July 28, 2014 | 1777 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by CehraBehra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have blue eyes and use the Black Sapphire. It's great because as a natural blonde I do not have any hair on my body that is black OR brown. I can get away with black in the evening, but during the day it's too severe for my light skin/eyes/hair and brown looks funny. The color in the black sapphire is like a slate blue so it doesn't look BLUE while you're wearing it, but it looks soft and natural and yet you can see my eyelashes!! I don't know that it makes my eyes look bluer, but it's perfect for daytime use since it looks so natural to my coloring.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Mariekehc

I bought this at the drugstore because it was on sale (I think it was like 4$) and I bought the one for blue eyes (thinking it was black) because I didn't like the one for green eyes, which had a brown color.

When I opened it at home, I realized it had blue tones, which I liked because the blue tones are very subtle once the mascara is applied on your lashes.

Ok, it doesn't give really long and thick eyelashes, but I think it looks great if used with a lash curler.

Overall, it's a good mascara giving a cute and natural look but I would definitely not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In one word: Lame. I bought the one for hazel eyes, hoping it would help make my sparse little lashes pop magically. Most mascaras at least make my lashes stand out at least a little, but this stuff did pretty much nothing: weak pigment, irritated my contact lenses, and dried brittle as heck with no 'pop'! I'll give it this much: it was a bitch to get off! Unless you already have great lashes, don't bother!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by candyfluff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Alright folks, I actually don't mind this stuff. No it is not the best mascara I have ever used in terms of enhancing length but it is far from the worst either. This imparts a subtle emphasized lash, it separates decently and can be built up without causing a clumpy mess. I fail to see any brightening effects - which is why I bought the product, but it works fine as a basic mascara. I will say this product does have one thing which makes it stick out from other mascaras I have tried : wear time. I have the waterproof version and while waterproof mascaras typically last much longer on the lash than regular ones, this stuff absolutely wont budge! I find I can wash my face or even take a shower and this stuff is still hanging on for dear life, eyelashes still defined and separated. I need to soak my eyelids in Neutrogena's cream (or is it gell?) eye makeup remover for at least a minute before this stuff rinses away. My guess is this would work great in the humid days of summer, not traveling a bit. As a basic mascara this works just fine. What I recommend is wearing this stuff on top of your favorite mascara to lock it on to your lash - a mascara sealer if you will.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by alybearxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite mascara!
I always like the natural look, and usually skip mascara just because my eyes look bigger without it, but I love using this mascara, it does give me some sort of light to my eyes, they just seem brighter, I only like the waterproof one; it's long lasting and it keep my lashes curled throughout the day and it's also easy to remove when I cleanse my face. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a natural look.

xox.
ALY (:

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by erinnlewis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't wear makeup every day, so I end up keeping things like mascara for longer than I should. Having not purchased a new mascara in waaay too long, I bought the Exact Eyelights thinking even if it didn't really make my eye color pop, I still needed new mascara, and I didn't notice a huge price difference between this and the rest of the Lash Exact line.

When I got home to try it out, I couldn't believe how disappointed I was. I bought the Black Ruby for green eyes. When you look at the mascara itself, you can definitely see the "ruby" tint to it, however, on my eyelashes, I didn't notice it at all. I have naturally thick and dark eyelashes. Perhaps on lighter lashes it would be more noticeable. But when comparing one eye with mascara to the other eye without, I didn't notice any difference in eye color. What's worse was I barely noticed any difference in my lashes period, even after multiple coats. Probably due to the ruby tint, my eyelashes didn't stand out as much as they do when I wear jet black mascara. Not only that, but my lashes clumped, and I didn't experience any volume, length or curl from the mascara. The only way I could tell I was wearing any on that eye was because of the clumping.

I then put some of my old Lash Exact lengthening mascara on my other eye to compare. And even though that mascara is years old, it still looked WAY better. The lashes fanned out, no clumping and were darker and more noticeable. Even after curling and brushing both eyes, there was a very noticeable difference between the two mascaras (with the Exact Eyelights looking worse.)

I'm pretty disappointed in this purchase. When I buy a drugstore brand, I know I'm not going to be getting the same quality as something from Sephora, but the Exact Eyelights didn't even stand up to another mascara from the same Cover Girl line. It was a waste of money because I can't see myself wearing it ever because my lashes honestly looked better without it than with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

This was my first tube of mascara. I just starting wearing makeup and I didn't want to wear something too much too soon, so I went for a more natural, subtle look. This mascara was perfect for a first timer and a person who wears makeup for years.
This mascara didn't give great volume and length, but enough for your eyes and lashes to enhance your beauty. The packaging was simple and great. CoverGirl is known for their giant brush and tubes and is sometimes a turn off for me. This product was a nice difference.
Even though I have tried more mascara now, I would purchase this again for a more natural look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh my, this mascara turned out to be everything that I loath and try to avoid in a mascara.

It is dry, it makes my lashes look like creepy spider legs, and it made my lashes hard, stiff, and crunchy. Trying to take it off was awful - it was like I had dried egg on my lashes. The only thing I don't know is if it migrates to the skin under my eyes - another loathsome mascara hate - because I didn't wear it longer than a hour.

I was looking for an everyday mascara - no fuss. Wanted to get another Full and Soft but Shopper's didn't carry it any more. Bought this one on sale because I've used the CG Professional before so I thought this one might be fun to try. I bought the Black Gold for my Hazel eyes (I have gold flecks in my eye colour so I couldn't wait to see the effect- there was none).

I loath when mascara makes my lashes all different lengths, coats them in a creepy spider leg look, and blunts them at the end. I want glossy, soft, tapered points and I want my lashes to maintain their relative length - not have one or two lashes stick out longer than any of the others - ugh!!!

I couldn't comb out or brush out the dry clumpy coating. Even EVOO had a hard time getting it off my lashes. Forget it. I'm going back to Bourjois mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by CatCarpenter82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this product off & on for the last 5 years. I love the way it makes my eyes look, as the rest of the reviewers what they say is true. BUT the last couple of months I have not had luck with this product. The mascara flakes/clumps, breaks off into my eye, & I wear contacts. Very painful. I've even started losing lashes. Plus I get racoon eyes & it started staining making me look like I haven't slept in months. So I changed. I will miss this product, but I'm sure I'll find something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Kayla25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best mascara i've used in my life. Like seriously... I freaking love this mascara. Its volumizes lashes, makes them thicker and it is water proof! Can't get any better than that!!