April 21, 2014 | 953 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Aydell93

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this little thing! It can be hard to work with but when used as a highlighter or an mixed into foundation, primer, or body lotion it leaves a totally believable beautiful shimmer. It also sometimes use it as an eyelid primer and spot highlighter.

To use it as a highlighter I recommend squeezing a tiny amount on the back of your hand and tapping it with a finger onto your cheekbones, it really leaves a super pretty shimmer all over and is pretty subtle. For spot highlighter I like to use my pinky finger and use whatevers left on the back of my hand.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For $1 this is a pretty good product. I have very dry skin in the Winter and I use this to not only highlight, but to also bring back some dewiness to my skin. It's called Shimmering Facial Whip but I don't get a shimmery finish, it comes off more glowy which I really like.

Pros:
- It's only $1!
- A little goes a long way.
- Gives a subtle glowy finish.

Cons:
- Doesn't last very long on the skin.

Tips: I know some people have a problem with the product separating in the bottle. I've found if you massage the bottle and shake it well before using there's no problem. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by fychen

Love this product! I use it to highlight the bridge of my nose, cupid's bow, under my brows, and above my cheeks to side of my eyes. You don't need to use a lot of this product. And it makes a big difference- kinda get that glowing and healthy look! And it is only 1 buck! It does a light scent to it, FYI, which I don't mind at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by LaB3llaxox

Amazing product and for $1 its Perfect. It is shimmery, so use a lil amount and you are fine... I love it! ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For a buck? I couldn't pass this one up. I already use Clinique's liquid Illuminator that cost 25 times as much. I've tested High Beam and Josie Maran's Illuminizer (more bronze) and looked like a fairy waiting to sprout wings. So when I saw this, I figured I'd give it a try. I'm very pleasantly surprised.
It is thick and not easily blendable, but that's ok. I just mixed it with some moisturizer around my browbone, my cheekbones, the pout of my lips, down my nose, across my nose and voila!...instant glow. For me, it just worked more as a light bronzer because of how pale I am. So you can use that as a reference point. No shimmer with glitter either, a nice glow that I can wear day or night that looks healthy. I can put a tad on my lower lip too to highlight it.
The color says Lilac Petal, but for my very pale skin, it seems more peachy glow to me. And it does remind me of JM's bronze Illuminizer. That's just how the color works for me. For my pale, cool skin, the color goes very well. I spread it with my fingers because it is too thick to work with a brush immediately. Mixing it with my moisturizer is just as easy with my fingers rather than using a brush, but if I want to be specific, that works too.
Comes in a little (very tiny) tube that should last quite awhile. Squeeze the tube contents into a tiny screw top container (like a lip gloss pot) and you'll have easier access to the amount you want to use. Once you have a little pot's worth, it becomes creamier and easier to work with. If you think the tube is small, it really isn't, because once you squirt some into a tiny container, you'll see how much is still left in the tube.
Has an orange smell that disappears immediately upon contact-too bad because I enjoy it...lol.
Definitely give it a try. E.L.F. products are always worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Stellaburke

This is literally the best highlighter I've ever tried. I've tried high beam and that barely even showed up on me. This is only $1 and it is a little thick but I personally like that because it stays on throughout the whole day. I've read about some people complaining its too hard to blend but it really isn't. I find that powder highlights don't stay on me but this gel does. It's tiny but hey it's only $1 and a little goes a long way. And I saw someone's review say that it looked terrible on the lips because it was too frosty and thick... Okay obviously it looks terrible on the lips it's a highlighter for Pete's sake

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is really, really shimmery. I swatched it on my hand next to the color stick in "persimmon" (which is pretty shimmery itself) and this is 100% shimmer. It didn't blend very well and had a strong scent. Into the trash bin it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love highlighters and I find myself using this one the most (out of four that I own). First off, it's only a $1!!! Second, although the package is small, a little goes a long way, so it last at least six months. It's pretty thick too (in a good way), so it last all day, excellent staying power.. When I first put it on I always worry that I applied too much, but throughout the day it gives me a beautiful healthy glow that I love. I find powder highlighters don't last as long as this, and for a $1, I couldn't ask for more. I'd love to try other colors b/c this one has been so fantastic. Buy it! I apply it along the upper corners of my cheeks (right near where I apply my blush, down my nose and cupid's bow, and my brow bone. If you try this product for the first time, go easy b/c again, a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Rlarkin

Love this for my cheeks. Easy to apply (I use my ring finger but just bought a beauty blender so I'll try that too), gives a nice dewy look and stays put. I wouldn't buy a pricey highlighter one when I can get this for $1.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by foxlooseinnyc

I love this product!! For a dollar, whoa it's amazing. I use it with my beauty blender (love that too), and tap on my cheek bones for a nice highlighter. I used to have a very popular highlighter that cost around $20, I'm sure you all know which one (**cough "high beam"), and it still performs the same. Now i love packaging, that usually sways me to purchase more products than I really need. But for a dollar? Really? I'm not one to complain, that a plastic tube is not acceptable. Why drive the cost, and waste? So yes give it a try, it's only a dollar.