Sephora Glass Nail File

4.6

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Forget all the cheaper imitations and go for this. The case alone has saved it from breaking many times.Works years longer than traditional emery boards,

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The file does a great job. I've tried regular files and I never liked how they worked. They were too harsh and thick. Thicker files gave me a lot of trouble shaping my nails, I couldn't get in close without hurting my finger or damaging the sides of my nails. I like how thin this file is. This file shapes my nails quickly and they don't split.

The file I got is double sided now as I read at least one review that said it was only on one side. The carrying case is nice. I have one in my purse and one I keep with my nail care set at home.

A good value and a really nice file for $10. I am so glad I won't have to buy any others.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just bought this and have only used it once so far so this is based on that, but I really like it. It left the edges of my nails nice and smooth. I have fairly strong nails, but have always had a problem with peeling. I was starting to think maybe it was my nail file causing a break at the nail edge allowing water to get in and then peeling. I'm hoping a smoother edge will stop this. Mine came a nice case to keep it safe in my purse. I will update later and let you know how the peeling goes... But so far it's a keeper!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good nail file. It files nails smoothly and quickly. However, I hate the sound of this nail file, I can tolerate my non-glass nail files just fine, but I literally grit my teeth every time I use this because the sound bothers me so much, I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who feels this way though.

Also, be very VERY careful not to drop it, it will pretty much immediately shatter if you have hardwood, laminate or marble floors.

This is the first glass nail file I bought. I just picked it up one day while looking for facial exfoliants. For the price and quality I am in love. I don't feel like it is fragile in any way, I have a pretty firm grip and am very clumsy and it has not broken or given me any trouble. It files so smoothly, much better than any previous file I had used.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've had two of these and broken them both.
For a file they work fairly well but not worth the $8 considering how fragile they are.
If you can keep it from breaking then its a good value but don't think about taking it anywhere with you, it will snap in half.

I bought a Nail Tek crystal file that comes in a hard pink case and I'm very happy with it. For a little over $10, it was a much better buy.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

best nail file on the market. at $8, this is a steal - more expensive files just don't do the job as smoothly as this does. plus, it's glass - a much nice aesthetic than emery! if youre careful with it, this will last years

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have been through several of these because I've dropped and broken them but I am more than happy to repurchase it every time because it is a great glass nail file. I don't think I can ever go back to emery boards or regular files. Leaves edges really smooth, no roughness at all! I've seen other glass files go for $20+ in department stores so $10 is a good price for this.

Best nail file ever. I hate everything about filing my nails -- the sound, the dust, the weird feeling, the difficulty getting the shape just right, etc -- but this file gets the job done faster and smoother than all the others I've tried (including the much more expensive Diamancel). This file is easy to control and I've never had to replace it. I tried a Revlon knock-off of this and it sucked -- it was way too gritty and snagged my nails. But I've never had any snags with this Sephora version. It's strong enough to quickly file long nails way down if you want to, and gentle enough to just do small shape touch-ups.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was searching for the best nail file and this one had the best reviews. I decided to "splurge" the $8 on a nail file, never again am I looking back. It makes my nails so smooth, no weird ridges that you get from emery boards. You just wash it off and stick back in it's case after every use, good as new for the next time. Really $8 isn't bad when you think of all the emery boards you purchase. I know there's a lot of complaints of them breaking, I haven't had that problem. You just have to take care of it.. after all, it's glass.

Top Rated Nail Tools