Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm

4.1

active ingredients: Octinoxate, Oxybenzone. Other ingredients: aloe barbadensis leaf extract (aloe butter), beeswax, butylrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, C10-30 cholesterol/lanosterol esters, camphor, caprylic/capric triglyceride, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera oil, ethylhexyl palmitate, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, flavor, isopropyl palmitate, lecithin, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, meadowfoam delta-lactone, menthol, olea europaea (olive) oil unsaponifiables, ozokerite, palmitoyl oligopeptide, paraffin, persea gratissima (avocado butter), phenol, PPG-3 benzyl ether myristate, ricinus communis

on 3/21/2013 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a solid balm...very hydrating, much more mild smelling/tasting than regular Carmex, and the long, skinny packaging is easy to stash in a wallet or wristlet. I wouldn't say that the glossy finish is comparable to a liquid lip gloss (e.g., Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine), but it would definitely work for natural lip days or over a bright, matte lip color (in fact, this would be better over a bright color than a liquid gloss - it's not as harsh as a liquid). I took away one lipstick because there is a discrepancy with the SPF. The Carmex website says it provides broad spectrum SPF 15, but the package I picked up in the store said that it is NOT broad spectrum. A minor detail, but one that means the difference between aging and skin cancer prevention or no aging and skin cancer prevention, only protection from sunburn!

on 1/9/2013 10:51:00 PM

This is by far the best lip balm that will battle chapping peeling lips. I am a lip balm fanatic (Blistex, Neutrogena, Chapstick, you name it) and have tried almost every one out on the market. Since Carmex came out with this lip balm, I've been going back to it continuously for the past year because it really is that good. It keeps my lips soft and supple with a light sheen. I refuse to bother with other lip balms anymore. I keep these stowed in my purse and some extra in my drawers. I don't want to run out!

i have the pink version of this-i think it's the same product-and really like it. it's a very sheer tint, but very pretty on my lips, and while it feels like carmex, it smells a little like vanilla. my lips are really dry lately, and not many things seem to help. i've tried vaseline and aquaphor, my old standbys, and while i will always use those, i am really enjoying this product, too.

i just wish you got more in the actual stick-it's very slender.

on 11/24/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have always used the original carmex lip balm but when I started to wear lipstick more often my lips began to peel. Not a good look with matte lipsticks. I decided to give this one a try and I am so glad I did. I can now wear any lipstick I want without gross peeling lips. It is a little glossy but most of the time I wear gloss anyway. It has a lovely vanilla scent. It is a little bit that comes in the package but you donít need that much anyway. A little goes a long way. I will continue to repurchase this

on 8/31/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I normally LOVE Carmex products! So when this came out I was only too excited!

I love the way it's in a stick! But that's where it stops..

It just doesn't feel the same as the Carmex lip balms I have loved.. this one actually dries up my lips and smells really synthetic.. I won't be buying again.. actually thinking of going back to Burt's Bees for a bit now :)

on 8/29/2012 6:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great lip balm, very moisturising with a lovely hint of colour. Looks glossy and lasts a long time. Would definitely recommend and buy again.

on 7/29/2012 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A very nice, hydrating, creamy lip balm that gives a slightly glossy finish and lasts all day. It leaves my lips soft and moisturized, while protecting them from winter cold and windy days. It's definitly a must have in my opinion, and has done me justice.

I honestly love this

PROS:
-Soft, creamy texture
-Glossy finish
-Long lasting
-Mositurizing
-Make my lips look overall 'better'
-Emphasizes my natural lip color
-SPF 15
-Applies easily
-Lovely packaging
-Nice under lipstick, even mattes

CONS:
-None

Please, if you have constantly dry lips and need help, try this. I have seriously never had softer lips. VERY glad I tried it...and for the dollar I payed, why the hell not?

on 5/26/2012 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Honestly, this is one of the best lip balms EVER! I've tried EOS, softlips, Chapstick...etc. But this one doesn't dry your lips, and you see results almost immediately!
P.S. I'm on my third tube already:)

on 5/21/2012 10:32:00 AM

really great, moisturises your lips very well whilst giving a nice amount of colour( i have the pink and peach one ) . have a tingly feeling and are cooling on the lips, would recommend to anyone :) great product !

on 4/28/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in pink, plum, and berry. These are great for a slight wash of color and a rush of moisture. There is a light, unobtrusive vanilla scent which disappears almost immediately. The tube is a thin and elegant and the product itself is very soft, not waxy at all. The lipbalm doesn't last too long on the lips, maybe a few hours before reapplication is needed. Best part is they're dirt cheap! I got mine on offer and I think they were about $1.50 each. The only downside is they're a bit difficult to find.

Popular Lip Treatments