July 29, 2014 | 1966 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Pearlglide Liner in Fly-By-Blu

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh I wish I had a wishing well so I could wish that the Pearlglides would become permanent! And actually have my wish come true! They would almost become my only eyeliners if they were permanent. As it is I looooooooove this colour, I'm really amazed at it, the most gorgeous blue eyeliner I've ever seen. Blue eyeliners tend to be hit or miss with me as I have brown eyes so blue eyeliners tend to clash with my eyes unless they are the right shade of blue. I can't wear very pale blues or very electric blues, I can wear dark blues but they get boring. And I can't wear teal either, they have too many yellow undertones. But this blue is ab-so-lute-ly PERRRRRFECT! Just the right darkness, not midnight dark or cobalt dark, no teal or garish yellow undertones, just a perfect sparkly blue! And like all Pearlglides this glides on smooth as anything but lasts longer than any other eyeliner. Rave rave rave!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by jenisse7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner, too bad it's limited edition. The colour is amazing and in certain lights it sparkles so nicely, it goes on creamy and smooth. It looks great alone too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 8:16:00 AM More reviews by oddinary

Pretty! I've tried many of MAC eyeliners and by far, the Pearlglides are the best formula ever produced. Perhaps I should mention that I haven't bought anything from MAC for months, but once I heard these babies were re-released, I hit up my closest MAC counter asap. That's how much I love these. ;)

As the name goes, the liners are soft and "glide" right on. In this aspect, it's quite similar to UD's 24/7 liners but I don't feel like MAC is pigmented enough... I have to swipe a few times to get a nice solid colour, which is a bummer. =( Anyway, Fly-By-Blu is a marine blue with really nice cyan (?) micro-glitter running through it. Don't worry about it being too flashy, because it isn't - the glitter is small enough to give the liner some depth instead of overdoing it. Nonetheless, I feel like the first release of the Pearlglides were much nicer - pigmented, rich colour, smoother, etc. I don't dislike this new formula, but it could be better.

Definitely a keeper! If you haven't already bought the others, I highly recommend them. Just a tad disappointed MAC didn't re-release my favourite colour (Wolf)!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Krisababy

Adore this colour, its a lovely dark blue with glitter. Great for a pop of colour with a neutral eye or adding more depth to dark colours. Only problem I have is the glitter irritates my eyes a little if applied on the waterline, so I have to be careful to apply this only along my lashline. Still love the product though, but have to deduct one point for that fact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 3:48:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this eyeliner is the perfect blu. I loveee it <3

the "love that look" is the first collec. that I got to try the pearlglide liners....there amayzing! love them.

I picked up the fly by blu because it was the most unique & pretty blue I ever seen and I was doing an exchange anyways and this blue beauty was calling my name :)

I wore this with cocomotion pigment for the first time with some ardell "lacies" false lashes, and I loved it & got so many compliments. the color is a true navy blue with aqua/baby blue sparkle. but you could almost call it shimmer because its not overdone. and the best part about it? ..its waterproof and won't budge all day long! I even slept in it..oops. and the next day it was exactly like I had just applied it. perfect.

well needless to say, im in love. and I checked my cco and they have black russian & molasses. im getting those babies asap!

-black russian is a black with blue sparkless. gorgeous black on days u want a little jazz.

-molasses is a beautiful dark brown with gold sparkles. so unique.

im in love with these pearlglide liners and I suggest them to everyone who wants a beautiful liner that won't budge on your eyes and have sexy sparkle. A+ from MAC once again xox

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by TipTaupeThroughTheTulips

I adore my pearlglides (in rave, black russian, and fly-by-blu). They really do "glide" on so smoothly and last all day. These deep, intense colors have the prettiest shimmer. I love fly-by-blu for a pop of color on the lower lashline of an otherwise neutral eye. I've been using fly-by-blu and black russian for dramatic, winged eyes on nights out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by eleanorch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a midnight blue with flecks of shiny stuff. It is a soft pencil and goes on smoothly enough. Doesn't break easily when you sharpen and I use just an ordinary pencil sharpener that I use for my eye pencils. It probably would suit more for a night time look for my NC45 skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This is very pretty. I love the sapphire sparkles in it, which is what made me buy this. I drew a line on my hand at the MAC counter and it looked amazing. It looks nice on my eyes, but the amazing sparkles that I saw on my hand are not as pronounced. It is just a navy blue liner with some glimmer if you look really close (but who is going to get that close to my eyes anyway?). I do like that this stuff is water-proof. I always liked UD's 24/7 liners much more than MAC's because the UD ones stay on through everything. I wore this on a hike yesterday and it didn't budge, so that makes me happy! This is a fun liner, but I don't know if I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by mmakate418

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is the pretties color blue eyeliner i've ever had. i wore it out today and everyone at work was complimenting me on my makeup. i like that it's dark but bright so you can wear it in the day and nighttime

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by midnightlouise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Although I purchased this with Suite Array last fall, I am finally getting around to reviewing it since it's being repromoted. This is not something I ordinarily would have purchased, but I am very glad I did. The pearlglide name is very apt. It really does seem to glide onto my eyes. No pulling or tugging and easy on the waterline. The staying power is nothing to complain about, and the color....amazing. It's a very dark, metallic-y true royal blue that looks amazing on hazel eyes. This is the only blue eyeliner for me!