November 26, 2014 | 1928 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by makeupluver23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

the color was great but wore off so fast and smudged so much .i was kind of disappointed with this product

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jab2eb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is possibly the worst eyeliner ever invented by anyone... ever. I remember trying this years ago in middle school and having it run like crazy in the middle of my Latin class. People asked me why I'd been crying and I was mortified when I went to the bathroom to see that it looked like either I'd been weeping and my mascara had run or I'd been punched in both eyes. Recently, I bought this product again, thinking that now that I'm in college with years having gone by, they MUST have corrected this problem as I'm sure I'm not the only one with such complaints. I WAS VERY WRONG. Went out to party with a bunch of cute guys and came back to see the double black eyes again. TERRIBLE PRODUCT. Do not buy!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by myrasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

***ALLERGIC REACTION WARNING!***

I actually called Maybelline and complained over the phone. I've uploaded my pictures.
I have used this eyeliner since 2010 - and loved it until now.
Something has changed because I've used this eyeliner 3 times on my waterline specifically and woken up with my eyes stuck together. YES I removed the eyeliner w/a gentle make up remover. Yellow goo & crust was streaming down my face when I awoke. SEVERELY blood shot eyes. I didn't want to believe it but I saw other reviews with the same reaction. My skin might be rejecting it - but just a heads up to other sensitive types.

NO I haven't changed my normal routine.
I do NOT wear contacts or use eye drops regularly.
YES I have only experienced symptoms using the product on my waterline. (Not as regular eyeliner on lids). I have thrown it out for safety's sake.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by ariturn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This eyeliner runs like crazy! I just applied this eyeliner 2 hours ago, and it is already running down under my eyes. Like I've bin punched in the eyes!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by rydellpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I should have checked here before I bought this eyeliner. It transfers to the upper part of my eyelid. I'm not sure if I wrote that out in the best way, but I can't think of another way to describe it.

It is very thick and does smudge. I use an eyelid primer before I put this on, and that doesn't stop it from transferring. It is very thick (as the other reviewers have noted).

There are better drugstore eyeliners out there! I will not buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by stephamorelocked

This is the worst eyeliner I've ever made the mistake of buying. For daily wear, it's terrible, especially if you have contacts and/or your eyes water a lot. It smudges like mad, goes on way too thick, and it doesn't set at all. It's like the oil paint of eyeliner. I can put it on it the morning and at night, it takes me almost half an hour with 2 wet cotton swabs, a Stridex pad, and a paper towel and there will still be some left. But no matter what, yes, you're just going to end up looking like a racoon unless you get used to it and have the hang of wearing it, I guess. The only thing I've managed to do successfully with this eyeliner is a smoky eye look and it's very dramatic because of its hellish smudging. The only person I'd recommend this to is Marilyn Manson.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by maybeitsphotoshop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was one of the worst purchases of my life, and I have made some unwise purchases in my time. I bought it for the first time around 2 years ago when I was just learning how to properly apply make up and, as it was relatively cheap and easy to use, I grew fond of it and it became a staple of my daily make up routine. I did notice (along with some unsightly smudging) that my eyelids were often irritated by the product, even after washing it off, but as a novice I assumed this was standard for eye make up. It wasn't until last winter that the problem became unavoidable. Prolonged exposure to this eyeliner caused dermatitis on my eyelids, i.e. it made my skin flake and peel off. It was painful and unsightly. But as this had never happened with this product before, I put it down to a bad pencil and switched to felt/liquid eyeliners as a temporary measure. I came back to this brand this week, thinking maybe it wouldn't be so bad this time. I was wrong, clearly, as my eyelids have puffed up painfully after just one day.

Even for those lucky enough not to experience these symptoms, it smudges like hell. I would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MrsRiggs

I've used many eyeliners, but this one so far is my favorite. I use it every day and it looks good no matter how I use it - thin line, thick, winged etc... and it's easy to use, unlike liquid or creme eyeliner. It's also nice that it hasn't smudged, even when I cry or work out! I even used this at my wedding when I cried like a baby because I was so confident in it...and sure enough, no smudges!! Great eyeliner!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Nakae0403

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this I loved it because it is EXTREMELY BLACK. However when I got home from school and looked at myself I looked like a raccoon. This eyeliner smudges LIKE CRAZY!!!!! It comes with a smudges on the end but there's no need for that, it does a fine job on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by catmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first got this product, I absolutely hated it for the exact reasons that everyone else on here did: it smudged so easily within minutes of wear. However it goes on so smoothly and it is extremely pigmented and I found a way to use it and now i absolutely LOVE it. Because it is so easy to blend out, I first apply it and blend out the line with the smudge brush and it gives me such a smokey look and look amazing! It wears all day on me after I smudge it out. But if you aren't planning on wearing eyeliner like this, I wouldn't recommend this product at all.