September 22, 2014 | 1816 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 15 & Antioxidants

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

So I went on a Paula's Choice sample buying spree and I'm slowly making my way through the haul. These are just first impressions, will update my reviews (and my lippies) as time goes on.

Whoever said Paula's Choice didn't have emollient options for dryer skins is WRONG. Holy emollient. This is crazy thick and moisturizing. I wish I had it in January. Now it's April and it's too much for me. Will have to remember to repurchase this winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by BitJustGingerly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am desperate for a good daily face moisturizer for my dry skin that has non-chemical sunscreen in it, and I think I have found it! It does not feel heavy at all, and does not leave my face shiny. I will get a little whiteness if I don't blend it thoroughly, and in areas hard to blend like the eyebrows and hairline. It can be used around the eyes too!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by SkinCareAficionado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

3.85% titanium dioxide and 3% zinc oxide is not enough to even give a bare minimum of protection against UVA rays, certainly not even SPF 15, I have no idea how the product has this rating.

Total waste of time if you are using it as a form of daily sun protection, you'd need about 15-20% of zinc for it to do what it claims.

Paula may have knowledge of most other skin care ingredients but clearly sun protection is one of the major exceptions.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by KP1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

(Me: Combo skin with very oily T-zone. NC 42 skin tone. )

This is a really good product; it has lots of beneficial ingredients and protects your skin from the sun. But in the end, it wasn't right for me.
Pros:
+ Satin Sheen finish but not greasy
+ Soothing for dry skin; very moisturizing
+ Absorbs nicely into skin; no white chalky finish

Cons:
- Not easily bendable
- Makes my skin very oily in a few hours

Overall, I would not repurchase this because it makes my skin look very greasy after a few hours. This product is made specifically for Dry skin. I have oily-combo skin but wanted to try it out anyways.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic moisturiser. It has spf( Mineral sunscreen)which is a godsend for me as I can't tolerate chemical sunscreen around eyes.If you're having problems with stinging or runny eyes with a sunscreen check the ingredients as titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are far gentler around eyes.i.e this product.That aside this is super. It offers broad spectrum sun protection , contains antioxidants and vitamins. It's also alcohol and fragrance free, and contains no artificial colourings or dyesWhy use just a plain moisturiser when you can reap these benefits?.Also packed so ingredients remain stable. I wouldn't dream of buying a product in a jar, no matter what it claimed to do.I don't find this greasy at all. My skin is combination and I find this ideal.Moisturisers with spf are easy to find, but one like this isn't.I've used this for about 4 years now and have no plans to change.On the downside it only has spf 15. If I'm going to be outdoors for a long period of time I use Blue Lizard sensitive spf 30 which is also mineral sunscreen.Paulas is perfectly adequate otherwise as spf only applies to the amount of time before you burn.Highly recommended.
EDIT:I've reordered this again(September 2013) and it has been retested and is now spf 30.Yippee!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is very moisturizing and gentle. It has a lovely texture. It is very creamy going on. It's not thick and paste-like, they way many mineral foundations can be. Nor is it drying, which most mineral sunscreens are. I have to say I loved the texture. It takes a little time to sink in though. Sadly, it made me break out and so I am using the Moisture Boost, with all the chemicals, which are not irritating my sensitive skin. They sent me the replacement free. This Skin Recovery cream does go on thick and white. I wait a bit before putting on make up, but it is still bit shiny. I didn't mind at all. It is for people with very dry skin, not combination skin. When I got this, my skin was quite dry. I did not know mineral sunscreens break me out, so I don't fault the product for that. From what I have read, more zinc would be better in terms of protection. This is a very elegant formulation and has no fragrance. It has a smell from the ingredients, that is a bit sunscreen. I liked the smell and I don't like fragrance in skin products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by countrychic

I use this product on my extra sensitive skin that does not tolerate chemical sunscreen products. The best part is no tearing of the eyes if you get it too close to them. It absorbs quickly and therefore does not give skin a white caste as some other non chemical sunscreens do. It works great under makeup, but keep in mind that you would have to reapply it if you spent the whole day in the sun, as the low SPF 15 can only protect for so long. A great product overall!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by bheansidhe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This has been my daily moisturizer for four years. I have fairly sensitive skin with rosacea (the flushing kind) and occasional seborrheic dermatitis (the nose and cheek flakies). A few years ago I became spontaneously allergic to all chemical sunscreens and had to switch to titanium dioxide ones. The packaging was recently improved to include a flip-top. The price is reasonable, especially given the PC unconditional 30 day return policy. The product goes on a bit thick and white, but is quickly absorbed and becomes invisible. It's very moisuturizing and can leave a bit of a sheen in the summer. Unfortunately I can't powder my skin because it makes the dermatitis flakes noticeable, so I resigned myself to "glowing" and don't stress about it.

If I'm going into the sun I layer a 30+ SPF titanium over this base, but for daily wear, it's unmatched. It never breaks me out, it's very hydrating, and I've never had any kind of reaction to it.
By the way, PC runs frequent sales, so subscribe to their emails and never pay retail. :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by HLowell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product It is for dry skin and is very moisturizing and gentle. I have moderately sensitive skin. This has zinc and titanium dioxide , which I tolerate. Thus, it goes on thick and white, but does blend in. I would let it set a bit, before applying foundation. It can be a little greasy at first. That fades somewhat as well, but not entirely. I don't mind as I am so dry, that even liquid foundation often looks caky on me. My foundation looks dewy and luminous on top of this product. My skin stays hydrated all day and feels fantastic. However, some might find this product too heavy or greasy. My foundation does sometimes need a touch up though later in the day, which is the case with most moisturizers for me. It doesn't make me break out, but I do not break out often. I do recommend getting a few samples of any PC products before buying the actual product. She has quite a number of product lines. Three are suitable for dry skin, yet all feel different and have different ingredients, so it's worth trying more than one. The moisture boost has chemical sunscreens in and is a lighter moisturizer. The Resist line is more is thicker and almost a paste and is not as hydrating. All are a bit heavier than many products you might have tried. That could cause breakouts or other problems.

The top twists and then you can squeeze out some cream. When you twist it back a bit more comes out. I don't find that a problem, as I take that into account. I hope this review helps people know what to expect. A lot comes down to preferences and your skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Suprisgly, I reallly like this. At first it went on as white as a ghost but after 10 minutes it was fine and went well under my primer and LM TM. It is only SPF 15, the LM is SPF 20 and since it has pleny of mineral (all mineral) ingr. it has UVA covered. The SPF is for the UVB only and as I am in mostly it will be okay most of the time. The reason I settled on it after trying Clinique for dry to very dry skin is that is is the most moisturizing and does NOT come in a jar. She says it is loaded with antioxidants, cell communicating ingre, etc. and I assume she is at LEAST as honest as the cosmetics companies. I am noticing her pricing goes up and up, this was $21 for 2 oz, plus shipping. But my face really glowed after using this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No