July 28, 2014 | 1047 users online

Other - Spearmint Tea

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by MsDime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent on my hormonal acne! I was getting at least 3 extremely sore cysts filled with pus every single day. They would be underneath the skin and feel like the center of a bruise. I drink 2 bags in the morn 1-2 at night and viola! No more acne!!!!

Now does anyone have any sucess with it stopping androgen related hair loss? It still hadn't slowed my hair thinning down. Sigh. Taking it 1 month and 1 week so far.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by tigerh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been trying this at different times in different amounts for about 6 months and what really works for me is 2 cups a day every day all through the cycle. It doesn't affect my cycle (unlike drinking it day 1-14) and it really cuts down the hormonal acne. I still get some darkening of old scars as I would normally in PMS time, but that's easily covered by makeup.

Just get into the habit of having a cup first thing in the morning and one in the evening - it's no hassle at all and it works for me!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Momtobal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This really works. I have hormonal oily skin with whiteheads that pop up over night on the sides of my nose and chin even with being diligent with benzoyl peroxide and BHA's. I hate it! The only thing that ever worked for me was going on birth control pills and to me, it was not a strong enough reason to stay on them. I've been drinking spearmint tea(bigelow) for over a week now..no more whiteheads and much less oil. It's amazing. This stuff really works and to boot, you get nice breath from it :). I've been drinking 3 cups a day..will need to stock up on this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by genahy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, after all the comments about how spearmint tea is a savior for hormonal acne, I figured what the hell, why not give it a try. I was somewhat scared to try because of all the horror stories that it ruined menstrual cycles and made acne worse in some occasions. But I began with limited use, using twice a day, for 5 days in days 1-5 of my menstrual cycle. Then I increased to 10 days, days 1-10 of my menstrual cycle. I think by the end I was using this 2 weeks out of the month. It didn't work, and I think it might have made my migraines worse. It's possible you need to use it daily for it to have a full effect, and 3-4 times a day at that, but I'm just not willing to risk messing up my cycle, and I doubt it would help my acne anyway. It's also very expensive to buy spearmint tea in my area, as it's not so common.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by bunnybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hoping that this would help the hormonal cysts that crept up on me after I got off of BCP. I started with the 2 cups/day, but I had to stop after a couple of days because I was getting terrible headaches, and just felt run-down in general. I felt like I had flu-like symptoms! Feeling horrible all the time was not worth getting rid of a few blemishes. If you do a board search on the MUA Skincare Board, you'll find that many other users had the same misfortune of the tea causing headaches. Some even compared their headaches to migranes.

I then tried Vitex supplements instead, with 100% better results. One simple supplement taken per day, no side effects (IME), and no cysts.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by i9jadei9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This tea is truly amazing!! I read about it here on the skincare board and figured anything is worth a try!! I've been drinking it every single day a little over a month and while I can't say if there's an improvement in my skin as of yet there is a huge difference in my periods! They're usually very painful with lots of cramping. That has since gone down by at least 90%!! That alone is enough of a reason to keep it up! I'll definitely update in a few more months time to let you know if I see an improvement in my skin as well!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by rosieposie1234

I have also been drinking spearmint tea twice a day for over 3 months. My skin which usually has acne breakouts every month is clear. My period was two weeks late the first month I tried it, one time the second month, now I am late again this month. Anyone else with late periods. It is helping my skin so I don't want to stop. Maybe it is trying to balance my hormones. Anyway very happy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 2:17:00 AM More reviews by Sarah613

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I think this is working! hallelujah! I have been drinking 2-4 strong cups a day for about 2 weeks. I got through that time of the month with just one minor zit, and that when I started drinking it. Since then my skin has been clear. This is amazing since for the past 6 months nothing has been working for me, its like I got used to my skin care. I don't want to jinx it, and I may be reviewing it a bit too soon, but I will update after this month is through. BTW I like the taste of it, I drink the Yogi Green tea with mint (2nd ingredient is Spearmint) and I also drink the Natural Medicinals Organic Spearmint. So one for the morning, and then the decaf version at night :) Also great iced, very refreshing since it;s summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I drank a cup of this tea every now and then when I first found out about its anti-androgenic properties online...But when summer started, I decided to go all out and try it to a full extent. Every day this past month, I drank two cups of organic spearmint tea. This was done for a full 4 weeks. It did help my acne a bit, but I completely stopped drinking the tea one week ago...Why, you ask?? My period is two weeks late and I'm pretty sure this is the cause...Since stopping the tea, my skin hasn't been as manageable as it was before, ESPECIALLY since my period is late. I really wish I never randomly decided to take this tea the way I did because of how it's affecting my cycle. I went back and did some more online research and apparently, you're only supposed to drink this tea during the follicular phase of your cycle (the first half of your cycle) so that you get the skin benefits and yet you don't affect your period....Ugh, I wish I had known that sooner...

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by ilovebacon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is working!!!! This month has been the busiest and most stressful probably of my whole life. I had my TOTM last week and made it through without any major breakouts. I can't remember the last time this happened, maybe over ten years ago. I've been drinking two cups of bigelow mint medley a day. I also love the way it tastes and that the peppermint helps with digestion.