October 21, 2014 | 2121 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 1 Green

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This didn't neutralize much red at all, to my disappointment. My pores and fine lines seemed the same too. Maybe I applied it wrong? At least it felt smooth and light...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by BeccaBarrxo

I have purchased this product expecting results. I did not achieve them. I was told by a Sephora consultant that this product would help cover redness. It doesn't do what its advertised as. I found it very thin and fragrancy. It made my face extremely pale and made my make-up cake. I'm completely disappointed in this. for the price I paid I wasn't expecting some coverage but in return just wasted my money. I do not recommend this product at all! I'm still slightly annoyed I now have to spend more money on a product that actually works. Read the reviews people before you buy makeup, it could save you time and money in the long run.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:01:00 AM More reviews by blu3

As a primer, this works really well. I wore it under my makeup today and after hours in a hot kitchen, by a stove and just running around on a crazy day (christmas with family) my makeup stayed in place. As far a color correcting...I really can't say that it helped any with my redness. I am always red right around my nose and mouth and honestly, I didn't see any difference. Not even a slight diminish/fade in redness. So for that aspect it didn't do what it's suppose to. Maybe I need to wait a bit to let it settle before seeing any difference? I was in a bit of rush putting myself together this morning. I'll try it again and will change the rating if that is the case. For me, this primer is okay. If it did help with my redness I'd move it to the top, otherwise I much prefer my Hourglass veil primer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Ifly2u

I've tried different primers and found this one to be nearly the best for a color corrector.
Positives: smooth application, filled in pores, covered redness, made my face look bright and fresh with little touch up throughout the day, looked great under my bare minerals foundation.
Negatives: made my face break out
Outcome: Still searching for a primer like this one, that won't cause breakouts on my sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by absinthe27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was so-so. It was better than nothing under foundation, but I prefer a primer that glides on smoothly like Bare Escentuals or Sephora brand. Also, I was hoping the green tint would tone down my acne scars under foundation, but I didn't really notice a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 2:36:00 AM More reviews by infinity35

Applies smoothly, covers my redness (pale sensitive skin, with redness on nose and cheeks) but don't layer too much or can rub off altogether. Surprised to see it doesn't cover redness for others, but it works for me! Not an all over primer though.
Sometimes if i concentrate too much on one area of mu face, the green seeps thru the foundation, so apply thinly and sparingly for good effect! The bottle lasts long- dropped it two times, and had to screw the pump back on but its fine now. Been using it for almost 2.5 years now and still have half a bottle left! When it runs out gonna try the Blue primer, heard it's great for pale skin as well :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Somaly

This product is highly price and didn't work for me at all! I did notice that it kept my makeup on longer but did not serve its actual purpose, which was to correct the redness on my face. I will not be purchasing this product again and I highly suggest getting a sample to try out, before making a purchase you might regret.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by starvingsalmonsashimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shocked with such low reviews others are giving this product. Seriously? For me, this is just divine. I now can't imagine being without it. Prior to purchasing, I was primer-less for over a month and let me tell you, it was uncomfortable. I've tried Smashbox, MAC and Benefit and found myself repurchasing twice Benefit's That Gal -if only for the fresh smell and that my face felt light and refreshed with it. I was about to try Stila's One Step Correct Primer (that colorful twirl cheatingly lured me in) but after trying from its tester, I'm glad I didn't purchase it. Headed to Make Up For Ever and got its primer in Green shade. While my fiance drives, I tried this one and whoa, was I amazed. And was he amazed too! He loved my face to death and kissed me like he didn't care what was on the road! It DID lessen my minor redness (redness comes from being exposed under the sun, not much acne), the smell was heavenly, and my face felt instantly smooth after (imagine a week after a diamond peel kind of smooth). I love it. No breakouts after, in fact, maybe I've been sleeping longer this past weeks or it's this product --but my face just got smoother. I love it. I just love it. For those who didn't feel their redness lessen, well, maybe your acne is just too much and it's time to consult a Dermatologist. Don't expect this to cover your zit nest.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

This product is just "ok". For the price, I expected a lot more out of my primer. It did feel smooth and applied nicely and did not break me out. For reference I have combination/oily skin and is also very sensitive. I also have redness on my skin that I like to cover, which is why I tried the green primer. This did absolutely nothing to cover up the redness in my skin, not even a little bit. Maybe if you have very mild redness this might work. I didn't notice my makeup lasting any longer, nor was my skin any less oily. I used this primer in conjunction with a few different foundations to see if there was a difference and there was none. I would not repurchase - just didn't work for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by hanryou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

For its price, I felt this didn't really fulfill what it was meant to do, at least half of it - It does help in increasing the staying power of my foundation/concealer, but despite its green-ness, it completely fails to cover up my red spots.

I bought this primarily to cover my red spots since my cheeks are pretty sensitive and red most of the time. Unfortunately, the texture of the primer was too thin and slightly runny to be able to have any decent coverage at all. Maybe it helped in reducing the overall red FEEL of my face, but I felt it did nothing but help my make-up stay.

I also avoided applying this on my oily T-zone as I felt that it made them even oilier as the day progresses. I don't know, maybe it's just my skin.

Despite that, I'd like to still give it credit for helping my make-up stay longer throughout the day. Though I don't think I'll be purchasing this again because it's too expensive for what it's worth!