The Body Shop Mineral Foundation Brush

4.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/13/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this brush in my possession for....3-4 years? I can't remember since I stole it from my mom (then she went to get another one LOL).

I always use this brush to apply my Lucy Minerals foundation. It's no easy task since the mineral powder is soo creamy and it may apply patchy with wrong brush and/or application technique.That's why people tend to have a love/hate relationship with it. But once you know how to master it, you get yourself a champ.

Back to the brush, I was first not too happy with this, despite that the bristles are just sooooooo soft I wanna melt. I thought it was a little bit too dense, thus make the foundation looks a little too cakey for my liking. But then I found the perfect brush cleanser (Dreft dishwashing soap, it removes ANY residue) and turned this lovely little baby to that perfect density and pliability and appropriately "splayed".
Now it applies the notorious (but awesome) Lucy Minerals beautifully on my face. Perfect and even coverage (medium-full without looking like I have something on) and blend the concealer at the same time.

I can also use this to apply natural-looking blush on my cheeks and apply and blend contouring colors, too! This is the only face brush I need for my vacation. You can push it to the limit to do everything!

I like the little pouch it came with, but prefer the Brush Guard instead. I gave it to my sister as she lost hers.

Would I buy this product again? Hell, yeah! If it falls apart anytime soon, which I doubt. Me, my mom, and my sisters now can't live without this in our kit!

on 4/14/2012 5:48:00 AM

i have had this brush for 4 years now and it still works great. its so soft, it doesnt hurt my face. i love this and i bought another one already as a spare.

on 2/28/2012 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this brush for $5.00 at The Body Shop and it's great! I use it to apply my blush and I love how it feels on my skin. Definatley a bargain for 5 bucks!

on 1/20/2012 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am ok with this brush because it's sort of cheap and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.
Problem is, this brush doesn't pick up much or buff evenly (maybe my technique is wrong). I am still on the lookout for a good kabuki.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This brush is amazing! It is so soft and holds makeup well. I use it for powder, blush and bronzer. It's my favorite brush by far.

on 12/2/2011 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an awesome brush. I've had mine for over a year now, washed it a billion times and I think it's only shed a few hairs and has still kept it's shape. It's so dense and soft and is a dream to work with. I use it to apply powder foundation, but I have seen people using this type of brush to buff in liquid foundation. It is a good price compared to similar brushes by high end brands and it is just as good if not better than those. The only thing which I think would make it better is if it had some sort of a short handle instead of a base.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great brush! I didn't pay much attention when I got it because I received it in the foundation kit they were selling together--it came with the mineral foundation.

I love it! I have been using this brush for over a year, for applying my mineral foundation, powder (compact) foundation, face powder, and in my travel makeup bag in a pinch for touching up bronzer/blush.

It applies powder/mineral products with medium coverage, and buffs very nicely. It is very soft on the skin. It has started shedding a little after a year.

Overall very pleased with how soft and easy it is to use.

on 11/1/2011 12:46:00 PM

Best brush for applying mineral foundation. It feels really soft and applies the loose powder evenly. Love, love, love this product.

on 9/21/2011 10:26:00 AM

I love this brush!
It is perfect with the body shops mineral foundation range, it's smooth and it doesn't gather powder in the base!
The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because I won't ever need to, it's so good!

on 9/21/2011 9:59:00 AM

Very nice and soft brush. It comes with a small pouch to put it in.
I will repurchase.