July 22, 2014 | 1684 users online

Liquid - Kanebo - Sensai Fluid Finish foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:05:00 AM More reviews by amakeupmistress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have recently started using mainly my Sensai Fluid Finish Foundations at work as a makeup artist for film and tv. I am able to build to a more opaque finish with extra layers, but only when necessary. This foundation gives me a finish that feels sheer, but evens out beautifully and creates sucj and elegant coverage that all I really need to do is powder....and yes, I use the Sensai powders, too. This is not only a great finish for foundation, but it is a wonderful way to care for my own skin and my actors. They also appreciate the lightness of the foundation under strong lighting. And the best part: their is REALLY no pore-clogging! I actually find that I have BETTER skin after using this foundation. Worth every cent!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by silasbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have combination skin (oily in t-zone) and dry on cheeks and forehead. I have tried so many foundations (Sisley Paris, Dior, Avene, just to name a few) and none of them worked. Most made my skin oily or acne prone. Sensai is the best foundation that I have ever used. It goes on smooth and looks great all day. I can't believe that this foundation doesn't receive better/more press. Try it, it will make your skin look glowy and smooth!!

Love!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by goldenbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Edit - MASSIVE props to this foundation for having NO irritants, skin damaging or any acne causing ingredients. Absolutely none! I have been extensively searching for hours and hours for skin makeup which is non acne causing, as I am striving for real healthy GREAT skin (which is currently acne prone with scars). Almost everything (even supposed non acne causing shizz) has chemicals that may cause acne - even chemicals that are supposedly safe but very very very rarely break out skin (i.e talc) - this is the only product from my very extensive research (my boyfriend is even getting irritated haha) that is full of pure good stuff :)! Also I understand why some people may assume mineral oil can break their skin out :) but no worries - it is both non irritating (meaning won't dry out or inflame) and it doesn't cause acne.

I really like this stuff! It looks really pretty on my skin - glowly, makes my skin look lovely! It offers medium coverage, it doesn't look cakey, it covers evenly, quickly and well. It does not contribute to my skins acne or make it look dry, rough or highlight pores. This makes it look smooth and glowing and it is the easiest and quickest foundation I have ever applied - I used to take about 20 mins doing my skin but with this, my skin only takes about 5 mins (to be precise!) including concealer! With most foundations I apply them, they look quite foundationy and yet they dont cover well enough so I have to go over with concealer everywhere, but this covers well, it covers scars and about 70% of new spots so it looks real yet provides enough coverage :).

The only issue I have with this is that the color oxidizes on me (I'm about a bang on NW17) so I walk around with a slightly orange tint to my skin, but as this foundation is so good honestly I let it slide...I wish though that I could correct this somehow, if anyone has any suggestions I would love you for it :)!

The other thing is that this is not as long wearing as I'd like it to be - I'd say 6 hours, and when it gets hot it comes off - but it melts off in a very natural way, and my skin still looks nice after 8 hours (but you can see my acne as the foundation has faded!). So this is really wonderful, my go to foundation - fantastic for its finish, lovely natural GORGEOUS coverage but it will probably be even better for some other girls with less skin problems/darker skin :) - so I'll give it a 5 based on fabulous quality, even if it wasn't QUITE perfect for my own needs!

Edit; This foundation generally fades off through out the day, like the coverage gets lighter - decreases in like 4 hours or so but still stays on, and looks natural, simply remedied by a concealer which is longlasting (also make sure your concealer is water based - as oil and water don't mix). But it's still great and I love it :). I'm just off to find a good demi-matt (but glowing) medium coverage long lasting foundation which is as great as this - with as brilliantly pure ingredients! Edit - I haven't been wearing powder over this, today I did (Givency's prisme - beautiful combo) and it lasted all day with only some spot coverup needed :)!

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this at harrods thinking this is it, I will never buy another foundation again. But after using it for a day, it gave me tiny little whiteheads on my nose. I read the ingredients to find what was giving me a bad reaction and..................... BAM! Mineral Oil! How can a product this expensive contain the most tackiest and cheapest ingredient? Mineral Oil is a by product of petrolatum, an ingredient used to make gasoline. Some say its bad some say its harmless but I am avoiding it for good measures.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by KrisLaurin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've recently bought my second Fluid Finish 203, which tells a lot - not only because I'm a curious person and like to try new things, but also because my skin is crazy sensitive and dry. I can't just go out there and buy a moisturiser or a foundation. I have to consult my facialist, try out samples... Tiresome. This one, I love. It's just the right balance between dewy, well-covering and moisturising. It truly makes my dull and aging face glow. Ah.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product seriously!! Luminous and dewy with full coverage. I use this in 204 and I am an nc42. In the summer I mix 204 and 204.5 to get the perfect shade. Looks like my skin but better!! Highly recommend! Last long and doesn't slip off. No wonder this is Lauren Conrad's favorite foundation!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by marija55

It is a great foundation, medium coverage, but definitely it can be built up to even more for special occasions.It is easy to work with it, I use my fingers or a brush. I bought it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Andorsia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few years now and is basically the only one I can use. My skin is super sensitive to foundations as it is really prone to flaking and the foundation can cake and there is only a hand few of foundations I have been able to use since I started wearing them, first was an old formula from body shop, not liquid, and then they discontinued it and then there was instant age rewind from Maybelline and they discontinued that one as well. If they ever discontinue this one it will take me several years to find the right foundation again like after they discontinued the body shop one. So yes, if you have dry, picky skin, use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by LianneN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this too rish/oily to use in the summer, but now during winter time it is nice! I do set it with my MUFE HD powder. This foundation lasts all day on me. I do look shiny by lunchtime but that's true for all of my foundations. I find the lasting power of this foundation superior to my other foundations. I wear this in FF202 (soft beige) which is ever so slightly too pale (NC 20ish) but its not really noticeable. I now want to try the fluid finish lasting velvet!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by LianH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good natural looking effecy but can be built up for more coverage. Easy to work with, I use my fingers or a brush. Already bought it twice and I'm going to get it again. I never do this with foundation but it's just so damn good. It's so easy to use that whenever I'm in a hurry I grab for this one, it's gentle on the skin ( with irriration, dry skin zones etc) and smoothes everything out iwthout looking fake. It feels light as air and has no strange smells.

It beats my Chanel and Make Up Forever HD. I also dont understand why there isnt more hype about this.