E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/8/2014 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great affordable alternative to Benefit's High Beam. I like to use this on the top of my cheekbones for a luminous glow. The little squeeze tube is nothing fancy but I like how the slim tip dispenses only a tiny bit of highlighter as you only need the tiniest amount. Blend quickly because it dries fast and stays put. I think its good quality and you can't beat the $1 pricetag.

on 2/5/2014 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I wish the tubes were bigger so I could get more product but I can't complain since they are $1 and you don't need product to highlight. I use it as an eyeshadow sometimes and it's gorgeous; I got many compliments. As a highlighter it is very good as well.

on 1/12/2014 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my first highlighter and therefore I cannot compare to other products. However, I am no beginner with make up and know a good product when I have it. This product is awesome. My biggest concern was if I would break out and I'm happy to report that I have owned this for over a year and not a single zit. I only apply on the bridge of my nose and above my cheekbones. I have large pores in my cheek area and while this product is irredescant it somehow doesnt seem to call attention to my pores. I love to apply this product to my skin after a night of partying because it quickly provides that glow. It doesnt last from morning to night but I work out at lunch and even my expensive foundation requires a touch up. I can say that this product has survived hours of me dancing and I live in southern Lousiana which is hot and steamy. For the minimal price of this product, everybody should try it. If my acne prone skin can handle it, I'm sure yours will as well.

I should mention out of curiosity that I used Mary Lou Manizer highlight powder for $20.00 and I still prefer my cheap @ss elf.

on 12/12/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I seemed to have gotten a good batch of this. It's extremely creamy and glides over the skin smoothly. It leaves a beautiful glow, and is my second favorite highlighter! It's only one dollar, so it wont hurt to try it. Plus, I won't feel bad having to buy multiple ones incase I get a watery one. I will always have one in my collection.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this product. I found these at Dollar Tree. It looks pretty on the outer orbital part of my eyes and cheekbones.

on 9/16/2013 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

First off, don't be scared by the name, there's nothing lilac about this highlighter at all. It's a cool, pale pink.

I've fallen in love with glowy illuminating products lately. Mind you, I'm in my mid-30s, so I can't be having an entire shimmery face thing going on, but I love how a well-targeted illuminator on my cheekbones can make my face go from "powdered and flat" to "gorgeous skin". Anyway, this was one of the first I tried and it's still my favorite, especially at the price.

I don't quite understand the reviews describing it as gummy/tacky/sticky. I find it to be a highly concentrated cream-type product (rather than a sheer lotion) and a little goes a very long way. I squeeze out a dot maybe the size of two pinheads and QUICKLY smoosh it between my two ring fingers, then apply it along my cheekbones with the same sort of quick tapping movement I use for concealer. It blends fine, maybe trying to rub it in or blend it with a brush is the issue? Not everything needs a fancy brush! It really should be done quickly because it sets up fast and after that it doesn't budge (which is another reason I like it). I also tap a tiny bit on my browbone. I get a diffused glow that isn't streaky. Honestly, I find Benefit's Watts Up to be harder to blend.

I'm pale and use this highlighter mostly during the winter and spring for a neutral to ethereal glow. In the summer and early fall I switch to Watts Up for more of a golden tone when I want that "golden goddess" look. The only thing I could really remove points for was the packaging, which is cheap and not luxurious, but what are you going to do? ELF has never been a luxury brand, and if it were in a nice pump tube I'd have to pay more for it. This is a great highlighter at a great price.

on 9/9/2013 11:39:00 PM

Nice for the price. Gives skin a glow.

on 8/18/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is good but the packaging is crap! The little nozzle tip broke off and a lot of the product spilled all over my drawer! I will not repurchase unless the packaging is changed!!

on 8/13/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this little thing! It can be hard to work with but when used as a highlighter or an mixed into foundation, primer, or body lotion it leaves a totally believable beautiful shimmer. It also sometimes use it as an eyelid primer and spot highlighter.

To use it as a highlighter I recommend squeezing a tiny amount on the back of your hand and tapping it with a finger onto your cheekbones, it really leaves a super pretty shimmer all over and is pretty subtle. For spot highlighter I like to use my pinky finger and use whatevers left on the back of my hand.

on 7/24/2013 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

For $1 this is a pretty good product. I have very dry skin in the Winter and I use this to not only highlight, but to also bring back some dewiness to my skin. It's called Shimmering Facial Whip but I don't get a shimmery finish, it comes off more glowy which I really like.

Pros:
- It's only $1!
- A little goes a long way.
- Gives a subtle glowy finish.

Cons:
- Doesn't last very long on the skin.

Tips: I know some people have a problem with the product separating in the bottle. I've found if you massage the bottle and shake it well before using there's no problem. :)