October 2, 2014 | 918 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by anonymousjoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a a primer that would help my sensitive, dry skin and after finally finding a foundation that seemed pale enough for my skin - MUFE HD Foundation in 110, which now seems too orange on me- I bought the primer to go with. Unfortunately this was a huge mistake. This product really irritated my skin; it felt tight, dried out, and too hot and it did not help the foundation at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by nikitax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Like many others have mentioned this thing does absolutely nothing except to irritate your skin.

I used it under my MUFE HD foundation and I didn't feel any difference at all. ( I tried neutral and green )

Stay away form this product if you have redness and/or very sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

After failing to find a good primer in the drugstores, I have decided to seek out samples of Sephora's high end, yet expensive brands. This primer is okay but not for me. I have a sample of the white formula. I like that it absorbs quickly but I find myself needing to use too much to cover my face. I don't think I could keep spending $34 on a full size bottle to keep up. And it doesn't leave my face any smoother or better looking beforehand. I like that it holds my foundation steady and does not make it hard to apply and blend. Would not purchase a full bottle. Up until right now, I was not aware that there were other colors/types of this primer. Perhaps one of the other ones would work good for me but I will just try other brands in the mean time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Doga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a 5ml sample in 0 - neutral from a kind Sephora SA, who reccommended this as a product just for my needs.

I have combo skin with dry cheeks and as I wear liquid foundation (with a primer) only in winter, I needed no mattifying oil control stuff.

My main concern is to prolong a staying power of a liquid and to smooth my rough dry flakey skin.

This primer actually works for that. I used it under my MUFE HD liquid.

It applies smoothly, does not dry my skin, makes fndt application easier. Foundation looks better, no pores visible, it helped with the flakiness/surface issues.

The foundation really stayed longer, I applied it 8:00 am and at 16:00 pm it looked still perfect (almost:), which it had not without the primer.

Ok, so, am I going to buy the full version? Nope....Something in it really bothered my skin, I had to stop using it after one week. My redness/sensitivity got worse and as this was the only change in my routine I gave up.

However, my skin is the most problematic you can imagine (rosacea, allergies, eczema etc.) and the product did not irritated it directly, it was rather a problem of some "general compatibility". I would blame my skin more than the product in this specific case.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by MACdoll89

I'm really starting to get irritated how much MUFE make up line gets good reviews I've tried foundation to primers to eyeliners and hated all ... Over rated for sure!!! I got a sample of the white primer and I used nars sheer matte and my make up while applying was coming off... I was thinking it was the make up so I stopped using then I used a different foundation .. Same thing happened every time i used this primer ... It made my foundation blotchy and transfer so easily smashbox's primer is so much better!! MUFE so over rated!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by shannbronzo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this primer. I notice my make up lasts longer and it does have some moisturizing properties! I noticed my skin feels softer even after my make up is washed off....it feels smoother and looks less irritated. Not sure why this is.....but I waited until after I tried another primer to write this review. Too faced broke me out which was too bad it was nice otherwise.....I went back to this, and the smooth, softer skin came back. I have only ever used this, too Faced and LM....wasn't impressed with LM either. I try to steer clear of primers that contain silicones high on the ingredient list.....I find too many break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried quite a few primers, but none have ever made much of an impression. With the HD primers, I actually notice that my foundation is still on at the end of the day, whereas normally it just disappears into thin air. I do like the feel of it - it feels more like the NARS primers, wet and runny, not siliconey like Smashbox. I only have the travel size, but I think I may actually purchase the full size one day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by chechi

I have the white/clear primer - I purchased it in a set along with the powder and elixir a few years ago from Sephora. It does make my makeup last longer - which is what I expect it to do... (does not have any extra moisturizing properties or anything else)...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by emmakrramer

This primer (although not the best) was quite good. I purchased the green one. I'm not quite sure if it helped my redness, but my makeup certainly looked better with it on. My skin is very sensitive but I did not notice any irritations.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by krissymillr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haaaaate this stuff. It smells okay, and has great packaging, but I have such dry sensitive skin and this irritated the heck out of it!! I know it was this because this is the only thing I changed about my skin care regime... Took my skin a few days to even get back to normal. Ugh, if you are dry and sensitive... do not use this primer!! Use Benefit Porefessional instead!