Everyday Minerals Abbott's Perk Me Up Concealer

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

A really fantastic concealer - it is the best thing to work for my under-eye circles !! Less is really best here though... just a little touch under the eyes conceals the dark shadows perfectly, and you can't tell that I'm wearing concealer !! Yay !! The shade is a nice light peach that balances out the colour under my eyes and also on spots very easily. I don't find it has much of a lasting power, though, which is why I would not repurchase.

on 5/15/2009 10:18:00 AM

I must say, when I first got this I packed it on my undereye circles and it was a cakey, orange mess. But after I realized that I should mix with with a lighter colour and use it sparingly, it actually like erases my undereye circles better than any stick concealer I've ever used. I do suggest that If you are fair skinned like me, get an ivory or another light sample base and mix it with this - it will lighten it up and still keep the peachy undertone that works so well for undereye circles.

will definitely get more once I run out, but the sample I got is quite large and I don't know when that will be!

on 5/8/2009 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bounce between this and the lavender concealor for my undereye circles.

This is good if you're a little less pale. Careful not to use too much though, as it can look powdery. I like mixing mine with my day lotion. Beautiful finish, brightens everything up. :)

Will repurchase, when/if I ever run out.. thank you EDM and your generous sample sizes.

on 5/8/2009 3:56:00 PM

I got this in a sample size and it really does counteract the darkness under my eyes. If you find that you are too pale for this peachy mix, I would recommend mixing with sunlight concealer to lighten it. I mix it with sunlight concealer and pearl beige concealer to really brighten under my eyes.

on 4/27/2009 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this trying to find a replacement for their discontinued intensive light. I read in a magazine that peach is supposed to disguise dark circles. It did not work well on me, it just looked fake. I wish they would bring the intensive light back cause the yellow in that works wonders on my dark circles. The search is on for another mineral concealer...

on 4/24/2009 6:54:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Fantastic for dark under-eye circles. However, I wouldn't recommend this concealer for anybody with a really fair skin tone. I am light to medium ( my EDM shade is Golden Medium in the Olive family ), and this concealer works PERFECTLY in covering my dark circles. I took a lippy off because it's staying power isn't the best which is expected as it is just a mineral powder. When I use this concealer, people have mentioned how much more awake I look. When I'm going for a heavier coverage, I use this to set my cream concealer ( Sonia Kashuk's Hidden Agenda Palette ). Overall, I do love Abbott's Perk Me Up and I will most likely order a full size when I run out of my sample size, if not, then another a sample size for sure.

on 3/22/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

When I first put this on I was thrilled with the results. It's good for people whose undereye circles are blue and purple, since it's a mix of the sunlight and peach concealers. The problem is that the color is pretty intense and a huge contrast with my much lighter foundation. I'd recommend giving this a shot if you have blue and purple dark circles, but you may have to play around with it a bit. I'd like to try adding some of my foundation to lighten it up, but for now I'm just using my foundation as my undereye concealer.

on 3/8/2009 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my current favourite concealer, I am currently NC 30 (winter), it is good for light to lt. medium to medium skin tone. If you are too fair, this may show up being too peachy. I used the EM eye-kabuki brush to apply, swoosh, its done. I don't even have to be careful & meticulous about the application.At times I use the EM peach concealer first & use Abbott to slightly take away that matte look, it also work on my melasma as well. I always moisture first, if time allows I will over-do on the eye cream, let soak in & blot off excess before application. It does not look dried or crinkly crepey, excellent product & the price can't be beat. Re-purchase, you bet.

on 2/6/2009 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know about anyone else but this is my favorite EDM product. It is perfect for concealor on me as well as a base to diffuse the colors that are too green on me. I thought the Olive shades were right but ended up being too green; Abbot's Perk Me Up balances it out. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 1/30/2009 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I like this product. My undereyes aren't REALLY dark, but they're dark enough for me to want to get rid of. I use this concealer with another liquid concealer from Mary Kay, and it looks better. The Mary Kay was too yellow and too obvious. But with this EM concealer, it was just perfect. I wouldn't use EM concealers by themselves though. They're too drying and so they show any wrinkles you may have, WHICH I think everyone has some sort of amount of wrinkles, whether it's a lot or a little, we don't really like showing them off. Anywho. This is a good concealer because it not only neutralizes the darkness but it has light-reflecting particles. Very Very tiny, they're not shimmery at all... It just brings light to your eyes.. I'll probably repurchase it when I'm done. I mean it's the only one I use along with my Mary Kay one.

UPDATE: I now hate powder concealers, You have to work real hard for them not to look cakey. It's the undereye, so if you put a little, it doesnt help the darkness, if you put more, it still doesnt help, if you put a lot, it looks cakey.
If you put a concealer under it and then the powder concealer, it's still looks cakey for me!
ahh* it was working until I really looked in the mirror and saw the disaster I was looking at.
Undereyes are delicate and for the most part dry. Don't dry them up even more with powder. Unless u have oil undereyes =/.
Hope this helps.
OH MY GOSH, AND WHEN YOU CRY WITH THIS ON. Instead of the usual mascara black tears running down your face, it's a beige whitish tear running down ur face. Not nice. When I dried it, it left a path of white-ish down my face.
hate it.