October 25, 2014 | 1621 users online

Powder - New York Color - Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It was a little too powdery for me to love it, and it broke apart too soon, even with gentle handling. But, it was adequate for the price. ( I used 704A Warm Beige and it may have been a tad too dark for winter.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For $2.99 (Canadian) this is a true drugstore gem find for me and I have repurchased. The powder is finely milled, silky, and doesn't look chalky or feel heavy. I use the shade translucent and it works excellent for my complexion, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1. This powder works beautifully for setting my make-up and sets to a semi-satin/semi-matte finish. Holds up well with my oilier t-zone and works great for touch-ups without getting cakey or oxidizing. The only downside is the packaging as it's not durable and cheap.
Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Cetyl Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain +/1 Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by EmilyPierce

In in love with this powder. It's dirt cheap, has a good color range for my skin tone, and does its job to a t. Holy grail for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by vanessamwong

Hit pan. Translucent has been working pretty well on the main areas of my face. Does not cake up but doesnt control oil all that well either. For the dirt cheap price maybe it's worth picking up and giving it a try on your own skin! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by NatashaEnvy

It does the job of setting my makeup, its easy to take with you if you need to because of the nice compact package! and it was cheap! if you have dry patches like me use a little less than one your oily spots and your set to go!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does an okay job at setting my makeup. It's more like an oil absorbing powder because of the kaolin in the powder. It looks cakey on my dry skin. The translucent isn't really translucent so if you have medium to dark skin tone it will show up and look ashy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by denaerea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although it costs very little and isn't fancy by any means, I like this powder (in translucent) for setting my make-up into place. It's nothing special, but it does the trick. Keeps my face matte for a decent length of time and even when I do need to retouch, I don't feel bad about using more because I haven't spent more than a few dollars on it. I have extremely sensitive skin but haven't had any issues with it. It comes in a regular looking compact case with a mirror and a useless little sponge that I never end up using (a nice big brush works much better). I would recommend this to anyone who just wants a super cheap pressed powder that works...nothing more. Definitely worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by dollief

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have very pale nw10 skin and the translucent shade is perfect. I apply with a powder brush and it seems a little powdery and light at first, but within 5 mains or so it settles Down into a lovely sheer finish that is not chalky or orangey, and it does not change the color of my foundation, and controls oil for hours. Very cheap too! Will buy as long as they make it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Enchantedd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I meant to purchase this in translucent, but I was not paying attention and bought natural beige instead. I am fair skinned, and this was way too light for me. I would much rather try the translucent one. The powder is smooth and does give a nice soft texture to the skin, but the color was just too light. I really like the packaging though, and it has a really nice mirror. I don't recommend using the powder applicator though, it is so thin and feels so cheaply made. Use a powder brush or different puff to apply it. I will not purchase this in natural beige again, but I will try the the translucent one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Mxlly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Smooth skin? Psh. This product isn't that bad considering the price, but it isn't great either. It was the first powder I ever bought and it worked for me at first. But the more I used it the more unsatisfied I became. I realized that the powder was too powdery on my face, it was SO obvious that I had powder on! (I always wore it after applying my foundation) and it wasn't that I was using too much powder, I really wasn't. I bought a new different one, used it the same way, same amount and gave me flawless results compared to this powder.

The powder wasn't obvious under bad lighting, but once you went outside and to other places, under different lightings it was obvious.

The only good thing I have to say, is that the color shade was right, and it controlled my oily T-Zone.