Revlon Steel-her Heart

3.9

on 6/20/2011 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

LOVE! I was really interested in Chanel's Black Pearl so I was trying to find something similar. I think I found it here!! This is a gorgeous metallic gunmetal gray with a hint of a bluish/green undertone. I applied two coats and I didn't get any streaking at all, but what I did get was a beautiful opacity. I don't own Chanel's Black Pearl so I cannot compare them side by side, but I did look at a youtuber's video who was wearing it and I have to say my nails look virtually identical. Even if this isn't an exact dupe, I think it's stunning and I would definitely repurchase. Looks very regal in my opinion.

on 4/15/2011 3:28:00 PM

This sharp, gunmetal shade is a real stunner. With a slight bluish undertone, it's deep enough not to look like silver tinfoil on my fingertips. Because it's a metallic, you'll see streak marks, inevitably; but the shade is so deep and pretty the streak factor is easy to overlook.

Someone had mentioned this was a dupe for Chanel's Black Pearl, and at first, I disagreed wholeheartedly. However, I see where she's coming from: both shades have the same bluish base. Black Pearl flashes green under certain light, and Steel her Heart, surprisingly, hints at the same. While the two aren't the same color, per se, they do result in the same look, if that makes sense - a cool, multi-dimensional hue that seems to change color and intensity depending on the level of light. What Steel-her Heart's got going for it though is a better formula, a longer lasting wear, and a much, much better price ($3 CAD versus $28 CAD).

I borrowed this from a friend for a formal event. I'm not much of a nail polish person, but I felt the need to get done up, and this dark polish seemed like a good choice.
The color itself is very nice, both in the bottle and on my nails, a nice dark graphite color. I applied just the polish, since I don't actually own base coats and top coats. Two coats was sufficient to get good color coverage, and on the nails I didn't mess up myself the finish is very nice! More is better for applying this polish; I didn't find it particularly runny, so you don't need to take much product off of the brush before applying.

Unfortunately, without a top coat it does not last at all. Most of my nails have huge chunks missing after less than 24 hours, and they're bits in the middle, too, not just chipping at the edge. Kind of weird.

So: Nice polish, smooth application, pretty color, pretty bottle, definitely use a top coat!!

on 1/8/2011 5:16:00 PM

This is a very pretty graphite color. I agree, the formula is a bit runny but very smooth. Two coats on the nail brings out a subtle blue, to my eye, that I don't necessarily see in the bottle. Nice polish. I actually prefer it as a manicure, rather than a pedicure, which isn't generally the case for me with darker polishes.

One of my favorite polishes I own! Goes great when you're wearing dark colours but it's fine on its own, too. Captures my attention all day long, and makes my fingers feel sleek and beautiful.
I've owned this for a while now and Revlon's nail polishes are never the best when they sit for long periods of time so I'll have to repurchase. But it's worth it to me!

on 12/23/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is gunmetal gray.... if it were any lighter it would be silver and not gunmetal. Gunmetal (as in on an actual gun) has two tones depending on the light. Darker at some points, and lighter at others. I think this is a pretty close dupe for Chanel Black Pearl. It's modern and sexy, but not as harsh as the black nails from the past seasons.

on 11/22/2010 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because I was on the hunt for a gunmetal shade of nail polish. This is not it. That's not to say this isn't a pretty colur because it is; it's just not what I was looking for. Steel-her Heart is more of a pewter shade. The application was smooth and easy and the colour glided on with no problems. I think it's a three-coater polish if you want your nails to look like the colour in the bottle. I didn't experience any streaking issues or brush stroke marks left on my nails. So far, and it's only been one day, wear has been excellent. I used Seche Vite on top and didn't have shrinkage issues. Overall, great polish, however, I will not be buying or wearing it again.

on 11/15/2010 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not usually paint my fingernails - toes only for me. I have had this shade for over a year but everytime I do my toes I am diverted by other shades. Last night I decided to paint my fingernails and chose this one. In full expectation of applying it and then wiping it off agin I applied a ridge filling base coat, 2 thin coats of colour and then a quick dry top coat. Guess what - I have kept it on. I love it. It is a really flattering gunmetal grey with slight shimmer. Applied like a dream and looks like I have just had a professional manicure. (A colleague complimented me on my nails and asked where I had them done - not bad for a finger paint virgin!) I cannot attest to its staying power yet. I have been pounding a keyboard all day and there are no chips....but that is probably the top coat doing its job. If I remember I will come back and add how long it lasted. I have never tried a Revlon polish before but I am impressed. (I have recently bought one of their berry matte polishes for my toes but I have yet to use.) With regard to Steel Her Heart - this seems to have been a limited edition and not part of their core colours. If you are in the UK you can buy it on discount sites for as little as 2.99 (which is about 4 less than their main colours). Recommend.

on 10/25/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this when Rite Aid is doing 40 % off so it basically cost almost nothing! this one is good,as usual so easy to apply on and colour stays for a while if i dont apply top coat on. The only thing that is not so good is that metallic shade doesnt perform so well on me so i ahve to really do it carefully, but still this is a very pretty colour for autumn/winter

on 10/12/2010 5:05:00 PM

such a nice gunmetal silver color! love it.