January 30, 2015 | 1842 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Lowecj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first highlighter and therefore I cannot compare to other products. However, I am no beginner with make up and know a good product when I have it. This product is awesome. My biggest concern was if I would break out and I'm happy to report that I have owned this for over a year and not a single zit. I only apply on the bridge of my nose and above my cheekbones. I have large pores in my cheek area and while this product is irredescant it somehow doesnt seem to call attention to my pores. I love to apply this product to my skin after a night of partying because it quickly provides that glow. It doesnt last from morning to night but I work out at lunch and even my expensive foundation requires a touch up. I can say that this product has survived hours of me dancing and I live in southern Lousiana which is hot and steamy. For the minimal price of this product, everybody should try it. If my acne prone skin can handle it, I'm sure yours will as well.

I should mention out of curiosity that I used Mary Lou Manizer highlight powder for $20.00 and I still prefer my cheap @ss elf.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I seemed to have gotten a good batch of this. It's extremely creamy and glides over the skin smoothly. It leaves a beautiful glow, and is my second favorite highlighter! It's only one dollar, so it wont hurt to try it. Plus, I won't feel bad having to buy multiple ones incase I get a watery one. I will always have one in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I found these at Dollar Tree. It looks pretty on the outer orbital part of my eyes and cheekbones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

First off, don't be scared by the name, there's nothing lilac about this highlighter at all. It's a cool, pale pink.

I've fallen in love with glowy illuminating products lately. Mind you, I'm in my mid-30s, so I can't be having an entire shimmery face thing going on, but I love how a well-targeted illuminator on my cheekbones can make my face go from "powdered and flat" to "gorgeous skin". Anyway, this was one of the first I tried and it's still my favorite, especially at the price.

I don't quite understand the reviews describing it as gummy/tacky/sticky. I find it to be a highly concentrated cream-type product (rather than a sheer lotion) and a little goes a very long way. I squeeze out a dot maybe the size of two pinheads and QUICKLY smoosh it between my two ring fingers, then apply it along my cheekbones with the same sort of quick tapping movement I use for concealer. It blends fine, maybe trying to rub it in or blend it with a brush is the issue? Not everything needs a fancy brush! It really should be done quickly because it sets up fast and after that it doesn't budge (which is another reason I like it). I also tap a tiny bit on my browbone. I get a diffused glow that isn't streaky. Honestly, I find Benefit's Watts Up to be harder to blend.

I'm pale and use this highlighter mostly during the winter and spring for a neutral to ethereal glow. In the summer and early fall I switch to Watts Up for more of a golden tone when I want that "golden goddess" look. The only thing I could really remove points for was the packaging, which is cheap and not luxurious, but what are you going to do? ELF has never been a luxury brand, and if it were in a nice pump tube I'd have to pay more for it. This is a great highlighter at a great price.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Kkrstdew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice for the price. Gives skin a glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is good but the packaging is crap! The little nozzle tip broke off and a lot of the product spilled all over my drawer! I will not repurchase unless the packaging is changed!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Aydell93

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this little thing! It can be hard to work with but when used as a highlighter or an mixed into foundation, primer, or body lotion it leaves a totally believable beautiful shimmer. It also sometimes use it as an eyelid primer and spot highlighter.

To use it as a highlighter I recommend squeezing a tiny amount on the back of your hand and tapping it with a finger onto your cheekbones, it really leaves a super pretty shimmer all over and is pretty subtle. For spot highlighter I like to use my pinky finger and use whatevers left on the back of my hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For $1 this is a pretty good product. I have very dry skin in the Winter and I use this to not only highlight, but to also bring back some dewiness to my skin. It's called Shimmering Facial Whip but I don't get a shimmery finish, it comes off more glowy which I really like.

Pros:
- It's only $1!
- A little goes a long way.
- Gives a subtle glowy finish.

Cons:
- Doesn't last very long on the skin.

Tips: I know some people have a problem with the product separating in the bottle. I've found if you massage the bottle and shake it well before using there's no problem. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by fychen

Love this product! I use it to highlight the bridge of my nose, cupid's bow, under my brows, and above my cheeks to side of my eyes. You don't need to use a lot of this product. And it makes a big difference- kinda get that glowing and healthy look! And it is only 1 buck! It does a light scent to it, FYI, which I don't mind at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by LaB3llaxox

Amazing product and for $1 its Perfect. It is shimmery, so use a lil amount and you are fine... I love it! ;)