October 1, 2014 | 1251 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Hot Gossip - Cremesheen

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

People say this showed up very "cool" or "lilac-y" on them, but this showed up as a nice, soft pink with just touches of lilac-purples in the mix, creating a very glamorous yet unique shade on the lips.
I have warm coloring, but this slightly-cool lipstick looked very classy on me! It made me feel beautiful and sexy and glamorous, like "va-va-voom" BOMBSHELL glamorous!!
It's great for a night out, a hot date, a party, any fun, exciting place! I guess, for work or school, you could dab it on as more of a stain to tone down the intense color.
It's creamy, long wearing, and fabulous quality!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

I am SO happy the MUA tried this on me. It is the perfect (corny, but I am going to go there...) Victoria's Secret blushing shiny pink on my pigmented NC30 light tan Asian lips! I have seriously been looking for this color in a lipstick forever. I can't believe I just found it now. It's just really the perfect, shiny, lightly shimmery, opaque warm natural but noticeable pink lipstick. It's a little too pinky for work, but PERFECT for parties and just feeling a little zexy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I love this! I am quite fair and it just makes my lips pop.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by noreenmalik

The pictures on the site do not do justice to this l/s.I found it to be quite pretty in tube but once applied straight to lips its too pigmented for my comfort, kind of violet/purple or lilac/violet, no pinky mauvey look i was looking for.So when applied on lip balm the colur improved to a soft plummy lilac pink.I find syrup to be different from this lipstick as it appears to be a muted mauve-pink.Wont re-purchase as am not much into violet undertones but its different from syrup with more pink in it.However, am using it off and on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

MAC Hot Gossip Lipstick is described as a mid-tone pinky plum. I'd like to call it a grown-up pink - your progression from baby pinks and nudes. It looks quite boring in the tube when you look at it in indoor lighting, but in the sunlight, you really get to see how complex and pretty this pink is. It kind of reminds me of a more pigmented, brighter and pinker Rimmel Airy Fairy.

Hot Gossip brings color to my face without being too bright, and makes my lips look a bit more noticeable and full. I think it's a shade that will work on many skintones from warm to cool, light and dark.

It's a cremesheen formula, so it applies smooth and is opaque with a few swipes of the tube.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by vester1228

This is my go to lipstick, love it! I'm always searching for the perfect pink lipstick and for me, this is just about perfect. I wear it with Poppy lipliner. I agree with the other review that it does need a lipliner. I've gone through probably 4 or 5 tubes. I hope they never discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

This lipstick works great on me. It actually has a frosty finish but very subtle. This is a pinky mauvey plum colour but it works very well on my yellow based skin and comes off more pink. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I want to broaden my lipstick horizons so will purchase a different lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by unicornlover

I think the key to wearing this lipstick well is the right lipliner. Unless you just have huge, pouty lips, this lipstick NEEDS liner!

I wear the MAC Plum liner with it and a nice smoky eye, it looks vampy and hot. Definitely need to be a bit tan too (go get a spray tan or use some Estee Lauder spray...that stuff is awesome). Your really can't pull this color off if you are pale.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Looks very similar to Syrup lipstick but has a pinkish tone. Looks more flattering on me than Syrup but I wont repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

perfect, velevety natural pink. I apply lipglass or lustreglass over it for superstar lips!!