BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 8/7/2015 8:22:00 AM

Benefit Hoola Bronzer is one of the best bronzers I've ever tried. It's perfect for pale skin it's not too muddy or too orange it's the perfect bronzer shade of your fair skinned. It's also very long lasting. You have to apply the bronzer with a big fluffy brush so an example would be the real techniques powder brush, overall great bronzer.

on 8/6/2015 8:50:00 AM

Hoola is too orangey for my skin type. Although I really wanted to like it, one swipe of powder was enough to make my pale skin look fake. For a more natural tan for pale girls, I would recommend Pixi's Beauty Bronzer in Summertime, which goes on lighter and is more more natural.

I lack the prominent cheekbone gene in my family so I've been wanting a bronzer that will give me high cheekbones but they always look orange on me. Eventually I got sick of crap drugstore bronzers so I bit the bullet and decided to splurge on a $28 (U.S. price) product. This did wonders for my yellow toned skin and people commented on my cheekbones and how slimmer my face looked. This matte bronzer comes with a soft dense brush and a mini mirror. This is a holy grail product for me but unfortunately doesn't cater to dark skinned people since it came in one tan shade so it does nothing. My African American friend uses this as a setting powder after her foundation. I'd definitely repurchase!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been wanting to try this for so long because so many people raved about it and said it was the perfect product for contouring. I never really contour because I could never find a contour colour that worked for my skintone (olive undertones), they all either pulled too orange, too muddy, or too ashy. Benefit Hoola compliments my skintone so well and gives me a natural looking contour. It's kind of expensive at $51 AUD, but I think it's worth it.

on 7/29/2015 12:20:00 PM

This came as part of a blusher set. It's the first bronzer I've ever used, so I can't compare it to anything else. Although this does fit my needs and when i contour my fave everyone says it looks good. I use this on top of my foundation but underneath my powder so it doesn't look too drastic. The brushes benefit supply are okay for a short amount of time, however I do find they start to fall apart after much use, so if you have your own brushes it's probably best to use them. I would recommend!

on 7/28/2015 7:27:00 AM

this is such a gorgeous natural bronzer and contour shade. its perfect for pale skin like myself. if you have medium to tan skin tones it is also perfect as the shade is buildable.
a little goes a long way so always tap the excess off when using it.
the best thing about this product is that the packaging comes with a contour brush which is very effective to use.
it is quite expensive ($52.00 in myer melbourne) but worth the money.
would definitely repurchase :)

on 7/24/2015 6:52:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This broke me out which is a shame because the colour is fabulous - a very neutral bronze shade, perfect for everyday use on pale skins. What I particularly like about the product is that it is a very soft powder that glides onto the skin with ease, however, due to this you do have to watch you don't pick up/apply too much when contouring the skin. All good things said, it was unfortunate that this product broke me out causing red bumps *only* in the areas I had applied the powder. For this reason alone, I stopped using it but another gripe with the product was the packaging. Looks cute and quirky but ultimately, not very cleverly designed. A compact similar to MAC/Estee Lauder powders/bronzers would've been much more effective. I'm not a huge Benefit-fanatic and have never been hugely impressed with their product line. It's fun - but I like something a bit more serious and Hoola is no exception. Just not for me, I'm afraid.

PROS
Fabulous neutral bronze shade suitable for even the palest of skins
Soft powder, easy to apply - great colour pay off!

CONS
Due to the soft formulation, it is very easy to apply to much which is hard to rectify once on the skin!
Terrible packaging - a deep, awkward square shape made of, what seems like, tough cardboard - not ideal for 'on the go'
A little on the expensive side
Broke me out (only in areas I had used the powder to contour - shame :( )

on 7/17/2015 4:14:00 PM

This is the BEST bronzer color-wise I've ever found for my skin. I'm asian with yellow undertones and before I found this product, all of the bronzers I had were too reddish. This is THE perfect natural tan for me.
The formula is matte, very smooth and blendable, and works great with other powders.
The only minor complaint I have would be it's packaging; it's kind of hard to close and you don't get nearly as much product as the packaging allows. Although, I do a really light contour so I've only had to purchase this once so far, and qouldn't mind repurchasing. And a little does a long way, it's easy to accidently use too much.
I HIGHLY recommend this if you have yellow undertones / if you're looking for a golden tan.

on 7/15/2015 8:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Ok bronzer, was a bit too dark for my fair skin I would say

on 7/14/2015 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Humn, ok... guess I am odd (wo)man out on this one. I do not like this bronzer at all.

It took me a while to jump on the Hoola bandwagon - I am not a fan of Benefit products at all (never have been), and it just strikes me as odd to spend upward $30 on a product that comes in cardboard packaging. Anyhow, I was cruising Ulta today for new bronzers for summer and after about the 99,000th time the sales girl asked if she could help me, I finally gave in. She reached for the Benefit product first (which I should have known was a bad sign bc for whatever reason Ulta hocks the sh@t outta this brand). She applies it and I immediately say "I don't see anything"... She adds more and I still really am not wowed but I get swept up in the moment and end up buying it. And now I have buyers remorse.

So...here's the thing... I re-did my makeup and tried this as soon as I got home, right? I used a very good bronzing brush and I did not like the look of this. I found it to be really muddy - I did not look healthy, I looked kinda grey actually. The color is similar to my MAC Sculpt Powder (in Sculpt), which is for contouring. But I didn't buy this to contour, I bought it for bronzing. Also, this stuff makes a heckofalotta fall out, which is a total waste. I also didn't find this to be very blendable as so many others claim it to be. Another thing that I found odd: I think this looks best on pale and fair skinned folks, not medium and darker. I am only an NC30 so I thought it would work, but really it just looked like I had badly placed setting powder on that was the wrong shade.

I am not sure what gives with this bronzer, but it isn't for me. I tried to give it a fair shot but something about this in tone and formula just doesn't work. Taking this back to Ulta pronto.