August 1, 2014 | 1546 users online

Lipstick - Lipstick Queen - Medieval

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this because of its awesome packaging and concept. It's exactly the kind of look that I like, that sexy bitten lip. Unfortunately, this color really doesn't suit everyone. I suspect it's suited to pale skinned women. I am right in the middle of the skin tone spectrum, olive, with warm undertones and barely pigmented lips. This color barely registered on my lips.. it was so faint and light that it didn't really flatter me. I wanted to love it, though. I give this 5 lippies for packaging.

For darker skinned women, I'd recommend the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in "Passion." I actually bumped this down to 2 Lippies because it's marketed as "the red that anyone can wear" and that's simply not true (common sense tells us that there isn't a single color that everyone can wear, anyway).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by hodetovervannet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Oh Poppy, I love your lipsticks. They evoke a fantasy with ease but darn it how I wish this lipstick was more red. It's so sheer I can barely detect it at all on my lips. Now I don't have overly pigmented lips or anything. Rather, this is more like a very lightly tinted balm. It is is absolutely not for a lipstick queen like myself. This is even significantly less pigmented than the saints lipsticks. Oh sigh... Such a fantasy of mine has now perished.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by rhinosaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is better at moisturising my lips than all the lipbalms I've ever tried. It also feels much better on, not grainy at all, not too slick, and not sticky. I wish the colour was a tad brighter, but since it's so sheer it doesn't really matter. The tube looks like new after months spent in a bag, on the go. Not even a hint of wear!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Gingrrrella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I freaking LOVE this lipstick! It's basically just a really nice tinted balm, true, but it's super flattering, has cute-as-hell packaging, and a nice light feel. No fragrance or flavour thank god, so I don't end up licking it off immediately.

My only major gripes are the limited stockists (none in NZ anymore!) and the price - kinda expensive for what it is! Depends on your budget I guess.

Conclusion: super great casual lipstick for people with decent incomes (so, not students).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Normally, I wouldn't pay so much ($22) for a lip color, but the copy and the packaging sucked me in. Fortunately for me, I find this product to be worth the money. I like a bold red lip, but it can be a bit much for daytime wear and I also find that some pigmented red lip colors tend to fade unevenly, leaving an unpleasant look behind. Since I'm not the type that has a lot of time to constantly check my lipstick, this is a really great product. I find it moisturizing and easy to apply. On me, the color is a sheer rose red. It gives the lips a bright and sexy tint without being over the top and makes me look more polished overall. I think just about every skintone would look great with this color but of course, if your lips are very pigmented, you may not witness much of a payoff. If the price tag doesn't deter you or you manage to find yourself with a sample of this color, definitely give it a try. In spite of the price, I plan on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by jlradja

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had read about this product and then saw it in Ulta. I really love it. I am a fan of "sheer" color versus bold color and I like something that "stains" as it wears off versus leaving me with "ring around the mouth". This product meets these criteria. It's a flattering, berry shade of red and leaves behind a subtle red stain as it wears off. Easy to apply and is becoming my "go to" product. I like the packaging - simple, not too big or bulky. Another reviewer mentioned the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey as a better option but I would disagree. I found the Clinique product wore off and left nothing behind so I had to constantly re-apply. This product is one I will definitely buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer reddish berry. It may be because I am starting to like bold lips better, but I am not a fan. It is very sheer which is nice, but so replicable. I feel like lip smackers Dr. Pepper and ClInique's Black Honey are cheaper and more moisturizing versions of this. If you are looking for a neutral beginners red, there are better options out there. This is too expensive and sheer for what it is. Oh, and I hate the metal packaging, it's weird but the noise that it makes when I open it makes me cringe!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jillybelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a sheer, rose lipstick. It is supposed to be red, but it definitely didn't play that way on my lips.

PROS: I really loved the emolliant quality. It was very moisturizing through the entire wear time and didn't get goopy when I reapplied. Also, unlike others I found it to be very buildable.

CONS: It was so sheer I needed several coats to get anything close to red (which I never quite achieved). The color faded significantly after about 2 hours (no eating or drinking).

I scored this on clearance at Anthropologie for $9.95. I don't think it is worth $20. I wanted to be madly in love with it, but we are just friends.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lip product is versatile enough for every situation I'm in, looks natural and complements my NC15-20 coloring nicely.

I've had a hard time finding a lip color that looks great on my pale complexion, and isn't too dark or bright. If you have a skin tone like mine and can't find a good shade, try this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely sheer red lipstick. It goes on me as more of a pinkish-red than a true-red, but I like it nonetheless. There is no scent or taste, and it has a balmy look and feel that gives just a hint of color (my favorite texture for a lipstick, anyways). Its not really 'buildable' so its best for a more natural look. The staying power is typical of any sheer lipstick (1-2 hrs). I am strangely attracted to the Lipstick Queen brand, as much for the stories behind the products as I am for the products themselves. This was a bit pricey for me ($20 reg price, I think), though I got it during a 20% off promo from beauty.com. This is a versatile shade thatís easy to apply & wear. I would repurchase should I ever have the need.