Tangle Teezer

4.4

on 1/4/2015 2:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Awesome product! I'd heard good things but was skeptical. Best brush i have ever owned! I have thick hair and this goes through it with no trouble. Gets out tough knots and makes my hair as smooth and soft as silk. HG!

on 12/31/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Tangle Teezer has been very gentle on my hair. I am able to get small tangles undone without tearing out a chunk of hair. I wish I bought this when I was going through my rounds of Telogen Effluvium (common type of hairloss). If you are experiencing a traumatizing amount of hairloss I would recommend using this brush. Most brushes will be too harsh on your compromised scalp. Tangle Teezer won't rip out unnecessary strands of hair. If you have been using your fingers to comb through your hair, I would advise against that. My reason is that, when using your fingers - you physically feel every strand coming out. That can be so disheartening and causes a person to overestimate how much they are actually losing.

I didn't believe the hype for the first few years I saw fellow MUAers raving about Tangle Teezer. I figured it's just a hairbrush, how much different could it be from the rest? But it is different. Very different.

Added note: My hair made a full recovery in 2014....but I will always reach for this. Nobody needs to use a harsh metal comb and yank hair out from the root.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this thing! I've been trying to grow my hair out for a while now and this has been fantastic! It detangles and brushes my thick, curly hair so easily, I don't have to struggle so much to comb through it with this thing! I also find that I don't pull out as much hair with this, its great if you are trying to grow your hair out! Definitely recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got the compact travel size with bristle cover, and it's fantastic. I have ultra fine hair that tangles like the dickens. I get a lot of breakage and frizz around my temples, and, to my horror, my hair seems to be thinning. With this thing, I lose far less hair than I ordinarily would combing out my hair after a shower. I wish the bristles were a little gentler on my scalp, but I'd trade a tingly scalp for less lost hair any day of the week.

I thought this was a little expensive before I got it, but seeing the difference it makes, the price seems about right to me now. To my knowledge, the travel size only comes in a hot pink/black combo. I'd prefer solid black, but this is a minor point. All in all a great product. My only regret is that it took me so long to finally jump on the bandwagon.

on 12/15/2014 3:55:00 AM

Best investment ever! I love it. Recently, my hair started falling out a lot (don't know If because of change in the seasons), but after I have washed my hair or even If I brush it during the day, I end up with a fist full of hair. However, when I bought the brush and I tried it out, I was like WOAH. My hair was so soft and there were only a few hairs on the brush. Same case when I use it on my wet hair. It leaves it without tangles and I even use it to spread my hair mask :D Unfortunately, it's a bit pricey (15 euros here in Germany), but as I said it's totally worth the money. Definitely would recommend! :)

on 10/23/2014 2:58:00 PM

This brush was kind of expensive, considering I have dozens of other brushes, but I bought it because I was curious, and I'm SO glad I did! My hair is very fine and straight, and a few inches past my shoulders. It tangles easily when I shampoo it, no matter what I do or what products I use in the shower. I can't use a regular comb on my hair when it's wet, it would take forever to brush out and end up ripping out a lot of my hair, even when I used wide tooth combs designed for wet hair. Before I bought the Tangle Teezer I used a regular hairbrush on my wet hair, even though that's supposed to be awful for your hair. I thought it did an okay job, but the Tangle Teezer works so much better! It easily detangles my hair and it doesn't seem to pull out any hair that isn't shed naturally. After using it for about a year I actually found that my ponytail is thicker, which makes sense when I see how few hairs I shed with the Tangle Teezer as opposed to the regular hairbrush I used to use! I still use regular combs and brushes when I do my hair after it's dry, but if it is extra tangled or I just need a quick brush I reach for the Tangle Teezer. I do wish it had a traditional brush shape with a handle to hold, because if my hands are wet it can be kind of slippery to hold, but that's minor. Overall, I'm really happy I decided to try it out!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The best hairbrush ever! Gets out all tugs and makes hair soft and smooth, and looking healthy. Even after having tons of hairspray in my hair due to a show, and it being really tuggy due to hairspray, I use this brush twice through my hair and pretty much all the tugs are out! This brush Is expensive, but is definitely worth it if your hair gets tuggy easily or gets messy, frizzy or is thick (like mine.) Defintely recommend!

on 10/4/2014 8:25:00 PM

Seriously, this brush rocks!!!! I have bra length, fine, colored hair and not a lot of it. Because my hair is on the thin side, I'm doing everything to make sure that I lose as less hair as possible. With that said, the Tangle Teezer is amazing on my hair type! Brushes through the tangles gently and the bristles feel great on my scalp as well. I also only lose 20-50 hairs the entire day!! That in itself is amazing. The TT is super gentle on wet hair as well. It's lightweight and comes in cute colours. Love it!! I also have the Wet Brush and found it very ordinary. I didn't enjoy using it because I lose less hair with a wide tooth comb then with the Wet Brush. Overall, love the TT over the WB for my hair type.

on 9/30/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was not all that great as it is hyped up to be. It worked fine intially but after a couple of months the ends of the plastic bristles splayed and now it hurts to use this brush. For $17 that I spent on it, it should have last at least 6 months.

on 9/30/2014 8:37:00 AM

the price is a little too high for such a terrible brush. i got it for about 13-14 dollars, and it claims to not pull at your hair, and it does very badly. it makes a very unpleasant noise when going through knots, terrible with wet hair. i don't know, i just really don't like this brush and i thought it would be amazing, i was pretty disappointed. it could just be my hair though. it's always really thick and knotted no matter what i do. unless it's straightened which is rare for me to do anymore. no brushes work for me and i thought this would. overall I'm very disappointed.

Video Reviews & Tutorials