April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by chai24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is way much better than the Guerlain parure pearly white foundation. Lasts for hours, controls oil and soft matte finish, For reference I have a very oily skin, blemish and acne prone and scars. So I needed medium-full coverage that doesn't irritate my skin or cause acne. I wear 01 Beige Pale (I'm a MAC NC25, EL DW 2W1 Sand, Revlon Buff/Sand Beige) and this comparable to Estee Lauder Double Wear and Make Up Forever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation. I also have the pearly white in 02 Beige Clair which I wanted to love but doesn't last longer than 2-3 hours. Love the scent and the bottle. Luxury in a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by workingmdiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually a review that encompasses two Aqua foundations, the Extreme and the regular. SO, the shades are very difficult! I bought the #3(beige clair)in the extreme and it was waaay too light for my skintone(see profile picture for reference) but I thought it was a pretty shade. I decided I would get a darker shade to mix with it to make it a better match(I also have to do this with the Armani foundations which have difficult shades), which led me to purchase the regular Aqua in Dore Natural(which is VERY dark, don't be fooled by color swatches provided by Guerlain!).I actually did a Google Image search on this foundation to pick the shades. So I use two small pumps of the #3 with about a 3/4 pump of the Dore. That makes it perfect! Let me tell you, this stuff lasts ALL day and looks beautiful ALL day!! I really don't even need to blot my face throughout the day or apply powder. I'll look in the mirror and think,"wow, this stuff is amazing"!.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by satinpinknouveau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail foundation. The colors are tricky because there are so few shades and they are extreme beige or extreme pink for the most part but oh my gosh it lasts and can be full coverage while your skin never ever looks cakey. I apply this when I do bridal makeup and clients always love it as well. Definitely recommend this to anybody!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I would really rate this a 3.5. It's better than most foundations, but I'm still on the fence as to whether it's worth $60. This is very similar to Diorskin Forever liquid, in that both of these foundations are very runny in texture. Both are medium-full coverage. Once on the face, however, I think Guerlain is indeed better. Guerlain feels smoother compared to Dior. Dior's ended up being a little grainy while Guerlains stayed in place.

In terms of durability, Guerlains started melting off my face and getting shiney about 5 hours into wearing it at work, without primer (I don't believe in primers anymore). I have this problem with all foundations. Most start wearing off my face 3 hours into it, so Guerlain has a slight leg up.

The worst mark of all, as others have mentioned, is the color range. I am a very neutral NC/NW 20-25 but I HATE beige shades of any kind. They are always dull and very bland on the face, almost showing up grey on me. So I went ahead an ordered the pink-toned Rose Naturel 13. This is closest to Cameo 22 in Dior and NW20-25. This shade is EXTREMELY pink to the point where it makes your face look darker from a distance, but it's really just very pink. But I like it because it adds some color to my face and makes me look alive - we'll say "rosey faced" if anything. I can pull it off since I'm a neutral tone.

Overall, I can certainly see why it costs more than most foundations because the texture is very smooth. But I don't know if the oil control and color range are enough to make me buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by soapinha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This a very good foundation. I actually purchased a shade darker than my normal skintone than what I otherwise would - however, as it's summer and I'm getting more tanned, it doesn't bother me. And this foundation is easily blendable and very smooth, so it's easy to make it look like part of your natural skin.

With this foundation, I don't need as much concealer (I use Benefit Erase Paste) and it covers imperfections, redness and spots fairly well. Oil control is somewhat an issue, but not as much as it was. I would certainly buy this foundation again and recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

EDIT: This foundation does not cake on my oily face & stays smooth looking. I still have to blot my t-zone after 2 hours or so after wearing it, but it fades evenly. I like it better this time. It works perfect to use with Guerlain Meteorites Mattifying Powder.

The best about this foundation is the packaging. A decent foundation with a not-so-decent price tag. For $58 a bottle, I still expected more from it, though it's a nice product. I didn't feel right spending the money for this when Revlon Colorstay has better coverage & lasts longer for way cheaper cost. But don't get me wrong, Parure Extreme is very nice coz it's super blendable, has pleasant smell, lightweight, quite mattifying on me but doesn't dry up my skin, does not transfer & it looks natural. I wished the coverage was better, it didn't cover the red veins on my cheeks so well. I guess the "Extreme" effect on coverage & longevity will happen if u build it up good, but I seldom apply layers of foundation coz of cakiness & heavy feel on my skin. I wouldn't rely on this to keep me flawless on attending a whole day event, or worse, a sunny event when humidity will melt my makeup off. This would be perfect to use for dinner dates or short night events, paired up with Guerlain Meteorites for a glowy & natural looking skin. I still like this foundation, but I won't repurchase unless it's on a sale price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by aibiyan

So far i'm only using my sample of this, but i'm very keen on buying the full size product!!!

i got the sample of this in the color 02, i'm around NC25-30, this in 02 matched me perfectly! i read other MUA reviews before going to the counter and i was unsure whether i'm an 02 or 03, but once i tried the product on my hand, 03 just looked way to dark and way to red for me. So i'm guessing other gals with NC25 are getting 03 because it can give them a more tanned look? but for me, 03 just wasn't right, while 02 was perfect.

For my combination - oily skin, this foundation looked matte on me. Only thing is, when applying, u have to be really quick, cause it seems to dry on ur skin pretty quickly. i set it with a clinique translucent powder, and throughout the day i did have to blot a lil bit, but for me that wasn't a problem (cause i'm used to looking like a grease ball with other foundations i've tried). after applying it onto my skin, my skin stayed this really matte feeling throughout the day which i loved (even though i did have to blot).. and in terms of staying power.. it was amazing.. i put it on at 7 in the morning, and when i got home at 11 at night, my skin still looked good without any touch ups throughout the day!

i was really careful about applying it around areas on my face where foundation tends to crease, and so far i haven't had any creasing problems with this. and this is without using a primer underneath.

my skin's usually quite pimple prone when it comes to foundations, which is why i generally only stick to BB creams. But this foundation doesn't seem to be breaking me out at all! so i'm definately in love with it!

if u can find a color that matches ur skin and u have troubles finding a foundation that will sit well on oily skin, u should definately try this out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by rkcroft

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I am colour 03 and it is such a perfect match for my skin. I am quite neutral toned and I find Mac NC25 and NW25 just not right for me - either too yellow or too pink. It isn't easy to apply which is it's only negative. You can only successfully apply this foundation with your fingers. Doesn't bother me too much anyway because I have always achieved a better flawless finish with my fingers over any of the high quality brushes I own.
It does have a smell like all Guerlain products, but it quickly disappears.
The finish is neither shiny or matte. Its a perfect satin finish and it will last most of the day on me. I can even layer more foundation (even other brands) over the top and the foundation doesn't congeal which is a great bonus. It is a pricey foundation, but it is everything I've ever wanted in a foundation so I'm very happy to recommend it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately, not very impressed. I was excited about this, since I was hunting for a higher spf for summer and the reviews were good. I really love Smashbox Studio Skin, but the spf is only 10. First of all, the staff matched me to #1, claiming it was perfect despite my concerns. No returns either. It was too dark for my pale, yellow-toned skin. Some reviews recommend 31 as paler, however the tester at the location was darker for some reason.. Secondly, the price is astronomical. It is over $60 CDN! Next, it became greasy throughout the day, felt heavy and broke me out. It looked unnatural, no matter how I applied it. The worst part? Despite the long-wearing claims, most came off my nose with one blotting sheet and it ended up in pores and lines. For so many reasons, a definite fail. I'll stick with my beloved, natural-looking, iron-clad Studio Skin with a better spf underneath!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I have dry, sensitive skin, and my main problem is slightly uneven skintone, with some scars and occurring pimples. I'm a foundation junkie, and I bought this because it has gotten such good reviews.
I want to say: there was a time I didn't bother looking much at the ingredients on foundation - you should definitely do that if you have any skin problems. This foundation has a good amount of alcohol, which you can detect in the smell. Alcohol is generally an ingredient I wouldn't suggest: it breaks down collagen in skin, which make you age faster, it unbalances skin and it doesn't let skin heal as fast as it could've healed. This foundation also has a strong smell - my boyfriend thought I was wearing perfume when I wore this... unfortunately, he liked the smell, and I can't find a perfume that smells like this XD So, if you're sensitive to fragrances, avoid this.
The colour range in this foundation isn't very good: the colour either have a pink or an orange undertone initially, so if your undertones are either yellow or olive, you will not find any colour that suits you. I can't find the right colour amongst Guerlain foundations: number 01 is too pink - probably like an NW15 (I'm NC15), while number 02 is way too dark and orange, probably like NC25, which is on the darker side for me even in the summer. One more problem is that this foundation oxidises A LOT! Usually, it goes like this: I put it on, everything is good for the first half hour, then...BAM! - it's almost two MAC shades darker. This means that nr. 01 goes from NW15 to NW20-25...! You need to be especially careful with powder bronzers and blushes on top of this - some will also become darker.
This lasts on my skin for the whole day, which I think is an important thing - there are days I need my foundation to look good for at least 10 hours. There is minimal transferring. The problem is that this has a very high content of perfume and alcohol, and makes me break out, so every tie I use it, I expect to have bad skin the next day. This is the reason for why I won't repurchase - there are other long lasting, natural foundations that don't break me out.
The coverage is about medium, I would say - else I think it looks caky. Therefore I never layer this. I usually actually like to apply this with a sponge, so it looks more natural - fingers also works, and maybe even brush, since this is quite a thin foundation. The finish is somehow matte, but not flat when I apply like described over. I have found that If I apply too heavily, it tends to oxidise more. This also then tends to make my forehead oily - try to apply more sheer in oily spots if you can.
People with normal to slightly oily skin would probably suit this, but it tends to highlight my dry patches and make my skin look slightly tight. If you have dry patches, this WILL accentuate them.
I won't repurchase because this has a high content of perfume and alcohol, breaks me out, isn't for my skintype and there are no colours that match me (I can't even colour-correct them, because the foundation always oxidise more orange).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No