October 23, 2014 | 907 users online

Treatments (Face) - Retin A

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by lb1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 28 years old and love the product. It helps with breakout while combating wrinkles. I have been using for a little under a year and plan to use the product for the rest of my life. I did have to get a prescription for this but it was well worth the visit to the dermatologist. I rarely break out now, pores are smaller and skin is allover smoother. Very happy I started using this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are over forty or close to this product when used properly can be a godsend. I have been using it approximately four years now and am still using it carefully. I do notice if I don't use it. The benefits are of course short term and must be kept up.

I am to the point where it is no longer irritating but still drying/dehydrating so I have a very specific way I use it. I view this as the breaking down process and therefore follow with a skin nourishing process---food for my fresher skin so to speak. The nourishment I give my skin after I use this is all natural and consists of my favorite oils in rotation. Doing it this way, I feel that my skin is not thinning out too much which was initially a worry of mine.

I am also careful to apply only in the areas needed as the years go on. There is such a thing as overdoing it in my opinion in regards to one's delicate face. I apply more liberally to neck and chest area.

If there were more natural products available that produce the same results I would try them but being this is the only synthetic product I use and that it works so well I stick to it. I do rotate with an AHA product about once a week in the winter and more frequently in the summer do to more frequent sun exposure.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Anfisa123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry, was meant to post where you can get it (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321367160553&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT)

Started using it on the advice of YouTube beauty queens Tootsie Time and ItsMyRayeRaye

After a month: acne - gone. Small wrinkles around my eyes - almost gone. I'm in love!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Misstt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I'm currently 24, I've been battling acne scne 17! Cyctic acne that is for sure hormonal a year ago it got to the point where I would wana cry when I look in the mirror because I would see a new cyct every day! Nightmare! So I used Retin A 0.025 at night and clindoxyl get in the am. My skin got worse in the begining, it was red, it was peeling, but than it got better after 3 months and after 6 I would say I was acne free! It was amazing, however than Retin A was out of stock for couple of months and I got my acne back! Now I bought it againg, but I have to start the whole prosses againg waiting for my skin to get better. At this point I'm willing to because Retin A is the only thing that helps me. I like thia product, you need to mistrise a lot and use lots of sunscreen and BE PATIENT because every skin problem takes awhile to be fixed so dont give up, dermatologist promis a flawless skin after 6 months of using it! Good luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Lindsex24

This is a serious beauty product; there's a reason you need a prescription. If you use it inappropriately or without the proper combination of other skincare products, it will be terrible for your skin. However, with the right regimen it is a godsend. First of all, go very, very slowly when beginning to use it or your skin could have a bad reaction (irritation, peeling, severe dryness). Only use a tiny amount mixed with your moisturizer a couple times a week (at night). You can slowly up this amount as your skin gets used to it, but don't exceed once a night. I highly recommend not using any other medicated acne products while you're using this. Also, make sure you are using some serious moisturizer and maybe a serum. This stuff will clear up your skin and practically erase fine lines on your face. I would recommend using it from a fairly young age (20's) so that you're preventing wrinkles and acne scars. I plan to keep using this indefinitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by tepps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of, if not the best, products out there that fades hyper pigmentation, and rids acne. There are a lot of negative reviews, but I believe it is due to not using the medication correctly. Keyword being medication. You cannot use this cream like a regular moisturizer. A lot of irritation can be reduced if it is used correctly. It took me a while to get the correct routine, but I finally got it right. A lot of the irritation I got was because I was using it infrequently and also because I used it with the wrong moisturizer. I normally have oily skin but my skin has now normalized. I use Cerave Foaming Cleanser because it does not have sulphates like Cetaphil. I then wait 30 mins and then apply a pea sized amount of retin a. I then wait an hour after retin-a and rub a pea sized amount of aquaphor in between my fingertips, and apply it by gently pressing it onto my skin. When I wake up in the morning my face is not greasy nor dry, and I no longer have redness. The best part is I can now use retin a everyday while only getting the benefits- no irritation! Hope this helps :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by nickyy

No one with good or ok skin should buy this cream!
Unless ur skin is so bad that u have nothing to lose dont buy this, do not do chemical peels or laser either!
Dont fix something that is not broken.
This is chemical cream what unnaturally peel off your skin and force new skin to grow! This is insane if you think of it. u damage your skin and of course skin is forced to reproduce or renew.Also i made real long research and there is really no person who got rid of the wrinkles by using this cream!So if you using it as anti aging you are doing stupid mistake! If you look at real people's reviews and videos there is no result!
This could be helpful to people with bad acne that nothing else helped and they skin is so bad they have nothing to lose and side effects and damage they ll have from this is nothing to compare of what they dealing with anyway only in this case i would recommended it. Dont be stupid believe you ll look younger! To peel your skin off you can use apple cedar vinegar for every night for month and u ll have same effect but at least it is natural. ( do not go close to you eyes and mouth)
Stop using chemicals on ur skin! they was made for chronic acne and even this im not sure if is helpful with out taking oral medication. Do ur research how much damage this retinoids can do and if it is really worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by cutupangels78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I buy my Retin-A (I rotate between 0.5% and 1.0%) from InHousePharmacy. My insurance doesn't cover Retin-A and it's an outrageous price at the pharmacy (several hundred dollars per bottle). I pay something like $35 from InHousePharmacy. Always been very happy ordering from them. My little tube of of Retin-A lasts me several months.

Anyways, Retin-A is no joke. It's potent. Please be knowledgeable and prepared before you begin using this product or you'll regret it. I used SkinCeuticals 0.5% (and then 1.0% Maximum Strength) for 2 years before moving into Retin-A. SkinCeuticals Retinol is like a less potent version of Retin A. Skinceuticals 1.0% is comparable 0.0.25% Retin-A. My skin is slightly sensitive BTW but can tolerate retinols.

If you're new to Retin-A, please use a low-strength retinol first for a few months to get your skin adjusted. I recommend Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5%. If your skin can handle it, start using the lowest strength Retin-A (I believe it's 0.025%) ONCE A WEEK (no more) and a PEA-SIZE amount on 100% dry skin at night. Don't use any other treatment (night cream, serums, etc) on your skin the night you use Retin-A (other ingredients might irritate you). Evenly apply it over your entire face. Again, no more than a pea-size or you'll regret it. If you have very sensitive skin, use a "buffer" before applying Retin-A (I recommend Cerave or another thick cream moisturizer with as a few ingredients as possible). Again - ONCE A WEEK. See if your skin can handle it. If a month has passed with minimal/no peeling or redness, bump up to twice a week. Some people can't use Retin-A more than once a week. Ever. That might be your limit. Some people can use Retin-A nightly after several months of adjustment. Some people can handle the 1.0% (I cannot). 0.5% is plenty strong for most people.

Peeling and redness is normal when adjusting to Retin-A. But, you need to scale down if this happens. If you peel keep products off your face. Use the gentlest cleanser you can find with the fewest ingredients. Keep your skin hydrated. Use a thick moisturizer (Cerave is good).

Retin-A isn't for everyone. But it's the gold standard in skincare for most. My mother is 50 and doesn't even have LINES on her face. She has been using retinol and Retin-A for 20 years.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Aleemabak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for a while, and let me first say that it's really drying!!

My skin is oily, acne prone and brown.

Retin A has really helped reduce my hyper pigmentation marks caused by my acne scars.
I use a little on my marks (not my whole face) and it lightens it within 2-3 weeks.

However, it is really drying. I used it for 3 months every night, then I started using it every other night. Now I use it every three nights.

Depending on your skin type/ regime, you may need to skip days so it doesn't over dry.

I hope this review helps! It really did wonders for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Rose80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My worst nightmare. I used it for 3 months 3 years ago and still my skin has not recovered. I look much older than my age. I used to look younger. My sister who is 10 years older has better skin than I do.
Retin a (avicid) made my skin thin, saggy and top layer wrinkled. It has not recovered since. Nowdays I only use organic coconut oil on my face so it wont get even more irritated.

If someone knows how to a way to heal A-vitamin damage, please let me know. My face really has not recovered, even it has been over 3 years since I used this horrible cream.

12 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No