October 24, 2014 | 1758 users online

Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by CassLynn21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As many others I received this in my Sephora Birthday along with a mini lippie. I do not know what others are griping about. I seriously love this mascara. I have always worn Maybelline Lash Stiletto. And now I do not want to be without this MUFE Mascara!! I love the length it gives my already full/long lashes. The wand was a little concerning. But it does wonders for me. It has become my holy grail mascara. And it is my first high end mascara. Whoop whoop.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by emc22010

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara was a total fail for me. I received this as a gift from Sephora, so at least I did not waste money on this crap. First of all, I have naturally long lashes with decent volume and can generally hold a curl, so I am not starting from nothing...This mascara made my lashes look so bad.. When I first put it on, it looked ok...ok definition, ok length, ok volume after 2 coats.. then a strange thing happened.. about 1 hour after applying, I looked in the mirror and not only was the definition gone, but my eyelashes were sticking to each other!.. It looked like I had 5 fat lashes (twigs really ) on each eye!... not cute. About an hour later, I looked in the mirror and it was flakes galore, both upper and lower eyelids and I looked like a total freak..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by metwetpetset

I just got this as a freebie gift from sephora, and wow, my lashes look great. I have been using covergirl lashblast for like ever. And it got the job done, but it was always a little clumpy and a little flaky. But this stuff, man. My lashes are lifted and lovely. I was surprised how mush of a difference it made. I'm not sure how expensive this stuff is though, because I got it for free.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by MonBlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This mascara was a huge disappointment from such an excellent brand.
This formula is so HEAVY it pulled the curl out if my lashes. It doesn't lengthen well at all and it clumps like crazy. I am not one to return things, but this mascara left me cold, for $23.00 this is crap. It's clumpy and involves a lot of time to get it half way presentable - for this much money, I want to use it and go.
Some reviewers have said it flakes, I gave not had that issue. It does leave me with sloppy spider leg lashes and for $23...that's shameful. I will not be rebuking this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

I test-drove this mascara yesterday during Halloween, and I have to say that it performed really well. The application was smooth, and it didn't clump or gather. And even with the huge wand, it was very easy to apply. It also didn't flake off, which is a huge plus.

I think the price was a little bit extravagant, but I would repurchase this out I ran out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very pretty, but it's just a good basic mascara, and performs the same as drugstore brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This is the first high end mascara I tried, and I loved it. It gave me volume & length without looking clumpy. I don't remember it being overly wet, which is why I liked it so much. I got this as a gift, and although I love it I probably wouldn't buy it for myself again because there are drugstore mascara I love just as much and can't justify the price.. but it is a fantastic mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm very disappointed with this mascara. The most frustrating thing about it was the mess that it created. It was clumpy with only a single layer. The application was very messy, which I partly consider to be a problem with the wand. It also had a slight chemical smell that bothered me. At $23, this was a waste of money. The only good things I can say about the product is that the color is in fact black and once I had finished combing out all the clumps, my lashes were reasonably soft. I would not recommend this product, especially for those who can't dish out $23 on a tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Moste opinions are on the same line and that was also the case for me.
It's an OK mascara, it gives those full smokey lashes that it promises but not on the first coat, you surelly need 2 coats. It didn't flake at first but because it does dry-up very quickly after a month you will get fall down. After 2 months I noticed that it was getting very dry, now after almoste 3 months I opend it, it's good to chuck away. Not only did it flake on my skin but I got those flakes in my eyes, it was horrible with my contacts, I had to take them out (at work might I add), I never had such a hard time with a mascara before.
I find the L'Oreal volume black smoke mascara is very similar for half the price and without the terrible flaking and drying out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by xrysaki

I agree with the previous reviewer! i'll give 3 stars for the result i had with 3 layers.. to be honest, I've seen worse mascaras than this one... i don't recommend it though..