August 27, 2014 | 988 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - Expert Anti-Redness Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by vvalencia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently my skin is starting to exhibit a lot of redness and irritation, especially on the cheeks. I don't think it's full blown rosacea, but it looks unsightly and basically made me switch the foundation I was using, because it has gotten so obvious. I have been on a quest to find makeup and treatments that help in lessening redness or at least covering it up. My goad is obviously to find products that might help reduce it rather than just covering up cosmetically. I just got on the Boots bandwagon about a couple months ago and saw this product. I was immediately drawn to the Ant-Redness claim. I've been using it for a little over 2 weeks day and night and can confirm it has not really done anything to prevent or assist in lessening the redness in my face. It's a little disappointing, because the texture is very light and makes for a great moisturizer that feels soothing. That is why I am not giving it the worst rating, but at this price you are just paying for an expensive moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ellyyang

Recently I am on a AHA treatment, to even out my skintone and to lighten up the acne scar. I need a serum to apply before the AHA lotion. I've tried the anti-blemish serum and I really like it. But I think I need something that has more soothing power and can eliminate the uncomfort tingling feeling given by the AHA lotion. Since I'm impressed by the anti-blemish serum, I decided to give the anti-redness serum a try. And I have to say I really love it. It is very light and yet moisturizing just enough. The texture is pretty much like a moisturizer, but one pump covers the entire face. To those who think it is greasy, probably you use too much. It's perfect under the AHA lotion. I don't have too much redness on my skin, so I cannot comment on it's anti-redness power. For the price, it is a pretty decent serum. Now, I use anti-blemish serum in the morning and anti-redness serum at night. I'll definitely re-purchase this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by urbanoutfitted

I am very surprised by the poor reviews of this product. This is the single anti-redness product that has ever worked for me, and it works well, reducing redness by 50% on a single application. Used over time, redness is 80-90% gone, leaving my skin looking much clearer. There's no fragrance to it, and the price is phenomenal. The packaging is such that you can't contaminate the product. If you're unclear how much you have, hold the bottle to a light.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by geekgrl

This was so very greasy. It kinda just sits on my skin and I used it onlly one time and I started to break out from it. I didn't use this long enough to know if it would help redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by DaraRose1

I've heard great things about the Boots cosmetic line and decided to check out their dispaly at Target the other day. I was happy to find they offer a "sensitive" skin care line. I have sensiive skin and have been looking for a product that acutlaly works.
I tried the ant-redness serum ( I have very rosy cheeks) as the directions said and waited to see the results. The results were NOT GOOD. I woke up the next morning and had several little zits all on my cheek area and spreading down my face...pretty much anywhere I applied the serum. It looks HORRIBLE. I do not normally have a problem with acne, but it looks like I do now!

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE do NOT buy this product if you have sensitive skin. Even though the skin care line says that's it for people with senstive skin, be aware that it may do the same thing it did to me - to you!

I just hope that my skin clears up before Thanksgiving!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This worked *exceeding* well for me. I put it on before bed, waited a while for it to soak in, applied my normal moisturizer, and in the morning my skin not only had much reduced redness around my nose area, it completely evened out my skin tone! I was skeptical at first because I usually don't buy skincare, much less serums, at Target. And for $7, I wasn't expecting much. I was very, very wrong. This serum made my face feel baby-soft as an added bonus as well. Very pleased!