September 22, 2014 | 1867 users online

Crème - Smashbox - Camera Ready Full Coverage Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Aae08

I did not like this product. It was thin and heavy. Hard to explain.
When I applied, I found it to be thin. It took forever for me to apply!!! If I touched my face as I was putting on the foundation, it would come off in that spot and I would have to do that part again.
It never covered the redness of my nose so I would have to smother it on. I ended looking like I was wearing a mask. Everywhere else covered nicely, though.
I had to moisturize a lot because it made me look VERY dry. Sometimes, it looked so heavy.
The worst part was that I had to consciously remember NOT to touch my face because I knew that the foundation would come off.
One time, I wiped my cheek and everything came right off!

I found that there was not enough product for the price. Before I knew it, I was almost out!

The packaging is nice. Comes with a really nice, soft brush. If you use the brush, you have to work fast because it leaves streaks.

Another plus is that the foundation was a perfect match to my skin tone. Literally, I have NEVER found one that was my perfect match.

In the end, I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Dollface303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Simply put, Smashbox would have a home run on their hands if they had more "pink" tones and not so much "yellow". I am F0 and frankly when I put this on the coverage is good but I look like I have jaundice when I wear it....

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by sonig302000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am soooo mad. Not only did I pay an arm and a leg for this product, but the lady color matched me WRONG!!!! She gave me D1...I am an NC44 with MAC. This might be why my husband was calling me Snooki all day...YA THINK! Moving past that....the foundation itself was not at all what I expected. I was told that it was full coverage...NOT! it didnt cover jack! I will never purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by intheglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this foundation after a friend highly recommended it.
I loved the packaging and everything about it.
I got the lightest shade I was able to find (and my skin is really really pale), and it seemed worth a shot (I purchased online). All was good until I realized the shade I got (FAIR F0) was too yellow and dark. :( So it was over before it began.

As far as coverage goes, it's almost perfect, and at first, so silky and nice. Unfortunately, it tended to melt on my skin, so much so that even oil-absorbing sheets wouldn't work; they just slid around on my skin. Yuck~
Furthermore, the price was a huge splurge on my part, and yes, with make-up it's always a gamble, but this time I guess I just lost.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by briestoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am going to tell you a few things .
1. I wanted to adore this . I love the brush , I love the coverage , I love the smoothness it imparts
2. if this was a drugstore product I would be giving 5 lippies across the board
3. the color selection is horrible BECAUSE they have so many shades in the light fair medium category and 1( ONE!!) in dark...
and there in lies the problem .

I CAN wear this , just use a powder over it or a concealer under it to mix the color and make it right and if this was a 5.00 product , sure but at 38.00 I expect to LOVE the color or it goes back to Sephora . and that is where it goes today .
IF Smashbox gets a two or three color dark ( some yellow tones! WARMS AND COOLS!)I would gladly -GLADLY- buy it again but as for now , no .

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by kokonotchanel

While this is certainly not the best foundation I've come across it isn't at all bad. I do have a couple of issues with it but that is mostly down to my own skin.
It is a meduim to full coverage foundation and for such a heavy formula it feels surprisingly light on the skin. It also gives a really matte finish. It comes with a brush in the compact which is like a softer version of those that come with Benefit boxed blushers. I used a normal foundation brush to get a good base and then used the accompanying brush to add another light layer and blend and I was really impressed by the finish. Because it does turn to powder on the skin it is not a good choice for those with any dry skin as it will only look more obvious.
I unfortunatly picked the wrong shade; being as pale as pale gets I immediately went for Fair F0 but it is distinctly yellow toned and given that I am distinctly pink toned its not exactly a dream match. Overall I wouldn't repurchase but I would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Mam2295

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i love this foundation! it's so creamy and makes my skin look flawless! and i dont even have to use a lot of product. i use it with my Sonia Kashuk Flat Top brush and it works just fine. i haven't used the brush it come with but its so soft and it feels like its a good quality brush. i have fair skin with pink undertones & i got it in the shade Fair F2. it matches my skin beautifully.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Hyt831

bought this when I was tanner, but due to a car accident, i had to stay in for the longest time, i went from a nc40 to a nc20. I find that i looks better with this foundation was I was tanner. I got the lighter shade to match my skin now, it looks very ashy! :/ the foundation was hydrating tho, so i dont know where the ashy part comes in..-.-
the packing is not really all that, when swiping the brush in it, the product gets all over the compact. Although I have to say the brush that came with it has a pretty good quality! :) it is soft and dense. but i use it for my highlight instead (since i have two).
one more thing, this thing runs out fast! i literally used a pan a month when I used to use it daily! Crazy!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tried this product yesterday at sephora, and when she put it on me i knew that i didnt like it but when i looked in the mirror it took the cake. it was NOT at all full coverage, it made my acne scars more noticiable (Sorry for spelling) and it was cakey and looked like i sweated through it it was just terrible!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Indigirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a creme-to-powder full coverage foundation for a change, and hence I wanted to like this, but it's not worth it. The price is way too high for the quality and the amount of use you will get. I used it up more quickly than the second creme-to-powder I tried, MAC's Studio Tech, which was also cheaper.

It does not come in enough colors, regardless of the hype the sales staff at Sephora will tell you about how it doesn't need many because these colors are "advanced" (or something like that) and will match more skin tones than normal makeup colors!

I bought it in "fair 1," I believe, which was the closest match. But still, when my skin was dry it would settle onto flaky, peachy-orangey patches on top of my more pink and red-tinted natural skin. Very unnatural-looking and ugly.

I'm giving it 2 lippies, though, because it does deliver very full coverage when first applied and seems to last long. However, as it was not the same color as my skin, I had to cover every inch of my face with the stuff or it would be obvious (this no doubt contributed to it running out very fast). And, of course, it will not look right if part is smudged off or your skin is dry.