July 30, 2014 | 2024 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Abbott's Perk Me Up Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 4:19:00 AM More reviews by hyeminnie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have absolutely horrible under-eye circles. They're a deep purple color, and extend down, up around my tear duct, and under my eye, but this concealer has worked wonders. I just dab it around my eye, blend, and the ugly color is practically gone. I absolutely love this, and will stock up on more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

A really fantastic concealer - it is the best thing to work for my under-eye circles !! Less is really best here though... just a little touch under the eyes conceals the dark shadows perfectly, and you can't tell that I'm wearing concealer !! Yay !! The shade is a nice light peach that balances out the colour under my eyes and also on spots very easily. I don't find it has much of a lasting power, though, which is why I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Jessibean

I must say, when I first got this I packed it on my undereye circles and it was a cakey, orange mess. But after I realized that I should mix with with a lighter colour and use it sparingly, it actually like erases my undereye circles better than any stick concealer I've ever used. I do suggest that If you are fair skinned like me, get an ivory or another light sample base and mix it with this - it will lighten it up and still keep the peachy undertone that works so well for undereye circles.

will definitely get more once I run out, but the sample I got is quite large and I don't know when that will be!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by strickers

I bounce between this and the lavender concealor for my undereye circles.

This is good if you're a little less pale. Careful not to use too much though, as it can look powdery. I like mixing mine with my day lotion. Beautiful finish, brightens everything up. :)

Will repurchase, when/if I ever run out.. thank you EDM and your generous sample sizes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by chandarae

I got this in a sample size and it really does counteract the darkness under my eyes. If you find that you are too pale for this peachy mix, I would recommend mixing with sunlight concealer to lighten it. I mix it with sunlight concealer and pearl beige concealer to really brighten under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by amy813

I ordered this trying to find a replacement for their discontinued intensive light. I read in a magazine that peach is supposed to disguise dark circles. It did not work well on me, it just looked fake. I wish they would bring the intensive light back cause the yellow in that works wonders on my dark circles. The search is on for another mineral concealer...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:54:00 AM More reviews by bebi102

Fantastic for dark under-eye circles. However, I wouldn't recommend this concealer for anybody with a really fair skin tone. I am light to medium ( my EDM shade is Golden Medium in the Olive family ), and this concealer works PERFECTLY in covering my dark circles. I took a lippy off because it's staying power isn't the best which is expected as it is just a mineral powder. When I use this concealer, people have mentioned how much more awake I look. When I'm going for a heavier coverage, I use this to set my cream concealer ( Sonia Kashuk's Hidden Agenda Palette ). Overall, I do love Abbott's Perk Me Up and I will most likely order a full size when I run out of my sample size, if not, then another a sample size for sure.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by philosophin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When I first put this on I was thrilled with the results. It's good for people whose undereye circles are blue and purple, since it's a mix of the sunlight and peach concealers. The problem is that the color is pretty intense and a huge contrast with my much lighter foundation. I'd recommend giving this a shot if you have blue and purple dark circles, but you may have to play around with it a bit. I'd like to try adding some of my foundation to lighten it up, but for now I'm just using my foundation as my undereye concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is my current favourite concealer, I am currently NC 30 (winter), it is good for light to lt. medium to medium skin tone. If you are too fair, this may show up being too peachy. I used the EM eye-kabuki brush to apply, swoosh, its done. I don't even have to be careful & meticulous about the application.At times I use the EM peach concealer first & use Abbott to slightly take away that matte look, it also work on my melasma as well. I always moisture first, if time allows I will over-do on the eye cream, let soak in & blot off excess before application. It does not look dried or crinkly crepey, excellent product & the price can't be beat. Re-purchase, you bet.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2009 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Crystalpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Grey, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Seeing as there were so many raves of this concealer on EDM's forum I decided to give it a shot and purchase it in a sample size. The first time I used this, it looked absolutely horrendous on me. I had two bright shadows under my eyes which looked very weird. I had thought I applied too much, though the next time I tried again, it was the same!
This may be too light for my skin tone, but I believe it would be ideal for people with fair skin tones.