Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

3.7

on 6/13/2014 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My profile: thick long lashes, not so curly, sensitive eyes

After 9 hours on the PC, this mascara:
~Didn't bulk
~Didn't flake
~Was almost not irritating (PC was worse lol)
~Made my lashes even fuller and added some curl

So overall I like it a lot and I am glad I bought it (even happier cause it was 30% off)

Still, for its price the packaging is so cheap, just plastic!

on 6/2/2014 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a sample of this in the little birthday gift. I love the brush. It thickens and lengthens. I did not see any flaking or clumping at all so I am not sure what is up with the other reviewers as this worked perfectly for me. My eyelashes are long but they are thin. On top this, I have very sensitive eyes so it is not easy to find the right mascara. I recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

After trying this mascara I seriously don't know why people say drugstore mascara can perform just as good or better than he ones because this is just amazing! I don't even need more than one coat and my lashes look so good!
This volumizes a bit and lengthens quite a bit but not too much that it looks weird (I've tried those fibre mascaras that do that and I just think it looks stringy). To be fair I'm kind of a hairy person and that includes my lashes so maybe this mascara won't be as nice for someone who wants a lot more volume or length but I swear, just try it because it seems like it works well on everybody
It just sucks that it's so expensive :/

on 4/16/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I just bought this mascara and this is my first high-end mascara. For me, mascara needs to give serious length, thick volume and hold a curl and Smoky Lash delivers! It doesn't flake or smudge and it holds the curl all day.
This shade of black is very intense, accentuates my eyes and gives me that dramatic flair that I like to have for my lashes. After I comb out my lashes and they dry, my lashes feel soft to the touch and not crunchy.
While it is more expensive than what I'm used to paying for, it is worth it. No more drugstore mascaras for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is INTENSE! I received a free sample from Sephora for my birthday. It instantly adds length, definition and thickness. It is pretty dramatic - not natural in the slightest - but I love stand-out lashes so I wear this every day.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Thank goodness this was a Sephora gift as a part of their birthday reward because this stuff caused major eye irritation. After six hours of wear I had to remove it because it began flaking off into my eyes. Then do an eye flush. Spent the rest of day with red irritated eyes. :(

on 2/23/2014 1:01:00 PM

Smoky Lash = Flaky Lash. If you wear contacts, run away from this mascara.

on 2/4/2014 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

As many others I received this in my Sephora Birthday along with a mini lippie. I do not know what others are griping about. I seriously love this mascara. I have always worn Maybelline Lash Stiletto. And now I do not want to be without this MUFE Mascara!! I love the length it gives my already full/long lashes. The wand was a little concerning. But it does wonders for me. It has become my holy grail mascara. And it is my first high end mascara. Whoop whoop.

on 1/26/2014 4:42:00 PM

This mascara was a total fail for me. I received this as a gift from Sephora, so at least I did not waste money on this crap. First of all, I have naturally long lashes with decent volume and can generally hold a curl, so I am not starting from nothing...This mascara made my lashes look so bad.. When I first put it on, it looked ok...ok definition, ok length, ok volume after 2 coats.. then a strange thing happened.. about 1 hour after applying, I looked in the mirror and not only was the definition gone, but my eyelashes were sticking to each other!.. It looked like I had 5 fat lashes (twigs really ) on each eye!... not cute. About an hour later, I looked in the mirror and it was flakes galore, both upper and lower eyelids and I looked like a total freak..

on 1/16/2014 11:15:00 PM

I just got this as a freebie gift from sephora, and wow, my lashes look great. I have been using covergirl lashblast for like ever. And it got the job done, but it was always a little clumpy and a little flaky. But this stuff, man. My lashes are lifted and lovely. I was surprised how mush of a difference it made. I'm not sure how expensive this stuff is though, because I got it for free.

Popular Mascaras