October 31, 2014 | 1165 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh, bought the light blue in the hopes of enlivening my uber pale skin. Went on smooth enough, blended ok, but always seemed to just sit on my skin. My foundstion is low to medium coverage, but this primer seemed to make my foundation feel heavy. Didn't do anything in terms of oil control. Couldn't really find a good use for it, so I gave it to my 20 something niece to try as she is a fan of MUFE, loose powder. Very expensive for a product that does virtually nothing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only word to describe this primer is "suck". If I could, I would not even give a star. It is super expensive and it doesn't works at all. It totally sucks. I wore this and it made any of my foundation looked patchy and made it slide off my face in an hour. I've come to a verdict that none of any MUFE products suits me. I tried the HD foundation and many more my conclusion on them is that they aren't suitable for me. Would never purchase this nor any of MUFE's products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have oily and acne-prone skin and I would absolutely not buy this product again. First of all, it's expensive. Second of all, it doesn't make my makeup stay or look better than it would without it. Thirdly, it breaks me out horribly in painful blemishes. When I bought this over a year ago I didn't know about the Sephora return policy and therefore I didn't return it. Now I'm stuck with this bottle of stuff that ruins my face. Sometimes I whip it out on special occasions, thinking maybe it will work "this time" or with "this foundation", but no. Every time I use it, when I apply the foundation it has this weird separating effect that I just can't describe. I should've returned this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

Still on the quest for my replacement face primer after stupid Paula Dorf discontinued what was the best face primer on the planet (for me). I tried the MUFE HD microperfecting primer (white), and I really do not care for it at all. I really don't understand why there is fragrance in it (who wants 'perfume' on their face?), and it is way too drying to help my liquid foundation apply easier and look better on my skin. If anything, it makes my foundation (MAC Studiofix Fluid SPF15) sit on top of my skin- and makes me look like I have corpse-face! Yuck!!! I just wish I kept the receipt so I could return it...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by kawaiibrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm iffy on this product. I think it did its job, but for the price I paid for it, it wasn't stellar.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by anonymousjoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a a primer that would help my sensitive, dry skin and after finally finding a foundation that seemed pale enough for my skin - MUFE HD Foundation in 110, which now seems too orange on me- I bought the primer to go with. Unfortunately this was a huge mistake. This product really irritated my skin; it felt tight, dried out, and too hot and it did not help the foundation at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by nikitax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Like many others have mentioned this thing does absolutely nothing except to irritate your skin.

I used it under my MUFE HD foundation and I didn't feel any difference at all. ( I tried neutral and green )

Stay away form this product if you have redness and/or very sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

After failing to find a good primer in the drugstores, I have decided to seek out samples of Sephora's high end, yet expensive brands. This primer is okay but not for me. I have a sample of the white formula. I like that it absorbs quickly but I find myself needing to use too much to cover my face. I don't think I could keep spending $34 on a full size bottle to keep up. And it doesn't leave my face any smoother or better looking beforehand. I like that it holds my foundation steady and does not make it hard to apply and blend. Would not purchase a full bottle. Up until right now, I was not aware that there were other colors/types of this primer. Perhaps one of the other ones would work good for me but I will just try other brands in the mean time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Doga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a 5ml sample in 0 - neutral from a kind Sephora SA, who reccommended this as a product just for my needs.

I have combo skin with dry cheeks and as I wear liquid foundation (with a primer) only in winter, I needed no mattifying oil control stuff.

My main concern is to prolong a staying power of a liquid and to smooth my rough dry flakey skin.

This primer actually works for that. I used it under my MUFE HD liquid.

It applies smoothly, does not dry my skin, makes fndt application easier. Foundation looks better, no pores visible, it helped with the flakiness/surface issues.

The foundation really stayed longer, I applied it 8:00 am and at 16:00 pm it looked still perfect (almost:), which it had not without the primer.

Ok, so, am I going to buy the full version? Nope....Something in it really bothered my skin, I had to stop using it after one week. My redness/sensitivity got worse and as this was the only change in my routine I gave up.

However, my skin is the most problematic you can imagine (rosacea, allergies, eczema etc.) and the product did not irritated it directly, it was rather a problem of some "general compatibility". I would blame my skin more than the product in this specific case.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by MACdoll89

I'm really starting to get irritated how much MUFE make up line gets good reviews I've tried foundation to primers to eyeliners and hated all ... Over rated for sure!!! I got a sample of the white primer and I used nars sheer matte and my make up while applying was coming off... I was thinking it was the make up so I stopped using then I used a different foundation .. Same thing happened every time i used this primer ... It made my foundation blotchy and transfer so easily smashbox's primer is so much better!! MUFE so over rated!!!