Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

on 10/29/2013 11:54:00 PM

I purchased this foundation with high hopes, as the Sephora Employee matched it on my skin, and the color was perfect! She raved about how amazing this product is, and how natural it looks on the skin while still having great coverage. This however was not the case. A few hours into my first day of use it had oxidized and settled into my 25 year old "lines" - which is ridiculous! It looks crusty and separated around my problem zones and a few blemished I am struggling with, which was why I wanted to try something new in the first place. I am returning it tomorrow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I personally really love this foundation. I have acne-prone and sensitive skin. It covers scars well and doesn't seem to make me break-out. I also have oily skin and it does seems to control oil pretty well. I can kind of see how other reviewers have had trouble applying it as it is fuller coverage and can dry kind of fast. But I honestly don't have problems applying it. I like to have full coverage so I use a cosmetic wedge and gently pat the foundation on my skin. In areas that I don't want maximum coverage, like under my eyes, I gently "wipe" the cosmetic sponge wedge, with some product on it, under my eyes and then gently pat it with a clean section of the sponge to make any application lines disappear. I finish the foundation off with the original formula mineral veil from Bare Escentuals. So yeah, that's how I apply to stuff and I hope that all makes sense.

on 7/27/2013 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I have been waiting and waiting to buy this.. I got this at sephora and I was like wow 50$ this better be my holy grail... I was kinda of bummed about some of the reviews and hard it was to blend. But when I got home I used my beauty blender and ran it in water and squeezed the excess out and put some moisturizer on my beauty blender and foundation a it worked great.. Blending it was easy ... Through out the day it started to oxidize bad.. and it settled so bad in my lines I'm 23 .. And it aged me it made me look fifty!! Im returning this and getting something else ... Right now 15$ cover girl stay fabulous kicks this foundations ass!! pissed off consumer.

on 6/11/2013 12:41:00 PM

I use my tinted moisturizer every single day and oh my gosh i love it! it goes on smoothly onto my skin, and gives me a natural finishing look like I'm not wearing any makeup. it leaves your skin very smooth and silky! I have been using this for years and won't stop. Seriously the best tinted moisturizer on the market! everyone should go out and try this one!

on 5/23/2013 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love the foundation but it gives me whiteheads after a few days of wearing it. Yuck.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is gross. I normally love laura Mercier products. This one dries so fast, i put it on my skin and within no joke maybe 20 seconds it dried into a clump. It left my face super streaky , it will not blend even with tons of lotion added. I returned this and go my normal foundation!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 4/26/2013 1:25:00 PM

The only way I can use this foundation is to mix it in my hand with a drop or two of glycerine. The color is beautiful but the formula is a heavy coverage cakey mask that settles into lines terribly. After wearing this stuff for an hour I am horrified when I look in the rear view mirror of my car and see how it has settled and turned patchy. Very disappointing and I will not repurchase.

on 4/17/2013 10:48:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, especially considering how much I love most of Laura's products. This foundation felt tacky, and went on very streaky. It was super hard to blend too! I ended up exchanging it for the moisture supreme foundation which I ended up really liking a lot.

on 3/12/2013 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation seemed great at first . But it wipes off so easily and appears so cakey! It was a step up from MAC studio fix but it was not worth the price for not staying on. I switch to Estée Lauder Double Wear Camouflage which is exactly what I was looking for !!

on 3/9/2013 11:05:00 PM

This foundation looks like pancake makeup. Very thick and cakey looking. I have combo skin and it starts to get slimy and greasy looking after just a few hours. Definitely looks like a full coverage mask on the skin.