April 23, 2014 | 883 users online

Concealers - NYX - Concealer Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by drummercc

I have this in Medium and i am about an NC 20, its perfect for light makeup days to use around your face like the nose, chin, and under the eyes and just set with powder. it isn't overly dry. people might think its unsanitary as a stick form but its good for travelling as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I seem to feel the exact opposite about this concealer than everyone else. I find the coverage to be phenomenal on my PIH, and it blends in really well, totally matches my skin tone (99% of other concealers are much too dark/orange for my porcelain skin), looks flawless on, BUT it seems to be breaking me out. I want to believe it's a coincidence, but it does have a lot of hydrogenated oils in it, so sadly, I think I will have to stop using it. :( Back to square one. Why, oh why, is it so impossible to find a good concealer that doesn't cause breakouts??

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by dididianee

Staying power? What staying power?

I bought this in the color Beige to cover up hyper pigmentation spots I had on my face from old acne and also redness around my nose. It's very creamy and blended well into my skin. Flash foward about half an hour later, it seems as if I didn't apply anything at all (and yes I did set it with powder). I tried applying it over my dark circles but it ended up setting into the fine lines that I didn't even know I have. I'm only 15 by the way. I did like the twist-up tube it came with. It's slim and can easily be taken on the go for touch-ups. Too bad it doesn't stay too long on my face. Really wanted to like it, but it wasn't meant for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it in Green thinking it would be great as a color corrector for the redness around my nose/chin area. I was wrong. First of all, instead of being green, it looks white on my medium skintone. If I apply a lot on my skin, it would show up whitish and patchy (especially bad in pictures) even after I blended it like crazy. On the other hand, if I put less, it would cover nothing. I don't know if I bought the wrong shade but I like the Concealer in Jar much much better. This one is useless to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this concealer stick in lavender during the 20% off sale specifically for the purpose of reducing redness. I have spots of redness sometimes on my cheeks, around my nose, forehead and this stick does a decent job of concealing those spots. The concealer itself when applied has a dry consistency, not very creamy and takes a small effort of blending. Would purchase again during another sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice concealer and one of the best I have used at this price point. This concealer is creamy, glides on the skin, is very blendable, nicely covers my deep dark under eye circles, and is available in several colors (the color I chose is Medium and it's only slightly lighter than my skin coloring but I also have Glow which I use to highlight under my eyebrow). The packaging is nice and makes this product look more expensive than it is and I just love that it can easily be taken with me when I am on the go.

I am quite happy with my purchase and I would recommend this product if you are in the market for a good inexpensive concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Lisahh

I love the sleek black look of this concealer stick! I use this as my on the go concealer just because it isn't messy and nicely packaged. It works really well for a little blemishes or to cover undereye circles. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by iHeartbunnies84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Concealer in Lavender

I use this for my dark under eye circles which are more of a purple tone.

I was pleasantly surprised that this concealer can counteract the darkness so well. When I put my regular concealers on, they mostly look cakey on my skin. Because of its consistency, I only out a little of the lavender concealer on my circles and it leaves a brightened and refreshed look behind. I originally bought this to counteract yellow toned discolorations if I ever encounter them in my other concealers. I haven't used this for that purpose yet, but for under eyes, this is really good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by ScullyNess

This is a nice thick creamy convenient concealer. I have it in lavendar and it is really nice. I'm buying a second one to have when I run out of my first concealer stick which is actually like a pen. Great packaging! Fantastic coverage and blendability.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2008 8:23:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of the NYX concealer in a jar, but I thought the stick form might be faster in the mornings. Alas it is not. This would be great for someone who has a random blemish they want to conceal, but if you have a large area (as I have my entire eye area) to cover, it's not good.
It's a lot thinner in consistency (which someone might like) than the jar concealer, which means my dark circles show through even when I attempt to apply it heavily. The stick is the perfect size for pimples, blemishes, red spots, etc though.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No