September 18, 2014 | 1870 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Medieval

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Carela26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best things about this product is the ingredient list: Shea butter, Mango seed butter, bees wax (to name a few). I'm big on what type of chemicals I put near my mouth, so this was a plus for me, worth the price. Also, the color description does not lie. It is a red tint. Not drying like some of the liquid tints out there. It's supposed to be sheer, and not obvious. Goes back to a time when women used lemon juice to make their lips red (not like a heavier lipstick). Very nourishing and healthy. I would not compare to some of the less expensive brands that have a much different ingredient list. The packaging is awesome. Doesn't get into the creases in your lips and feather. Perfect for work very subtle and pretty. Also pretty for any age group.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

Another one of my Lipstick Queen favorites. Now to be fair I am fair/medium skintone. I know some reviewers did not like it because of the skin tone it did not show up. To be fair this is a sheer and although pretty full coverage on me it is not opaque. I use these type lipsticks when I am on the go during the day or a sheer lip for heavier shadow or cheek color makeup.

It does leave a stain as it wears that is flattering. Even though this is a balm consistancy lippy and it is buttery/creamy it is NOT a balm. If you have dry/flaky lips the color is going to cling to it in a not so pretty way.

I highly recommend this for someone wanting to try Red for the first time but is a little afraid of the more saturated colors. I recommend go swatch this at Ulta or Nieman's before you buy to make sure you love the look. The $22+ price tag is not somehing you want to make a mistake with. I might also suggest trying a revlon lip butter before investing in this as they also have that shearer coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this because of its awesome packaging and concept. It's exactly the kind of look that I like, that sexy bitten lip. Unfortunately, this color really doesn't suit everyone. I suspect it's suited to pale skinned women. I am right in the middle of the skin tone spectrum, olive, with warm undertones and barely pigmented lips. This color barely registered on my lips.. it was so faint and light that it didn't really flatter me. I wanted to love it, though. I give this 5 lippies for packaging.

For darker skinned women, I'd recommend the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in "Passion." I actually bumped this down to 2 Lippies because it's marketed as "the red that anyone can wear" and that's simply not true (common sense tells us that there isn't a single color that everyone can wear, anyway).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by hodetovervannet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Oh Poppy, I love your lipsticks. They evoke a fantasy with ease but darn it how I wish this lipstick was more red. It's so sheer I can barely detect it at all on my lips. Now I don't have overly pigmented lips or anything. Rather, this is more like a very lightly tinted balm. It is is absolutely not for a lipstick queen like myself. This is even significantly less pigmented than the saints lipsticks. Oh sigh... Such a fantasy of mine has now perished.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by rhinosaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is better at moisturising my lips than all the lipbalms I've ever tried. It also feels much better on, not grainy at all, not too slick, and not sticky. I wish the colour was a tad brighter, but since it's so sheer it doesn't really matter. The tube looks like new after months spent in a bag, on the go. Not even a hint of wear!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Gingrrrella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I freaking LOVE this lipstick! It's basically just a really nice tinted balm, true, but it's super flattering, has cute-as-hell packaging, and a nice light feel. No fragrance or flavour thank god, so I don't end up licking it off immediately.

My only major gripes are the limited stockists (none in NZ anymore!) and the price - kinda expensive for what it is! Depends on your budget I guess.

Conclusion: super great casual lipstick for people with decent incomes (so, not students).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Normally, I wouldn't pay so much ($22) for a lip color, but the copy and the packaging sucked me in. Fortunately for me, I find this product to be worth the money. I like a bold red lip, but it can be a bit much for daytime wear and I also find that some pigmented red lip colors tend to fade unevenly, leaving an unpleasant look behind. Since I'm not the type that has a lot of time to constantly check my lipstick, this is a really great product. I find it moisturizing and easy to apply. On me, the color is a sheer rose red. It gives the lips a bright and sexy tint without being over the top and makes me look more polished overall. I think just about every skintone would look great with this color but of course, if your lips are very pigmented, you may not witness much of a payoff. If the price tag doesn't deter you or you manage to find yourself with a sample of this color, definitely give it a try. In spite of the price, I plan on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jlradja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had read about this product and then saw it in Ulta. I really love it. I am a fan of "sheer" color versus bold color and I like something that "stains" as it wears off versus leaving me with "ring around the mouth". This product meets these criteria. It's a flattering, berry shade of red and leaves behind a subtle red stain as it wears off. Easy to apply and is becoming my "go to" product. I like the packaging - simple, not too big or bulky. Another reviewer mentioned the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey as a better option but I would disagree. I found the Clinique product wore off and left nothing behind so I had to constantly re-apply. This product is one I will definitely buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer reddish berry. It may be because I am starting to like bold lips better, but I am not a fan. It is very sheer which is nice, but so replicable. I feel like lip smackers Dr. Pepper and ClInique's Black Honey are cheaper and more moisturizing versions of this. If you are looking for a neutral beginners red, there are better options out there. This is too expensive and sheer for what it is. Oh, and I hate the metal packaging, it's weird but the noise that it makes when I open it makes me cringe!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jillybelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer, rose lipstick. It is supposed to be red, but it definitely didn't play that way on my lips.

PROS: I really loved the emolliant quality. It was very moisturizing through the entire wear time and didn't get goopy when I reapplied. Also, unlike others I found it to be very buildable.

CONS: It was so sheer I needed several coats to get anything close to red (which I never quite achieved). The color faded significantly after about 2 hours (no eating or drinking).

I scored this on clearance at Anthropologie for $9.95. I don't think it is worth $20. I wanted to be madly in love with it, but we are just friends.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No