October 30, 2014 | 1600 users online

Blush - Chanel - Les Tissages de Chanel - Blush Duo Tweed Effect

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2009 5:20:00 AM More reviews by shonascully

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm reviewing Tweed Pink.

To be honest, I thought this was pretty average. The colour is pretty and the packaging is beautiful (as usual), but that's about it IMO. Lasting power is alright, but I don't find that it lasts as long as my NARS blushes. The colour doesn't really show up that much - I suppose it's probably designed to be very subtle, but I find that I have to swipe it quite a few times to get the desired amount. I love the fact that it has a cute little brush along with it, and it's a great size, but it's so scratchy! I use it for touch ups (so I don't have to carry around another brush), but it feels horrible on my cheeks. I really would have expected better from Chanel.

All in all this doesn't seem to be worth the cost. I got it for free so I can't really complain, but I definitely won't be repurchasing another tweed blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by peo189

I totally love this blush. I have tweed pink and it gives me a glowy cheek , baby pinky .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

20 Tweed Corail: What a beautiful summer blush!! I love this blush! Yes, the pretty tweed pattern does wear off and you are left with a square of dark coral blush on the left and a square of pale coral highlighter on the right. You can swatch through both and apply to the cheeks, or, my preference, use a Nars Yachiyo brush to pick up the dark color, apply, then use the lighter side as a highlighter on the cheek bones.

I wore Tweed Corail every day this past summer. It doesn't last that long but it is a pleasure to reapply it. The highlighting in this blush is not as glowy as the Chanel JCs. My acne scarring makes the JCs impossible to wear. Tweed Corail worked even with my ice pick scars and did not settle into my pores at the end of the day.

The included brush is small but I actually found it fine for use when traveling or about town. I'd guess that this blush would take me several years to use up as I'll save it for summers only.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am reviewing tweed sienna. This is GORGEOUS! This along with a powder was my first chanel purchase!! I love it so so much! I will only use it on special occasions because it is very expensive (and i thought nars was pricey...) but it is definitely my new favorite blush :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by onmanee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is actually my first CHANEL Blush. Normally, I don't like chanel blush that much because every time I tried at the counter it seems like the pigment is not good enough for my standard. But this one the pigment is really good and easy to apply with hint of shimmery not too much ( I bought the Corail // orange and pink ). The only complain about this blush is the tweed effect it's just on the top of the pan, once you keep using it the pretty tweed effect will goes away (how sad!) I think they should make to make the tweed effect last for the whole pan. This is a lovely orange pink blush I would recommended. I wish the brush that come with could be a little softer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I got this product on a vacation. Usually, I'd just get this kind of thing at home, but I really loved the way it looked. It's so pretty! It is highly pigmented and with a light application - it gives a natural glowy-flush. This is definitely my new favorite!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update II: Down graded the rating to a 4. This is b/c after the tweed topping is gone this becomes a one note hard to swipe blush. It's kinda reminiscent of the old Irelle blushes. I still use it but it takes a lot longer to get a color payoff now. I feel cheated.

Reviewing for Tweed Rose; which exchanged with Orchid Rose (more orange than rose IMO). Love it so far, and don't worry about the sparkle b/c it's not disco glitter. I'm not sure if it even shows up much. For reference, I've been using Mocha for a few years, and wanted try something new.

Update I: This is perfection & I think I love it more than Mocha! I have never seen any other powder blush give me a dewy in love look to my cheeks, like this one does. This color is great for my light olive skin. No orange cheeks. Woohoo!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by semele

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is so beautiful. I love the Corail for everyday, with lipsticks in reds or soft, neutral and natural pinks -- it gives a very natural, warm glow to my complexion. For a more elegant and sophisticated look, I use the Pink on just the apples of my cheeks, over the Corail. It looks gorgeous on my fair skin -- just the right amount of color. Other blushes I love (all Chanel, of course!) are the old Tempting Beige, Enigma, In Love and Turbulent (applied with a very light hand on the apples, over Toundra Bronzer--also lightly applied-- for a stunning summer wash of color). As always, you can't go wrong with innovative Chanel. By the way, I love the delicate shimmer in the Tweed Effect blushes when first opened; that bit of glitter dissipates, however, and is completely gone after a number of uses. . .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ajkelly_44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in coral, have fair warm-toned skin. It was a *beautiful* color on me, very fresh and spring-y and I got a few compliments. But—I like a natural look, and though the glittery flecks in this are small, they are present, and several times a day I looked in the mirror and felt like I had way too much makeup on (because of the glitter; I'm totally not used to it). I returned this and am on the search for a copy cat of this blush with a pearl finish instead of glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by socalwahine

I saw the wonderfully adorable Keri Russell wearing this color on a cover of LUCKY magazine. She had just the perfect "I've-played-all-day-in-the-snow" cheeks but still looked sophistacated and natural. I was not disappointed when the Chanel SA tried out the color on me. The coral is a natural color, just the right amount of pink-coral-peach with the slightest amount of sparkle. It is similar to NARS Orgasm but Chanel has a longer staying power and does not fade.