April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Onyx #011 Black

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my very first Lancome mascara and I brought this because there is so much rave about it. However I am disappointed as it smudged by lunch hour and this was from a waterproof formula. Yes, my lashes look very nice as it lengthen and add volumes but having to clean up my panda eyes throughout the day is just troublesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hypnose in general is my HG mascara, I always try new mascaras just 'in case' they turn out to be better but they never are. It is effortless to apply and even after 4 coats it does not clump at all. It makes my non-existant lashes super long and full of just the right amount of volume. Plus it is super black and glossy!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

The sales assistant also told me this one is blacker and shinier than the usual Hypnose. You can't really tell if it's shiny because the eyelashes are such a small surface area (well in my case). Paired with the eyelash curler, this is a great product to lengthen and add volume. It gives a false lash effect which is great because I can't stick those things on to save myself. Great for high impact, minimal make up look.

The only problem I get is that at the end of the day, it smudges onto the skin under my eyes. I don't know how to prevent this!

The only problem I have with this is the price, AUD$54 which is USD$42.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by novamenci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. The best mascara I ever used. The Hypnose in general is very good, but this one being blacker is perfect.
It is a bit pricey, but you can use it for three months and until the last day it is perfect. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by fruitylexia

This is THE BEST mascara I have ever used.. ever.

And I am a makeup artist so I've used ALOT of different mascaras.

I find it separates the lashes.. and you can use coat after coat after coat without clumping (I like really thick lashes).

It makes them so long too.. like you've got extensions.

I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good mascara... I know its pricey... but its SO worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 4:01:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a regular user of the regular black Hypnose mascara, so my first question was: How is this limited edition 'Onyx' version different? The sales assistant told me it was 'blacker and shinier' than regular Hypnose. Ok, great, I was sold. In reality, if I didn't know better I'd swear it's no different from the regular Hypnose. My lashes are jet black anyway, so maybe it's hard to tell if it really is blacker. I thought Hypnose was already very black. As for shine, it's barely discernable, but after close inspection, I can say that it's not matte like the regular Hypnose. Certainly not high-shine gloss, but a natural-looking sheen, close to the look of bare lashes. Does not contain any sparkles/glitter. In every other respect it's the same as Hypnose - gives the same volume, holds a curl, lasts well with no smudging. For comparison, it's nowhere as dramatic as Diorshow or YSL Faux Cils, but I'm not a fan of super-dramatic lashes on myself anyway. I bought this for SGD$48, the same price as regular Hypnose. I believe it costs US$24 in the US. I bought a non-waterproof one, and I'm not sure if there is a waterproof version as well. Given a choice I have a slight preference for Hypnose Onyx over Hypnose, and I may get a backup. Oh, the tube is prettier too - same shape/size but with added microsparkles.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No