The Body Shop Body Butter Shea

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

from Amazon.com: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil (Emollient), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), F D & C Yellow No 5 (Colour).

I've been using the Shea Body Butter for a few weeks now. I read a lot of positive reviews before I purchased a 300ml tub. I'm not sure what everyone has been raving on about but I'm not impressed. Yes it smells nice, yes it's thick which is why I purchased this as a "little" goes a long way. This is true, however, this did not sink into my skin nor did it leave my skin soft. I have very dry skin hence the purchase. This did nothing for me. My skin is still rough despite using it everyday. I would not purchase this again. It smells great and that's about it. I will stick to the Mango Butter which leaves my skin super soft. You will end up using more due to the consistency compared to the Shea but it's worth it as it really delivers. If you have very dry skin, stick to Mango.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this body butter on and off for the last 10 years, in cold climates and hot and humid climates, and this works great in any climate! Not too oily and absorbs into the skin like a dream. I love this scent the best IMO out of all the body butters...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I received the Shea Body Butter along with the Cocoa body butter as Christmas gifts and let me just say these products are amazing! I've never tried anything from the "The Body Shop" before now because I don't know of any locally. They are extremely moisturizing so they are perfect for the winter months.They are so thick and creamy and they smell so good! I love these body butters so much so I placed an order on the body shop website for more! These are my new favorite body moisturizers! They are definitely worth a try...

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received this last Christmas and it smells fantastic, leaving a smooth and exotic feel to my body.
Also, it creates a lot of bubbles in the bath - Which I love !!!!

Smell good but after use it leaves on my skin sticky feeling and not moisturized. Won't buy again

Ahhh yes, the infamous Body Shop Body Butters. I went into the store in January and saw that they were having a clearance on all the Christmas packs one of the packs came with a medium Shea Body Butter and Shea Lip Butter for 10$. Oh mah gawd, I could not stop putting this on! I would apply it to my legs after shaving and on my elbows and hands too. It's got a slightly chunkier texture to the other butters which is a little strange but I like it neverless. The next day my skin felt so smooth!

Smells so good!
I had this scent in a lip butter years ago and I hated the lip butter but I remember how amazing it smelled so when I wanted a new body butter I ordered the Shea scent. It smells so amazing I can't stop sniffing it.
The consistency is very thick but it's really not greasy and it sinks in really fast/easily.
Love it!

This is wonderful stuff - deeply hydrating, but not greasy or tacky. For a cream this thick, I am always amazed at how quickly and cleanly it absorbs. Smells good too. This cream is very soothing for my dry skin, especially in winter.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This Shea butter is wonderful for my dry, sensitive skin. On my skin it smells divine.
It seems that people either love or hate the smell, possibly because their natural skin chemistry works with tbs fragrance or, unfortunately not. Btw, those who think that L'occitane Shea butter smell is a "natural shea smell" are mistaken. I always buy unprocessed shea butter imported from women's cooperatives and it has very thick texture, darker yellow color and very distinctive smell - nothing like either tbs, nor L'occitane. Also, the natural shea butter is much more difficult to spread.
In any case, tbs shea butter is soft, easily absorbed and leaves skin very well moisturized, yet without oily film. For my skin, it is for cold, windy days but also during warmer months.
The only negative is the container, though sealed, was barely 1/2 full. Not sure if that was just one-off, or tbs skimming the product in effort to save $$.
Outside of this issue, I would buy this shea butter again because of the way it feels and smells on my hands, and because it absorbs so quickly, there is no waiting required. Love.

This is a rich body butter with no scent that I noticed. Good for dry skin but my skin isn't particularly dry. Good if you want to use another scent or perfume as it does not have a strong scent unlike most other body shop products. I prefer something with a scent though.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products