April 24, 2014 | 1898 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Nude Beige #001

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

When I first got this, I really liked the color but wasn't sure about the formulation since it was soooo creamy that it didn't seem to last. Since the packaging was so luxe and the actual lipstick itself costs an arm and a leg, I put it on my vanity and forgot about it.
Then, my MAC creme cup was given away to my aunt, and after seeing the same color on many YT artists around NC30-NC35 and seeing what a beautiful baby pink it was, I was really missing it and shopped my stash. Hello, this is the exact dupe! However, it is creamier and much less drying than creme cup! I bought another creme cup just in case, but here is what I do. I apply creme cup in the morning. Then, when my lips feel a little dry, I reapply this on top to prolong the color and moisturize my lips at the same time. That way, I can use my creme cup everyday and keep the color all day long.
My DH and random male strangers always get whiplash when I wear this. It's definitely not a "classy" color on me, but not trashy either. It's very youthful and playful as a lipstick,and works very well with a cat-eye for a Bardot look.
I don't have anything bad to say about the overall Rouge Volupte lipsticks. They are beautifully opaque even with a thin layer and wears very well over a lip primer or lipliner. It was my bad to think it would last alone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite lipstick of a time. Well worth the price tag for me. The color is the perfect pinky nude on me, not really beige, although I love beige, and it smells so nice. It's very silky and lasts a long time on my lips, making them look more lush and soft and beautiful. Will definitely repurchase, and I am so glad I bought this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like Christmas morning for my lips!!! Ahhhh I love it so much! Let's just get down to business.

The color is a neutral nude with pink undertones. Very flattering on my fair skin tone but I imagine it would compliment most tones. Texture is creamy, light, silky, milky and super hydrating. I mean super, Feels so good going on. The pigment is pretty opaque and I'd say the finish is a sheen/shine, no sparkle Typically I like matte or a cream finish but this is just absolutely beautiful. Doesn't settle into any cracks and it isn't advertised as being plumping but I feel like it makes my lips so healthy they look fuller. The lasting power isn't amazing but it does fade evenly and leaves your lips soft. I'd say w/o eating or drinking you could maybe get 3-4 hours. And let's just get this out now, yes the packing is a gorgeous and classically timeless tube. It looks like a splurge and feels like a splurge and of course your wallet will feel the sting but if you ever have the excess just treat yourself, it's actually worth the hype. I will say though that if you just can't afford this that the L'oreal color riche lipsticks are a decent drugstore alternative.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lipstick is creamy, luxurious, and moisturizing. But I find the color wears off quickly. I've tried lip liner, but the lip liner ends up wearing right off with the lipstick.

The packaging is really posh and classically stylish, but for the price it is not a lot of product. And the frequency of which I have to reapply means this product does not last as long as other lipsticks.

This color is okay, but not unique enough to justify the price, especially since I have to constantly reapply the lipstick. I would be willing to try this same brand in another color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by misanders

I can't believe I fell for the hype of this product. The only good thing I can say is the packaging is gorgeous. Otherwise- the color is horrendous on my medium skin tone, and for this price I shouldn't have to mix colors. #1 might look good on fair-light complexions. Second- the smell I hate! Candy is what comes to mind. A smell that my 10 year old would love, but for a luxury brand???? The worst thing about this lipstick is the texture is slippery and it accentuates every line in your lips! That is just not the look I'm going for. Probably my last lipstick purchase from YSL. I'll stick to Burberry.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this but I think the colour may be a bit too light for me so I mix it with another lip colour to get the perfect shade. This was my first ysl lipstick and I think the formula is fantastic. The smell is divine as well as the packaging. I'm very keen to try another in the rouge volupte range.

Pros:
- luxe packaging
- beautiful moisturising formula
- long wear time without the need for reapplication for 3-4 hours
- wide range of shades to choose from
- fantastic quality product

Cons:
- this colour washes me out slightly because its a bit too pale for my NC25 skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've wanted to buy this lipstick for agessss so I managed to get this with 30% off :) I got this shade as it reminded me if creme cup by MAC and they are very similar in colour however I do not like the formula of this lipstick its very creamy and smells alot like the rimmel by Kate moss lipsticks which is great but lasting power is rubbish it jus feels very slippery on the lips and I have to reapply but you don't need a gloss with this and well we all know how beautiful the packaging is so I'm just going to use this for special occasions

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by maddieewhite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I brought my first YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick today and LOVE it already! #1 Nude Beige is the perfect nude with a pink undertone. It's a very flattering colour. The formula is very creamy and opaque, not drying what so ever! The lasting power is reasonable and similar to any other balm x lipstick product on the market. The packaging is stunning and the scent isn't offensive. I'd recommend this product to anyone who wants an easy to wear everyday nude colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by queenofchlorine29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm obsessed with this lipstick. I bought it on impulse and I'm amazed. It's amazingly pigmented. I only have to apply it to my bottom lip and then rub my lips together. This is a perfect nude that doesn't mute your lips out. These are SO moisturizing and they last a long time on your lips. It's extremely comfortable to wear and for this quality, I got two more and will have no problem repurchasing these when they run out. They also smell pretty good too

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Rouge Voluptes are my favorite lipsticks, ever!
The formula is absolutely to DIE for--they're the richest, creamiest lipsticks that have ever glided across my lips. They're also rather moisturizing and last all day long. I can apply it once in the morning and not have to worry about it fading, forming patches, or drying out my lips.
The pigmentation is incredible. YSL wasn't joking with the pigments in these! These aren't for the color-shy!
They also have an added SPF 15 and a nice satin-to-glossy finish, eliminating the need for a lipgloss, but of course if you don't want the glossiness, then you can just lightly blot it and you'll have a nice subtle sheen.
One of the shades that I own is #1 Nude Beige. #1 is a nude with the perfect hint of pink that makes it one of the more wearable, flattering nudes. It looks fantastic on other people, but unfortunately, it's a bit too light for me (I'm NC35), so it sort of washes me out, but it's nothing a little blotting can't fix. So MAC Blankety still remains my favorite nude lippie (Blankety is a bit darker).
The packaging, of course, is absolutely beautiful and definitely beats ANY other lipstick in terms of aesthetics (yes, that includes Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, and Tom Ford, IMO)--they make my MAC lipsticks look like crap lol!
It retails at $34 each, which isn't cheap, so I recommend you do research and swatch them in-stores before deciding on anything. Sephora only carries 80% of the 30 available shades, so I'd go to Nordstrom instead.
Would I repurchase? Probably not.