December 22, 2014 | 1309 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Burt's Bees - Naturally Ageless Eye Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

I just started using this stuff and I love it! I have tried everything (Clinique, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Neutrogena, Olay) for my eyes which have dry lines and dark circles. This has helped with that. My makeup sets very well with this and does not settle in the fine lines as much. I look more awake. Who knew that Burt Bees would be so good?? Also, I love that I can pick it up at my HyVee grocery store, Target etc....I don't have to go into some expensive department store. I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised this product has gotten so much negative feedback. I love it!

The reason I gave it 4 and not 5 lipsticks is because I'm not sure how much it actually helps lighten dark circles.

Other than that, I love the smell, texture, and feel of this around my eye area. I apply it morning and night and always look forward to it! (Lol, I know that's a bit lame!). But, seriously, I wear it uner makeup and I feel moisturized and comfortable all day.

I'm sorry to hear it has broken some people out ... I'm on my second jar of this and haven't experienced that (and I have sensitive skin and apply it ALL around my eye area).

My only cons would be that for an eye cream I prefer a squeeze out tube (sorry, don't know the proper term). I don't like dipping my finger in it day after day. I would also have prefered to find a less expensive cream (this is $34 CAN), but then, there are far more expensive creams, and cheaper creams don't feel as nice and pure as this one ....

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2009 12:49:00 PM More reviews by peppamint

First of all, I wouldn't buy this again. NOT because it's a bad product, but because it isn't HG-worthy. I only re-purchase items that are HG-worthy.

That said, this is worth a shot if you like "all-natural/organic/good for the earth/etc." products. While some "natural" products tend to be odd (in terms of texture, scent, whatever) I feel that Burt's Bees has got the hang of the whole "natural" thing.

The eye cream was rich and had a fabulous texture, but it didn't sink into my skin and took awhile to absorb (actually, it never FULLY absorbed....)

The one thing I look for in any kind of moisturizer is its ability to absorb. When I put it on before bed, I fully expect to see no trace of it in the morning. This one left me with a slight oily sheen around my eyes when I woke up. (However, maybe I put on too much or didn't rub it in well enough...)

It's worth a shot, but for $25 you get quite a small pot, so try it only if you have the money to spend. I'm sure there are better (read: cheaper), more effective eye products out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by blpbkp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was a little moisturizing but did nothing to smooth out the lines underneath my eyes. Also, it broke me out on the sides of my eyes. I have sensitive skin. I won't be buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by doedoechachacha

I had such high hopes for this product.. I think it's been like.. quite a while since I first started using it. Maybe 2 months? I started getting these wrinkles under my eyes for the first time so I went out and got this cream. I'm a huge fan of organic or natural products so that's why I went with this one. Unfortunately... I don't think I saw it do anything!

Pros:
- Smells super yummy
- I like the little container, it's pretty cute
- It's made from natural products

Cons:
- I think it's expensive for what it is (doing nothing)
- It feels kind of tacky when applying it and it's hard to rub into my skin.. I would have to rub it over and over again until it gets in there. Or, I'd have to just settle for the temporary white pastiness on my skin until it dries
- It does nothing :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnyfufu

I've tried many Burt's Bees products and usually quite satisfied with them. The Ageless Intensive serum works great and I though perhaps the eye cream would be just as good. The eye cream was not satisfactory at all. The creme had a odd mousse like constancy and was hard to pick up. I had to really dig my finger in there to scoop any up. If i just tried to dab up a bit all i picked up was a oily glaze. The smell was alright, but I am not to thrilled with it. Maybe because it is a bit more oily than the their royal honey eye cream, but after applying this for a few days I started getting acne around my eye area. I will definitely not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by dreab77

This product worked well for me. I have severe bags that I inherited from my father, thanks dad :) Anyway, I've tried everything short of surgery to try and tighten and brighten my bags, some work better than others and I would count this of one of the top products that has worked. I hate the packaging and the consistency is a little watery, but the overall product works pretty well and the smell is pleasant. Next I'm trying 100 percent pure caffeine eye cream, fingers crossed....

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by jofreesia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very disappointed by this product. As soon as I stopped using Shiseido Benefiance and switched to Burt's Bees, small lines around the eyes and the dark patch under the eyes that were not there began to form. My quess is that it's not moisturizing much. For a cream that has practically no effect, it's pricey too.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2008 10:20:00 AM More reviews by vwterry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product leaves a slightly tacky feel, but is still fine under makeup. I used to buy a Clinique product (I think it was called Daily Eye Benefits), and I'd still like to find something with a similar consistency, but I'm trying to use paraben-free cosmetics whenever possible. This product is good enough that I'm not tempted to buy Clinique.

The major negative of this product is its scent. One of the ingredients is the magnolia bark extract, and I'm guessing that's the component of the scent that I dislike. I took off one lippie because I don't like the smell.

Edited to one lippie. Had to throw it out because I couldn't stand the smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by aastew

This did nothing for my eyes and was very expensive. For the price I was expecting some help with my eyes. It was just plain old white watery cream that was useless.