April 24, 2014 | 1875 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I should have checked here before I bought this eyeliner. It transfers to the upper part of my eyelid. I'm not sure if I wrote that out in the best way, but I can't think of another way to describe it.

It is very thick and does smudge. I use an eyelid primer before I put this on, and that doesn't stop it from transferring. It is very thick (as the other reviewers have noted).

There are better drugstore eyeliners out there! I will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by stephamorelocked

This is the worst eyeliner I've ever made the mistake of buying. For daily wear, it's terrible, especially if you have contacts and/or your eyes water a lot. It smudges like mad, goes on way too thick, and it doesn't set at all. It's like the oil paint of eyeliner. I can put it on it the morning and at night, it takes me almost half an hour with 2 wet cotton swabs, a Stridex pad, and a paper towel and there will still be some left. But no matter what, yes, you're just going to end up looking like a racoon unless you get used to it and have the hang of wearing it, I guess. The only thing I've managed to do successfully with this eyeliner is a smoky eye look and it's very dramatic because of its hellish smudging. The only person I'd recommend this to is Marilyn Manson.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by maybeitsphotoshop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was one of the worst purchases of my life, and I have made some unwise purchases in my time. I bought it for the first time around 2 years ago when I was just learning how to properly apply make up and, as it was relatively cheap and easy to use, I grew fond of it and it became a staple of my daily make up routine. I did notice (along with some unsightly smudging) that my eyelids were often irritated by the product, even after washing it off, but as a novice I assumed this was standard for eye make up. It wasn't until last winter that the problem became unavoidable. Prolonged exposure to this eyeliner caused dermatitis on my eyelids, i.e. it made my skin flake and peel off. It was painful and unsightly. But as this had never happened with this product before, I put it down to a bad pencil and switched to felt/liquid eyeliners as a temporary measure. I came back to this brand this week, thinking maybe it wouldn't be so bad this time. I was wrong, clearly, as my eyelids have puffed up painfully after just one day.

Even for those lucky enough not to experience these symptoms, it smudges like hell. I would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I've used many eyeliners, but this one so far is my favorite. I use it every day and it looks good no matter how I use it - thin line, thick, winged etc... and it's easy to use, unlike liquid or creme eyeliner. It's also nice that it hasn't smudged, even when I cry or work out! I even used this at my wedding when I cried like a baby because I was so confident in it...and sure enough, no smudges!! Great eyeliner!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Nakae0403

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this I loved it because it is EXTREMELY BLACK. However when I got home from school and looked at myself I looked like a raccoon. This eyeliner smudges LIKE CRAZY!!!!! It comes with a smudges on the end but there's no need for that, it does a fine job on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by catmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first got this product, I absolutely hated it for the exact reasons that everyone else on here did: it smudged so easily within minutes of wear. However it goes on so smoothly and it is extremely pigmented and I found a way to use it and now i absolutely LOVE it. Because it is so easy to blend out, I first apply it and blend out the line with the smudge brush and it gives me such a smokey look and look amazing! It wears all day on me after I smudge it out. But if you aren't planning on wearing eyeliner like this, I wouldn't recommend this product at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ehkim617

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really liked this eyeliner. The product would glide on so smoothly. It was great, so was the consistency. But the eyeliner had no staying power! I would have to put eyeshadow over it for it to stay. And after an hour, it would be gone!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

i absolutely hated this liner. no staying power at all! it isnt smooth at all and tugged on my eyelid. it would be gone like after 2 hours and would smudge all over my eyelid. i put a little on my hand and literally when i rubbed it, it dissapeared! i still have so much of this stuff, i dont even know what to do with it cuz i hate it so much.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Almaddox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This eyeliner has awesome pigmentation and it glides on smoothly. However when I went to school, went in to the bathroom after 1st period and it had completely smudged under my eyes. It is a bad eyeliner with no staying power

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I really, really wanted to LOVE this eyeliner. My best friend had it first and it always came out beautiful and smooth for her. I went and purchased it for about 9 bucks thinking it would be worth it.

YEAH RIGHT!
The only good thing about this is that it goes on soo smooth and creamy, but it's a blessing and curse because within an hour this eyeliner smudges all over my lids and lower lash line looking like a complete MESS.
Would never buy again.