Lancome Hypnose Onyx #011 Black

4.4

on 3/11/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

When I choose my make up products I never go for cheap brands, especially when my eyes are considered.I've used almost every member of Lancome mascara family and I think this one is the best.I don't understand how it can create panda eyes with some woman because it really is touchproof and does not disssolve easily by contact with eyedrop or make up removers.It does not clump or make your eye lashes feel heavy.Lifts and curves perfectly yet I have really average lashes.I also want to mention that if you are between buying Hypnose or Hypnose Onyx there is no significant difference when you wear one or other.

on 1/29/2010 11:34:00 AM

I love this mascara! it adds length and volume to my lashes and i would definately recommend! it also create fab definition i have often had comments about how amazing my lashes look when wearing this .... i have not encountered the problem of this mascara smudging thankfully and will defo be buying again!

on 1/27/2010 1:58:00 AM

This is my very first Lancome mascara and I brought this because there is so much rave about it. However I am disappointed as it smudged by lunch hour and this was from a waterproof formula. Yes, my lashes look very nice as it lengthen and add volumes but having to clean up my panda eyes throughout the day is just troublesome.

on 10/10/2009 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hypnose in general is my HG mascara, I always try new mascaras just 'in case' they turn out to be better but they never are. It is effortless to apply and even after 4 coats it does not clump at all. It makes my non-existant lashes super long and full of just the right amount of volume. Plus it is super black and glossy!!

on 5/26/2009 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The sales assistant also told me this one is blacker and shinier than the usual Hypnose. You can't really tell if it's shiny because the eyelashes are such a small surface area (well in my case). Paired with the eyelash curler, this is a great product to lengthen and add volume. It gives a false lash effect which is great because I can't stick those things on to save myself. Great for high impact, minimal make up look.

The only problem I get is that at the end of the day, it smudges onto the skin under my eyes. I don't know how to prevent this!

The only problem I have with this is the price, AUD$54 which is USD$42.

on 4/26/2009 4:23:00 PM

This is my HG mascara. The best mascara I ever used. The Hypnose in general is very good, but this one being blacker is perfect.
It is a bit pricey, but you can use it for three months and until the last day it is perfect. Highly recommended.

on 3/23/2009 8:34:00 PM

This is THE BEST mascara I have ever used.. ever.

And I am a makeup artist so I've used ALOT of different mascaras.

I find it separates the lashes.. and you can use coat after coat after coat without clumping (I like really thick lashes).

It makes them so long too.. like you've got extensions.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good mascara... I know its pricey... but its SO worth it!

on 9/14/2008 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I am a regular user of the regular black Hypnose mascara, so my first question was: How is this limited edition 'Onyx' version different? The sales assistant told me it was 'blacker and shinier' than regular Hypnose. Ok, great, I was sold. In reality, if I didn't know better I'd swear it's no different from the regular Hypnose. My lashes are jet black anyway, so maybe it's hard to tell if it really is blacker. I thought Hypnose was already very black. As for shine, it's barely discernable, but after close inspection, I can say that it's not matte like the regular Hypnose. Certainly not high-shine gloss, but a natural-looking sheen, close to the look of bare lashes. Does not contain any sparkles/glitter. In every other respect it's the same as Hypnose - gives the same volume, holds a curl, lasts well with no smudging. For comparison, it's nowhere as dramatic as Diorshow or YSL Faux Cils, but I'm not a fan of super-dramatic lashes on myself anyway. I bought this for SGD$48, the same price as regular Hypnose. I believe it costs US$24 in the US. I bought a non-waterproof one, and I'm not sure if there is a waterproof version as well. Given a choice I have a slight preference for Hypnose Onyx over Hypnose, and I may get a backup. Oh, the tube is prettier too - same shape/size but with added microsparkles.