NYX Concealer Stick

Waterh

on 2/9/2012 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i bought this in nutmeg. it's the perfect consistency and it glides right on. i apply it to dark mark that are flat and pretty small. i blend with my finger. it works well. i don't need a brush or anything. i know the mac concealer doesn't break me out. i hope this one doesnt either because it's convenient and cheap. i will keep one in my makeup bag for quick touch ups during the day if needed.

on 12/18/2011 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love NYX's pencils and shadows so wanted to like its concealer stick in yellow. However, I can't. It reads as a faintly (very faintly) yellow white on my very fair skin instead of yellow. Unless one had absolutely porcelain skin tones, this concealer would be far too light. (I'd wanted to use it to cover small reddened areas on my face.) I won't be buying it again.

on 10/9/2011 2:43:00 PM

This concealer did not hide any blemishes. It is also very dry. Packaging is very cheap and the plastic cap will crack easily.

on 10/7/2011 11:59:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm on my sixth one, so it is safe to say I like it and will continue to buy it again. I first encountered NYX Concealer sticks completely by accident when it was included as a freebie with another purchase. I got it in the lightest shade they have, Porcelain, and it blends with my skin tone perfectly. Concealers that aren't light enough for my complexion have caused me problems in the past, so the fact that this one disappeared right before my eyes was something to celebrate. I had never used a stick concealer before, but found that it was much easier to place accurately than anything else. I tend to have a single blemish here and there rather than an area to cover, so the stick is perfect to place pinpoint deposits of concealer exactly where you want them. I discovered that blending with a sponge removed too much of the product, as did rubbing. Instead, I lightly tap with the tip of my finger, pressing the concealer straight down into the skin rather than spreading it around. The blemish disappears as if by magic, and I set everything with loose powder. The formula is thick enough to cover even a flaming red zit, but not so thick as to make it hard to blend in. I've seen no evidence of the concealer stick causing any breakouts, and I actually think it might help existing ones. But best of all, this stuff stays put all day. I never need to reapply concealer, so I can forget about it.

I will say that this stick formula does not work well under the eyes for dark circles. It is intended for very small areas and tends to be both too light and appear slightly cakey around the eyes. I have NYX concealer in the wand applicator as well as the jar, and the wand works best for under the eyes. The formula is a lot thinner and spreads out well while blending in. The jar works best if you have a larger area of blemishes, as it spreads well and achieves greater coverage. But the first one I reach for is always the stick, which is also ideal for toting in a purse. I like the twist-to-advance design and the clear cap which makes it easy to find amidst other products. Where was this stuff when I was a teenager?

on 9/1/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So i get a set of NYX concealers on hautelook, and this one is my favorite. When the other concealers wear off, I just dap a bit of this on any blemish and blend an TADA! Good skin!

on 8/25/2011 4:38:00 AM

I have this in Medium and i am about an NC 20, its perfect for light makeup days to use around your face like the nose, chin, and under the eyes and just set with powder. it isn't overly dry. people might think its unsanitary as a stick form but its good for travelling as well.

on 8/13/2011 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I seem to feel the exact opposite about this concealer than everyone else. I find the coverage to be phenomenal on my PIH, and it blends in really well, totally matches my skin tone (99% of other concealers are much too dark/orange for my porcelain skin), looks flawless on, BUT it seems to be breaking me out. I want to believe it's a coincidence, but it does have a lot of hydrogenated oils in it, so sadly, I think I will have to stop using it. :( Back to square one. Why, oh why, is it so impossible to find a good concealer that doesn't cause breakouts??

on 1/31/2011 5:32:00 PM

Staying power? What staying power?

I bought this in the color Beige to cover up hyper pigmentation spots I had on my face from old acne and also redness around my nose. It's very creamy and blended well into my skin. Flash foward about half an hour later, it seems as if I didn't apply anything at all (and yes I did set it with powder). I tried applying it over my dark circles but it ended up setting into the fine lines that I didn't even know I have. I'm only 15 by the way. I did like the twist-up tube it came with. It's slim and can easily be taken on the go for touch-ups. Too bad it doesn't stay too long on my face. Really wanted to like it, but it wasn't meant for me.

on 9/29/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought it in Green thinking it would be great as a color corrector for the redness around my nose/chin area. I was wrong. First of all, instead of being green, it looks white on my medium skintone. If I apply a lot on my skin, it would show up whitish and patchy (especially bad in pictures) even after I blended it like crazy. On the other hand, if I put less, it would cover nothing. I don't know if I bought the wrong shade but I like the Concealer in Jar much much better. This one is useless to me.

on 3/26/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I purchased this concealer stick in lavender during the 20% off sale specifically for the purpose of reducing redness. I have spots of redness sometimes on my cheeks, around my nose, forehead and this stick does a decent job of concealing those spots. The concealer itself when applied has a dry consistency, not very creamy and takes a small effort of blending. Would purchase again during another sale.