April 17, 2014 | 1895 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter Shea

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i hate the smell of this. its very moisturizing but i cannot stand the smell. the body shop claims its a very neutral smell but to me it just smells very musty.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by WindyRain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Amazing product. Bought it after smelling a small 'try me' tub at the outlet. Has a heavenly fragrance - you cant help inhaling the warm sweet nutty fragrance once it's on you. Besides the wonderful smell, it has a good packaging and is easy to use. Moreover it does what it says - moisturizes extremely dry skin. In summers my skin is normal, so don't really feel the need for it except when Im in a mood to have a nice smelling cream on me :D However in winters, especially right after a shower, my skin tends to get very dry and this works perfectly for me. A perfect body butter, highly recommended!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is by far my favorite body cream. It is thick and moisturizing and lasts for 24 hours on me. The scent is amazing and I am totally in love with it. I love everything Shea from The Body Shop.
It should be said that this is more geared for drier skin and not normal skin. This stuff seriously is amazing in how much it softens the skin and melts into it right after showering. I cannot use this in summer because it is too heavy but for Fall and Winter it is my go-to moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This smells really good, but it's too thick and greasy to be very practical for me. It's nice if you're just going to bed or if you need something that feels really thick, but I find it really heavy and uncomfortable, particularly in warm weather. Buy if you like thick moisturizers and you don't care if it doesn't absorb quickly.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this body butter because I needed another item to get the buy 3 get 3 free sale. So it was completely on a whim that I got this scent. Lets just say I won't buy this one again, because the smell is awful to me. I immediately think of this thick, goopey lotion my mother always used growing up and it makes me gag a little. I think I'll end up giving this one to her. The formula I assume is like that of all the body butters, but I just can't get passed the smell to even try it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

I bought a small version of this body butter, after having already fallen in love with the olive body butter. This one is very rich and perfect for elbows, knees and hands - I don't really use it all over my body as I find it too thick. The smell is nutty and warm, which I like - however, after going to L'Occitane en Provence and smelling real 100% shea butter, the Body Shop's shea body butter smells nothing like the real thing. Sort of weird. Anyway, I will probably keep buying this as it is a good general body butter. The olive one still tops my list though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

It's a rich body moisturiser that smells of shea. I bought it for the nice smell it has. As my skin is combination and oily most of the time I don't reach out for this product much. Mostly use it on dry patches or after getting sun. I also find that it takes a bit of time for the product to sink in. Yet I am assuming that for someone with dry skin the product might work very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have purchased this many times, it's my favorite body butter of all time. It has a nice subtle scent that is sexy and warm but doesn't clash with my perfume. It's very moisturizing but not greasy at all. The most impressive thing about this body butter is that it doesn't bother my very sensitive skin at all even though its scented.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by LoreleiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love how the smell won't leave my body for hours. So divine.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Pay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like most of their products it smells wonderful and it moisturizes well. I do like this body butter