October 30, 2014 | 1649 users online

Blush - Cover Girl - Cheekers True Plum

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by KellyVWeb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the color that I bush/flush naturally. So for me, it's the perfect blush! I've been buying this shade for years.

I use the little brush that comes with it for travel only.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been salivating over tarte's new clay blush in blushing bride but I figured before I shelled out $25 for a plum blush I would buy a cheap one and see how the color looked on me. I'm pale and have always gravitated towards pinks and peaches so this was a real leap. I used to use the peach shade in this line all the time and I think I used up about 3 of them so I didn't hesitate to pick up this one in true plum. Now the packaging is awful and the brush is total crap but for the price and quality I'm willing to overlook that. I just have to move my ecotools blush brush around a little in the small pan to get color all over it. The pigmentation of this is amazing and it's such a lovely color! Long lasting too and it has been pretty humid and muggy today. Of course it has the nasty noxzema scent but it fades quickly so that's not a biggie either. Great product and if you don't have many plum blushes in your collection, like me, pick it up and I think you'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by beany2788

Great product, overall. Nice colour, easy to blend, easy to wear. Looks great on really fair to darker skin tones. Packaging doesn't bother me, but the brush it comes with is useless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great color and product in crappy packaging with classic Noxema smell. Love the color, bright pinky plum with hints of shimmer. Small amount, and the brush is useless, but the product itself is pigmented and easily blended, a true drugstore gem. I don't mind the smell,and it fades anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by mspye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw that this blush was used on Taylor Swift for a magazine cover shoot and figured I'd give it a try because her skin always looks so luminous. I had some doubts when I saw this up close and personal - the color doesn't look very plummy too me and also looks a little dark in the pan for my fair skin. But since it's super cheap and I had get to find my HG blush, I gave it a shot. I'm so glad I did! It's not too light or bright or too dark - it's just right. And as many reviewers have said before me gives me that just in from the cold flush that I've always wanted. The only downside is the packaging - the tiny blush brush tends makes it difficult to blend the product and the small rectangular square of blush makes it difficult to use a regular round blush brush.

Oh well, I'll make it work cause it's gorgeous. If BB Pale Pink, Paula Dorf Ballet and Benefit Dandelion look great on you, you should absolutely give this a try!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Products like this one are a big part of the reason we makeup junkies keep buying new things... sometimes you really hit a jackpot!
This blush is absolutely beautiful! Finely milled, easily blended, and the scent (yes, the old Noxzema scent as another reviewer mentioned) fades quickly.
Toss the brush immediately and use your own.
This shade should flatter nearly any skin-tone and is on par with the very best HE blushes. A must-try and a definite re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a really pretty, light-to-midtone plum color. I had bought Plum Plush and it was a little too dark. True Plum is a lighter, cool toned plum color that goes really nicely as a pop of color on my cheekbones. I'm NC25 for reference.

The price is around $4 - I bought this at Walmart.

I am surprised at how nicely CG blush wears. Most of the colors I've tried are pretty pigmented, and work nicely as a pop or flush of color on the cheeks - very blendable.

The scent doesn't bother me - although I know it does bother some people.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

In a recent issue of Glamour magazine I saw a blush featured that was cool toned.... it was almost an orchid color and it was so unusual. It struck my curiosity and suddenly I wondered if maybe a cool toned blush would work for my cool toned skin. I had always gone for warm shades thinking that would counteract my pale skin. I went to the drugstore for a quick fix and bought a Cheekers in True Plum. I LOVE it and am so pleased. First off, the price is nice. Secondly, while there is a faint fragrance to the product, it's very light and fades so fast it isn't an issue for me. Now for the color and performance... I couldn't be happier. The texture is smooth and fine and is not too matte nor shimmery. It's also perfectly pigmented. It's not so opaque where it is costumey, but it's also not too sheer. The brush they give you is the typical synthetic/acrylic flat square blush brush and I don't use it. I have a cute little tapered, rounded blush brush and I love applying this blush to the hollows of my cheeks and I get perfect definition and a very natural look. The color is actually PERFECT for my pale skin. If I applied too much it could look not so good but on a day that I accidentally apply to much I just take a cotton ball and rub in a circular motion to remove excess. Otherwise I've got it down to a formula and just swirl it on every morning and I love the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by sschroed

What a great blush for such an inexpensive price! This color is beautiful - definitely gives me that flushed, just in from the cold look. This is my everyday, go-to blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is actually *gorgeous* on me. It just gives a perfect, rosy, healthy flush---what blush is actually supposed to do. I agree about the packaging---ditch the tiny brush, and re-shape the pan in a square or circle. However, I found the color to be very pretty and the formulation to be smooth, silky, and easily blended. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.