April 18, 2014 | 1702 users online

Scrubs - Olay - Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Can't stand the smell as others have stated! Makes me sick and I'm usually not bothered by smells.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

Before I tried this scrub, I had been using various St. Ives scrubs to exfoliate and deep clean, and finally decided they were harsh on my face even though I was only using them a couple of times a week. I randomly picked this up at Walgreens because I was feeling particularly unhappy with my pores one day while I was waiting on a prescription. First of all, I'll start with the negatives. This scrub is very hard to rinse off. I used to use it after makeup removal, but it just took too long to stand over my sink trying to get the soapy residue completely off my face, so I now use it in the shower and it seems to rinse off fine now. Another dislike is when you're about 1/3 through the container, the microbeads seem to start disappearing and all that's left is the gel. I also don't think this scrub exfoliates as well as others, but it does leave my skin clean and refreshed. I have medium-large pores on my nose, and I haven't really seen any improvement there, but that's probably because I refuse to use this more often because it contains salicylic acid, and since my favorite toner contains it too, I'm always afraid of over-use. Postive: I have combination skin and use this scrub twice a week and it doesn't irritate my skin, unlike apricot scrubs. I'm still on the fence about whether I'd buy this again. Using this twice a week for a change up of my routine has been working OK, but I'd like to try other products. Basically, I don't think this is anything special because there are similar products out there that are just as effective, but if you like other Regenerist products, why not give it a try. The $10 drugstore price tag may scare away some potential fans, but I've had mine for three months and I'm barely 1/3 through the tube, so if you're going to use this scrub twice weekly, it could last you nine months.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by JennyOo

I use this once every week or so. I love the smell of the products and my skin feels really smooth and bright afterwards.

I rotate between this and Queen Helene's Mint Juniper Mask, which helps dry out my blackheads.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by myvanity

usually these skin care products work differently on different people. i have oily combination skin. i have scars, blackheads, these little bumps on my face and a little acne.
this scrub is really good. better than any scrub i've used. better than la mer refining facial :). this product is really good for me. it made my skin smoother for one. cleared up some acne. pores were slightly refined. preetty good. i like it :) packaging... it's alright not the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by cynicalkit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this because i wanted to add a salicyclic acid face wash into my routine to help clear come clogged pores. the citric acid i didnt mind so much because my olay sensitive face wash has it also and i didnt have any reactions.

its comes out as a clear gel, which if you lather becomes like elmers glue, then i added more water and finally got to a foamy consistency i liked. the wash barely has any scubbing beads in it to make any difference.

after the first day my face was really dry, and after continuous use it started to make my skin red and raw. not only that, little milia like bumps started to appear. i immediately quit and started washing with cetaphil to calm it down. im not sure if its worth keeping, or using it once a week maybe? i feel bad for wasting my money but hey, you win some you lose some.

i havent touched this since so im not sure if im just allergic to something in it or if its just too stripping. maybe i will do an update later once my skin is good enough to try it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by thebriggs

So, my "new" skin had been giving me problems in the past few months. I'm in my late 20's and I've definitely noticed a change. I was getting weird breakout problems and lots of uneven skin tone was happening...blegh. So I decided it was time to start the anti-aging process. Let me tell you that this stuff is SO worth it. In 3 days, my face was absolutely clear and my skin is so much smoother and way more even. It smells fantastic and the price is great. Do I love paying $9 for a facial cleanser? No, but this is something that I can now not live without. And its better than paying $20 or more for a similar product from a "high-end" line. I love finding something that works so well that I can run to Target and pick up

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really like this. Cleans well, doesn't break me out, removes makeup, reduces oil, slightly refines pores, inexpensive for the amount you receive. Not a dense scrub, more like gel cleanser with exfoliating beads.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm not sure I would classify this as a scrub, I would call it more of an exfoliating wash. I expect a scrub to be thick and have more exfoliating beads. But that's just my expectation.

Overall, though, I like this. Scent is very subjective; I like the way it smells. To me, it's not as strongly scented as some Olay products, and I find it to be a pleasant scent.

It seems to clean well, and does not leave my face feeling tight. My face feels nice and smooth after using it. I think it would be a little drying for me to use daily in the winter. I am using it about 3 times a week, but may use it more in the summer.

As far as the lathering of this product, I think it's the same deal as with all lathering products, including shampoos and body washes; I think it varies based on your water. I have hard water and this lathered a bit, but not that much. I am wondering if those who say it lathers too much may have very soft water.

All in all, a good product, and priced very reasonably for the amount of product you get.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by jenaht

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

You get a lot of scrub for the money. So it IS a good value. However, if you have sensitive skin (like me) that is particularly sensitive to products with Citrus aspects to them . . stay away. I didn't read the label on the back closely enough and it contains Citric Acid.

When I used it my skin tingled . . and not in a pleasant way. But that is a sign for me to STOP. Luckily I my skin didn't get red like it does usually - but it was very overly sensitive for about 3 days after. I only used this once.

I am sure it works for some - but not for this gal. Scent didn't bother me as it seems to have bothered others. Texture of the scrub was nice and creamy with the granules. I had every reason during initial use to expect to like it. Oops.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by angelpretty333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm very surprised at the number of negative reviews of this product. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this scrub! Obviously everyone's skin is different and all products don't work the same for everyone, but I definitely recommend everyone at least try this. This scrub is gentle enough to use everyday and I've noticed a huge difference since I started using it about a week ago; I honestly saw results overnight! My skin is quite oily and I have some breakouts here and there, after using it just once, my skin was sooo much smoother and what breakouts I had had almost disappeared. I keep seeing improvements everyday since I've started using it: acne quickly healing, my skin doesn't get oily as quickly and my skin is smoother and appears less dull. My skin tends to get dry with certain products, especially scrubs, but this one hasn't dried out my skin at all. I also really like the smell of it, I don't think it smells like cheap men's shampoo at all like someone else stated, nor does it foam up a ridiculous amount (very confused about that one). I'm very particular about what face products I use and I'm very glad that I tried this one, and plan on trying other Olay Regenerist products soon. Very Happy!! :) :)