The Body Shop Body Butter Shea

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

from Amazon.com: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil (Emollient), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), F D & C Yellow No 5 (Colour).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a rich body butter with no scent that I noticed. Good for dry skin but my skin isn't particularly dry. Good if you want to use another scent or perfume as it does not have a strong scent unlike most other body shop products. I prefer something with a scent though.

on 2/5/2014 10:00:00 AM

I got a sample of this stuff when I bought a few other TBS products. I tried it on when I got home and I absolutely loved it!! The smell is amazing to me!
After I ran out of the sample I bought the full-sized one, and I think it's one of my all time favorites. I keeps your skin well moisturised during the day and I could just feel I put it on, my skin was super soft all day long.
I am absolutely in love with this product and I'd recommend this to anyone!

on 2/1/2014 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my god. You guys. This body butter. You guys. OH MY GOD. This stuff is WONDERFUL! I found a mini jar of this in a half off gift basket at Ulta, and quickly snatched it up. It smells so dang good...I literally slathered it on moments ago and as I'm typing I find my nose keeps wandering over to my shoulder for one big sniff. Like all Body Shop body butters, this is super moisturizing without being greasy, and I think is my favorite scent out of all the ones I've tried so far. Definitely repurchasing!

on 1/24/2014 9:24:00 AM

This was purchased at a great price as a result of a store closing down in my neighborhood. I got the large size of the body butter not really being concerned with the scent.
This is not normally a scent I would have picked...to me its almost manly...but the smell dissipates quickly. This butter is lovely and thick. It's not greasy and absorbs into the skin well. As I am getting to the end of my jar I am liking it more and more. I wont repurchase right away. I have other lotions to finish.

on 1/14/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Thick and moisturizing, just like all of TBS body butters but not a fan of the smell. My brother in law loves the Shea scent though. It has a nutty unisex scent, I prefer more girlish scents.

on 1/5/2014 10:45:00 AM

It always amuses me when people say that this doesn't smell like a shea butter product from another company. The thing is, pure unrefined 100% shea butter absolutely stinks like rancid old nuts. So if a company like the Body Shop is going to make a shea product, they're going to want to add some other fragrance - trust me, you don't want want it to smell of pure shea. They've done this well with this body butter.
The fragrance is hard to pinpoint - soft, sweet buttery floral. The texture is the thicker type, which is good for my dry elbows. Might be a bit too heavy for summer, but perfect for applying to dry spots in winter, or just before bed. I'd definitely buy again.

on 12/28/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It has a nice creamy and thick consistency and does a great job of keeping my skin supple and soft. I like to use it after I get out the shower and my skin is still a bit damp so that I can seal in the moisture. I do like the scent a lot and can't wait to try the body mist soon. This and the Moringa and strawberry body butters are my favorite scents from TBS so far.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Im really liking this, with it being winter and frigid outside! My skin gets all dry and cracks if im not careful. I got a sample of this from Body shop last month when i brought a couple of other things from there and use it after i shower. It goes in well, smells ok and moisturises decently. I dont think id be able to use it in summer though, might be too heavy! But will def buy some once this sample runs out.

I have very dry skin, and in this cold months nothing would keep my skin moisturized, until i saw on Youtube, someone talk about how amazing this Body Shop Butter is.
I picked the Shea Butter, I loved the smell, and it is the best product i have ever used that really has helped me for the dryness of my skin.
I apply it in the morning and, and at night my legs feel so soft!

I totally recommend this!!

on 12/27/2013 4:53:00 AM

i hate the smell of this. its very moisturizing but i cannot stand the smell. the body shop claims its a very neutral smell but to me it just smells very musty.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products