this stuff did pretty much nothing: weak pigment, irritated my contact lenses, and dried brittle as heck with no 'pop'! I'll give it this much: it was a bitch to get off! Unless you already have great lashes, don't bother!

on 2/12/2013 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Alright folks, I actually don't mind this stuff. No it is not the best mascara I have ever used in terms of enhancing length but it is far from the worst either. This imparts a subtle emphasized lash, it separates decently and can be built up without causing a clumpy mess. I fail to see any brightening effects - which is why I bought the product, but it works fine as a basic mascara. I will say this product does have one thing which makes it stick out from other mascaras I have tried : wear time. I have the waterproof version and while waterproof mascaras typically last much longer on the lash than regular ones, this stuff absolutely wont budge! I find I can wash my face or even take a shower and this stuff is still hanging on for dear life, eyelashes still defined and separated. I need to soak my eyelids in Neutrogena's cream (or is it gell?) eye makeup remover for at least a minute before this stuff rinses away. My guess is this would work great in the humid days of summer, not traveling a bit. As a basic mascara this works just fine. What I recommend is wearing this stuff on top of your favorite mascara to lock it on to your lash - a mascara sealer if you will.

on 2/10/2013 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My favorite mascara!
I always like the natural look, and usually skip mascara just because my eyes look bigger without it, but I love using this mascara, it does give me some sort of light to my eyes, they just seem brighter, I only like the waterproof one; it's long lasting and it keep my lashes curled throughout the day and it's also easy to remove when I cleanse my face. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a natural look.

xox.
ALY (:

on 2/9/2013 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't wear makeup every day, so I end up keeping things like mascara for longer than I should. Having not purchased a new mascara in waaay too long, I bought the Exact Eyelights thinking even if it didn't really make my eye color pop, I still needed new mascara, and I didn't notice a huge price difference between this and the rest of the Lash Exact line.

When I got home to try it out, I couldn't believe how disappointed I was. I bought the Black Ruby for green eyes. When you look at the mascara itself, you can definitely see the "ruby" tint to it, however, on my eyelashes, I didn't notice it at all. I have naturally thick and dark eyelashes. Perhaps on lighter lashes it would be more noticeable. But when comparing one eye with mascara to the other eye without, I didn't notice any difference in eye color. What's worse was I barely noticed any difference in my lashes period, even after multiple coats. Probably due to the ruby tint, my eyelashes didn't stand out as much as they do when I wear jet black mascara. Not only that, but my lashes clumped, and I didn't experience any volume, length or curl from the mascara. The only way I could tell I was wearing any on that eye was because of the clumping.

I then put some of my old Lash Exact lengthening mascara on my other eye to compare. And even though that mascara is years old, it still looked WAY better. The lashes fanned out, no clumping and were darker and more noticeable. Even after curling and brushing both eyes, there was a very noticeable difference between the two mascaras (with the Exact Eyelights looking worse.)

I'm pretty disappointed in this purchase. When I buy a drugstore brand, I know I'm not going to be getting the same quality as something from Sephora, but the Exact Eyelights didn't even stand up to another mascara from the same Cover Girl line. It was a waste of money because I can't see myself wearing it ever because my lashes honestly looked better without it than with it.

on 1/22/2013 6:35:00 PM

This was my first tube of mascara. I just starting wearing makeup and I didn't want to wear something too much too soon, so I went for a more natural, subtle look. This mascara was perfect for a first timer and a person who wears makeup for years.
This mascara didn't give great volume and length, but enough for your eyes and lashes to enhance your beauty. The packaging was simple and great. CoverGirl is known for their giant brush and tubes and is sometimes a turn off for me. This product was a nice difference.
Even though I have tried more mascara now, I would purchase this again for a more natural look.