BeneFit Cosmetics BADgal Plum

3.2

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Carmine (Ci 75470), Polybutene, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Panthenol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Peg-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Pvp, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Sericin, Sorbic Acid. N° 03891/N.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to try something different but I've always hated that blue mascara look that everyone ends up trying once.
I went to my local Benefit counter and wanted to try a few products that I wouldn't usually go for. The SA recommended plum as opposed to the standard jet black BadGal Lash. It was the same formula so it thickened and lengthened but it had a slight plum hue. I tried it on and looked in the mirror and as the SA had said, it was very slight and barely noticeable. I liked that it was very subtle and decided to buy it.
A few people noticed it and asked about my eyelashes which I thought was nice and different.

It wasn't until MONTHS later when me and my boyfriend went on a weekend away and I saw in some photographs, that in the bright sunlight, my eyelashes were shockingly VIOLET. I couldn't believe I had been walking around with this stuff on. I don't know how I didn't notice, I do my make-up in a mirror infront of my window every day but I had never seen the mascara looking so BRIGHT.

Needless to say, violet eyelashes were not the look I was going for and this mascara was never worn again.

The formula itself was quite good, but not curling enough as I have long but poker straight eyelashes. I wouldn't repurchase due to the lack of curling power and the luminescent colour.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara was disappointing. Even with primer, the mascara is hardly noticeable unless I apply three or more coats. The plum color is more red than violet, with the end result of making my eyes look bloodshot. I think a more blue or violet-based plum color would have had a better accentuating effect on my brown eyes,but this red-based plum may work for other eye colors.

The formula was dryish and clumpy; each coat neeed to be combed out to seperate the lashes. The only thing it does decently is wear well, and if it does smudge, the smudges are less noticeable than those of a typical mascara. But it's not worth the money and I definitely will not repurchase it.

Nice enough mascara but the plum is barely noticeable on my black eyelashes.

The packaging felt cheap and the wand was too long and flimsy.

Expected more from a 16 mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this mascara! Read a review of it in some teen fashion magazine in high school, so I bought a tube and have been hooked ever since. I have dark lashes so the plum tinge is very subtle, and it really makes my eyes pop. It's not like a miracle super lengthener or plumper or whatever, but it adds enough volume to just make the eyes look pretty and still natural. It's definitely my everyday go-to mascara. For fancy nights out or special occasions I would probably use something different, but for day to day looks this is my favorite.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was in Douglas when I first saw this product. I have a weakness for Benefit products and mascaras, so it caught my atttention. The packaging is of course very pretty like all the Benefit products, and the plumish violett colour is also very pretty but unfortunately you hardly see that pretty colour when applied to eyelashes. I have blond hardly coloured lashes, if I can't see the colour, then how would people with dark eyelashes see it?
Maybe usefull as a Brown mascara, but I wouldn't pay 22 for a regular brown mascara.
Nope I will not repurcase it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this. I have the original black Badgal and the waterproof and those are my babies so I figured the plum would be cute. Same formula as the original, same brush, same results. So what's the problem? The purple didn't even show up on my lashes! My lashes aren't even that dark. I couldn't even see any purple in the sun but when it was time to remove my mascara the cotton ball would have purple all over it. Its a little upsetting because I was so positive I would fall in love with it and that it would look gorgeous. Sad face! It's going back :(

Love this mascara! Everytime I wear it I get compliments on how great my eyes look&that they are popping (I have hazel eyes but this really accentuates the green). I don't find that it looks super unnatural. TIP** I put two coats of Badgal plum then one coat on the last 1/3 of the lash with Benefit's "They're real" this really makes my lashes have a WOW factor. Only downside is you have to be careful when getting the inner lashes as the brush is gigantic

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I had a mini tube of this. I actually like this formula better than the black one!!! It gave me huge lashes!! But idk what I was thinking... I thought the plum would make my brown eyes pop but it just looked kind of off on me... Let's be real.. Black eyelashes are what I want. The blacker the better!! The color of this is not a bright purple I think it actually looks just like the color of the tube. If you want an alternative to black lashes try this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

You can tell it is purple when you wear it. I wish they would make one that is a darker, subtle purple. It does make green eyes stand out, but it doesn't look natural. The BADgal formula is nice though. It seems to lengthen very nicely, but volumizing and curling is just average, for me.

I am not impressed by this mascara. I have to stop listening to sephora's salesman! They always give me bad advices!
Anyway: how could they thing that such a gigantic brush would work? And what about the formula, I have to apply three coats minumum to have a decent effect. This is such a shame because the colour really rocks!

Popular Mascaras