July 23, 2014 | 1284 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere Body Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Tellitlikeitis2

Giving this a no for now, I sure did like this in the store but maybe all the other smells had my nose a little twisted. I mean it does not smell that bad but something is off about it. IDK I am up in the air about this one right now. On a good note the smell of this lotion last forever I just keep on smelling it on my skin and it does make my skin a little soft. I will finish it but IDK if I will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I was allergic to other things in this line and that was the same case with this..although I've never been allergic to any of their products before.

But it smelled pleasant in the store and when I used it the scent became way too powerful and I felt almost sticky afterwards

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by brandylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift and I am pretty neurtal about it. I don't have very dry skin, so I can't say that is has great moisturizing qualities but the scent isn't too bad. It's very sweet but after using the Temptations Frosting Forever product (which was soooooo discustingly sweet after using it for like a week), this is a bearable fragrance although it does smell a little 'off'. Like I said, for people who are severly dry this might be a very good product but since I don't need anything heavy duty, I will not pay $17 for this product when I can use lotions in B+B's signature line and get them when they are on sale! This product was advertised great (seemed so luxurious and soft) and sounded great (good sales techniques I guess) but it's really nothing special in my opinion. The pump idea is also a waste and when you pump only a little tiny bit comes out (now that I think about this, I should be reviewing the body lotion NOT body cream- oh well)..I did however LOVE the purely silk lotions (especially in warm vanilla sugar) so I'd rather use that before buying this again, although those may have been discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an example of an excellent product--like Dove Cream Oil body washes--that simply has too much invasive scent. In this case, the scent is a very buttery, plastic, semi-sweet vanilla that I don't find especially pleasant. The product does deliver on moisturizing, however, without being overly greasy or hard for the skin to absorb. It bears some similarity in feel to the Purely Silk composition, but without PS's tendency to ball up on the skin.

My skin has not been softer; this outperforms my normal Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Butter cream by leaving the skin somewhat silkier. The moisturizing results last until the next shower and, depending on the type of soap used, may last through a shower, making it unnecessary to apply it on a daily basis.

I found this cream to sink into the skin in a reasonable amount of time. I do not like to wait for moisturizers to absorb so I can get dressed, and this one passes muster with only about a ten-minute waiting period.

Overall, a product that delivers on its performance objectives but fails in the subjective arena of scent. I found the scent to compete with my perfume, even though I had only applied the cream to my legs, far from any area I had applied the perfume. This cream could be worn as scent du jour; the scent has quite an extended lasting power.

Those familiar with Warm Vanilla Sugar and the Rice and Shea scent will find a similarity here.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by weedlebug

My hubby purchased a jar of this wonderful cream for me for Christmas. I absolutely love it! The texture is that of a decadent souffle, and the fragrance is sumptuous! Ordinarilly, I don't care for vanilla-based scents, but this one resembles the fragrance of a fabulous buttercream frosting--and I just can't resist!! I use the cream right before bed, and I wake up every morning feeling soft, smooth, and wonderfully scented. I think I'm addicted!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. Moisturizes well. Layers well with the vanilla sugar. I wish they would come out with a matching fragrance.
update 2013: I guess either my skin has changed or the formula has changed. This does nothing for me now. Does not moisturize at all.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by JC1976

I am really picky about my body lotions. They need to smell pleasant but not overwhelming - I work in a professional setting and I never wear perfume to the office.

I have no idea what cashmere is supposed to smell like, but this lotion has a very faint vanilla scent or maybe honeysuckle.

The quality of the butter is outstanding - it sinks right in and dries very quickly. I hate lotions that just sit on your skin.

It's not too expensive IMO - a decent body butter at a drugstore will run you $12-14, so this is in the neighborhood. It should last me about 4 months if I wear it every day, so $17.50 is worth it to me. I am sure they'll go on sale after Xmas too.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by devink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This review is for the body wash. I love the smell, feel and look of this body wash. It smells divine - like buttery cookies, it truly smells edible and feels very silky and creamy on the skin.

What I do not like it the packaging - a screw off cap (a flip cap would be better) that is hard to use in a shower. Also dissapointed in the lather of the product - it doesn't lather well. Maybe this is due to its highly moisturizing ingredients. You need to use quite a bit to get a good lather, and at $15 for a tube, I don't want to use alot of product each time I shower.

It also gives me a very slight sticky feeling after rinsing that goes away once I dry off.
That said, the scent and shea/cashmere content makes me still want to try the body cream and lotions from this line. It has a luxurious look and feel to it.
Overall a mediocre body wash for alot of money. Imay use it in the bath as a bath gel instead to get more use from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by chinamay524

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A really nice moisturizing and indulgent product. Smells nice and skin feels so cashmere-y smooth Would buy it again even though the price is high. Well worth the indulgence!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jellybeansrus

I absolutely love this product. The scent is to die for. Every time I wear it, somebody compliments the way I smell. It's a rich, sweet, exotic smell and it soften your skin like no other lotion. I pair it up with Caress' Cashmere Luxury Silkening body wash and the two together make a wonderful layered scent combination. This one is worth at least smelling. I will for sure buy this one again. I use it every day. It's wonderful!!!!