Sephora FACE Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

3.4

on 11/10/2010 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Actually it's a gentle eye make up remover but it's too oily for me. I have to wipe my eyes with tissue or cotton afterwards. It removes my waterproof liquid eyeliner but I have to wipe my eyes so many times when it comes to waterproof mascara. But I think, it's definitely worth its price as it's quite cheap. Still, I won't repurchase this eye make up remover because I believe that there are better eye make up removers out there.

on 10/3/2010 1:50:00 PM

I bought this about two weeks ago from Sephora and I'm going to go return it because it takes WAY too many attempts at removing mascara for it to come off, it leaves some kind of greasy residue on my eye area and for the price I paid, I'd expect a little more from this. It's not expensive but it's not cheap. I think that having to rub at your eyes with this stuff is a really bad thing for your skin. It does great with regular eye shadow but mascara (non-waterproof even) is a different story and I need to wipe and wipe and wipe to get the mascara off and I feel like this is going to damage my skin. The skin under your eyes is so delicate and rubbing at it can't be good. So, back to Sephora this goes. It just isn't good enough.

on 6/28/2010 6:21:00 PM

not sure why but everytime i use this my eyelids instantly dry up and are itchy for the rest of the day! even AFTER i put on eye cream! =(
i really wanted this to work because it does easily remove my eye makeup, but it's just a pain to deal with itchy, red eyes all day. guess it's back to the old drawing board for efficient makeup removers.

on 6/24/2010 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The only cons are that this make up remover leaves behind eye liner residue so it doesn't pick up everything. It also doesn't remove waterproof mascara or cream eye liner completely. But that's what using a facial cleanser after is for.

on 6/20/2010 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is an okay product. It's certainly better than the drugstore eye-makeup removers This is supposed to be for waterproof makeup, but I find it takes too many swipes and lots of remover to get all my non-waterproof mascara off. It certainly works better than the drugstore brands I've used (Rimmel, Maybelline). I think it's because it has the 2-part solution you have to mix.

Right now, I'm not sure if it's just allergy season, but I'm finding that the product makes my eyes hot and itchy after using. At $13 a bottle, this isn't a terrific or terrible product; just average. It works for me at the moment, but when I run out, I may try the L'Oreal one.

UPDATE: Just bought the Equate version of the Neutrogena remover (has two liquid parts to it) and this beats Sephora's hands down. It's also loads cheaper.

on 4/27/2010 1:37:00 PM

I usually use the Lancome Bi Facil Eye Makeup Remover.
However, I had to find another alternative because the Lancome eye makeup remover is a bit expensive. This one is a great alternative and works just as well! It removes waterproof eyeliner really well. You have to shake it first though. It hydrates my skin and does not irritate my eyes. I will definately buy this again. The price is not bad!! MY new HG eye makeup remover!!

on 3/15/2010 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Overall, I like this product. I was using only drugstore eye makeup removers for awhile and they were just not cutting it. They were either too oily, or too drying, or just plain didn't work. I did some research and was about to buy Lancôme's Bi-Facil but I saw this eye makeup remover on Sephora's website with some pretty good reviews. For the price, I decided to give it a try. And I'm pretty impressed. I usually use a towelette (Neutrogena or Kirkland) to remove my make-up including my eyes and then wash my face with my normal cleanser. Anything left over, I just shake up the bottle and use the eye make-up remover on a pad or tissue to get rid of. For me, this doesn't seem oily at all and it seems to easily remove mascara, eye shadow, & eyeliner. I don't have to tug very hard at all and a good tip like others have mentioned is to soak up a cotton pad & leave it on your eyes for a minute so the product can loosen your makeup before removing it. I even use this on my waterline to get rid of eyeliner and have experienced no irritation. I do get tempted to try Lancôme's remover but I remind myself that this is just an eye make-up REMOVER so there really isn't any need to spend an exorbitant amount of money when this Sephora brand one does the same thing for much cheaper. Plus, I don't need much. Just a few drops on a cotton pad. One bottle can easily last me 6-7 months. Definitely worth trying.

on 1/21/2010 12:31:00 PM

I give this product a resounding 'meh'. It's too oily for my liking, but it does manage to get my mascara and eyeliner off better than say, Loreal's Gentle Eye Make-up Remover (<-- bleh). I wash my face after using the Sephora brand, but an oily residue still seems to remain. I would buy it again if just needed to grab something cheap & basic, but it's not great.

I think this stuff is a substitute for my Lancome. I know some people don't like it, but I think it works fine for me and I use waterproof liner and mascara (not everyday). There isn't a funny smell or anything. I would recommend since it's like super cheap!

on 11/29/2009 10:02:00 PM

I figured SEPHORA would know our makeup needs from A to Z but apparently they missed the boat on eyemakeup remover. This was the worst remover I ever used..smelled weird, did not get any makeup off (no it was not waterproof) and it left my skin feeling dry afterwards.