November 22, 2014 | 1918 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lavender Essential Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I have a stash of about 50 different oils - base oils and essentials - and lavender is by far my favourite. I've recently discovered how effective it is for cold sores - the type that seem like spots to begin with but start to grow and throb. I dab them very carefully just before bed and by morning they've shrunk. I can then use lavender gel to make sure they go away completely. Another use I've found is for mild to moderate earache. I put a few drops on a small piece of cotton wool then plug my ear with it. The earache goes within a couple of hours. For more severe pain, warm (not hot) olive oil does the trick (with me, it's almost always caused by hardened wax). I also use lavender oil for insect bites, burns, cuts and sore skin. I can't tell you the number of times I've managed to avoid having to have stitches for cuts by applying lavender oil and watching as my cut heals over a few days. Although some aromatherapists advise you don't take any essential oils internally, I find a drop or two in hot water helps clear up a sore throat. If you can only afford one essential oil buy this one!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by mommykevin

i love osadhi lavender essential oil, 1 or 2 drop of it mix with 5ml extra virgin olive oil, stir well and make it as your night cream. if you have acne, take cottonbud, add 1 drop of lavender eo and take it to your acne, it helps reduce your red acne in one night

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in love with lavender oil. The scent literally melts away any stress and lulls me to sleep. I originally bought a bottle of Aura Cacia lavender essential oil (can be found at Whole Foods or other health food stores) to use as a spot treatment for minor pimples. I dab on a tiny bit as a spot treatment and this definitely helps dry out pimples without being overly harsh on my skin.

I sometimes also mix in just a very tiny amount (less than a drop- you can just dab onto a Q-tip) into my toner and/or moisturizer if my skin acts up due to irritation or hormonal acne--I dab the slightest amount onto a cotton pad soaked with Dickinson's Witch Hazel toner, or into my moisturizer. Lavender oil has antibacterial properties and isn't as harsh as other oils, provided you dilute and do not apply too much at once. I also love to dab a tiny bit onto my wrists and inhale the scent before I go to bed- it calms my senses like nothing else.

Be sure to get the 100% pure lavender oil from health food stores- it's worth the extra cost since it has no added ingredients. There are so many uses--from spot treatment, to addition to moisturizer/toner, aromatherapy, dandruff control (if a tiny bit is added to shampoo), etc., I cannot be without lavender oil. It's a staple in my medicine cabinet.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by MissEElizabeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LouZettie: Here's a wonderfully in depth explanation for why your source is probably wrong. Lavendar oil does more good than harm. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by LouZettie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have recently read that lavender oil is not good for the skin, that it, in fact, causes cell damage. So, I will avoid any and all skin care products that contain lavender. As a fragrance and for relaxing purposes, I love it and will continue to use it in that way. I have several lavender plants and put the flowers in satches and also use cuttings in floral arrangements. I love the smell of lavender.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by cankcank

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lavender works for everything! It's antibacterial, soothing scent, dab it on mozzie bites to stop them itching... Nb though, if applying this to sensitive skin make sure to dilute with water or carrier oil, depnding on your purposes, as it's powerful and can irritate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to think lavender was for old ladies. But since I read up on the essential oil, and started using it as an acne spot treatment, I am in absolute awe of it! I still don't find the scent that appealing, but its antiseptic, calming and healing properties are simply amazing. This is the best spot treatment I have ever used, usually it will kill a pimple in a day or two - while being very mild, gentle and completely natural.

Now I buy all kinds of cosmetic products with lavender in them; shaving cream, lotion, hand cream, shampoo/conditioner - I even bought a big lavender bush for my balcony! Purple was always my favourite colour anyway ^_^

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by hotbeautybitch

I use it just on my Body if any itchiness occurs. So, I donĀ“t feel it anymore. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by margaret7673

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is amazing! i put it in my lotion just a few drops and i also put this in my shampoo. my hair is smooth. not "oily smooth" like what conditioners do to my hair. just smooth and the smell lasts whole day. and FIY i live in a tropical country so it is humid here

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

I use on acne so prevent scarring :)

But has tons of other uses!