July 31, 2014 | 1860 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Tangle Teezer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I struggled with hair brushes for years until I discovered this. I have the standard curved teardrop one in Orange Burst and also a black travel one that comes with a nifty little cover that slots over the bristles so they don't get bent in your bag and I love them both.
My hair is fairly fine but I have masses of it so it is quite thick. The ends tend to tangle easily and I cannot count the number of times I've ripped out a huge snarl, even with wet hair and a wide tooth comb :-(
I hated brushing my hair because it HURT. I hated travel hair brushes because the last two I got actually snapped and broke in half after using them only a few times (I apparently have Hulk hair, LOL). I hated peeling a thick matted wogde of hair out of my brushes (gross!) and trying to keep them clean. I hated scratching my scalp with rigid bristles because boar hair or anything else I tried just wouldn't penetrate properly.
I have thrown out all my other hair brushes now and I couldn't be more pleased.
This glides through even my thick horsey mane (though I am not an actual horse, it is my Chinese zodiac sign, ha ha) with ease, no tugging, no wrenching, no yanking at knots. I can brush my hair in about 90 seconds, as opposed to upwards of 10 to 20 minutes previously and it leaves it smooth, silky and easy to manage. You can also use it on wet hair, though I mostly just use a curved, wide tooth comb still, out of habit more than anything.
It's easy to keep clean as well, the bristles are flexible and far enough apart that there's never any nasty "carpet-like" buildup (shudder), I just shake it outside and give it a light fiddle and it's good to go.
It was relatively expensive, not like Mason Pearson levels of price insanity but absolutely worth it for me.
I'd buy another in a heartbeat (in fact, I might order a back up right now, because if I ever lost mine, I'd be heartbroken - and I now have no other brushes, so...)
LUUUUURVE <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this after my friend raved about it, my hair is wavy and gets tangled easily.
i hate brushing it because my bristles are very thin and easily break.
tangle teezer made brushing easier with no pain and no tangling!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by annehelge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally bought myself a Tangle Teezer because it was discounted.

It really works!

My middle blond hair is extremely fine + wavy, and it gets tangled after shower. Probably because Iīve got some highlights in it.

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried my Teezer for the first time today. No pulling.

I know two kids with really corkscrew-curly hair, and the Teezer works for them, too.

Only thing is, I wonder if it works with people with really thick hair though?

Based on my very limited experience I would recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Mhoelzer2988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best brush I have ever used! I have very thick long wavy hair that tangles easily . Usually with my paddle or wide tooth comb it pulls my hair especially when wet. I didn't feel the tangle teezer pull my hair at all when it was wet! I used it while blow drying my hair and it blow dried pretty straight and flat. I'm very happy with this purchase and it was 9.99 at target which to me is a good buy for what I got!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2014 2:50:00 AM More reviews by breeknee

I have extremely fine hair that is past my shoulders. It is color treated but I only dye every 6 months (I have dark brown hair that I have lighter brown faded into, almost like a subtle ombre, so as it grows out it isn't obvious and I let it grow a long time) and I really love this brush.

The idea is that the very fine and flexible teeth will gently rake over the knot, slowly untangling it. The concept is not to stick it firmly into the hair on or above the knot and then pull down, you will get breakage. Do not use with wet hair, your hair is vulnerable and prone to breakage. Definitely still work at the bottom and slowly go higher and higher with each stroke until you've reached the scalp, rather than starting at the top and just pushing knots tighter together and causing breakage. I know this all seems like very basic knowledge, but I have seen many people just go straight at their poor wet hair with a big thick comb and break the dickens out of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PSA: If your hair is baby fine or even just semi-fine, DO NOT USE the Tangle Teezer!!!

Obviously, Iíve learned from experience :( It worked great at first - or so I thought - until a few days ago when I noticed short strands of hair sticking up all over the place on the top of my head, obviously having been broken/ripped out! Iím so upset because having fine, thin, delicate hair (yet at the same time I have A LOT of it thank god), it tends to not grow as fast as my counterparts with thicker, coarser hair. Iím also upset because I have been taking tremendously good care of my hair for the past couple of years and it has definitely paid off and up until now my hair has been the best itís ever looked! Back in my teenage and early 20s, I regularly did stupid things to my hair trying this dye or bleach washes upon bleach washes. So yeah my ends would get pretty fried and since my hair tends to grow slowly (bleach also inhibits growth after a while due to its extreme stripping and damaging properties and break-offs, etc.), I got used to seeing this little broken strands sticking up all over the place. Finally, I stopped being ĒbadĒ to my poor hair and as I said itís never looked betterÖ.until now. I hadnít seen broken strands sticking up like antennae since my bleach wash crazy club-going days. Iím so disappoint right now.

On the other hand, my mother who has very thick, course, fast-growing, amazing hair thatís just as dense and tangles easily, ADORES the Tangle Teezer. It doesnít seem to be wreaking the same havoc on her hair as it has on mine. Therefore, Iíd assume it really depends on the individualís hair type.

Hopefully someone will read this who has delicate/fragile/fine or thin hair and put the terrible TT down before s/he ends up seriously regretting ever using it and having to right a 1-star review! HTH!

Anna
04.11.14

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:56:00 PM More reviews by g00sey

The Tangle Teezer is one of my few must have items. I absolutely love it!

When I was at Sally's one day, I saw the brush and I was skeptical. However, I looked it up on MUA and seeing all the rave reviews, I knew I had to give it a try. My hair, though relatively straight and easy to maintain, has started to tangle in terrible ways over the past few years. I have somewhat thick hair and when it starts to tangle, it tangles badly. The back of my hair knots so easily and often times I end up having a rats nest on the back of my head. To make matters worse, if it got really bad, I would have to spend literally 45 minutes brushing it. My hair was getting so damaged just because I had to brush it so awesome and fight every tangle.

Not anymore. I am SO pleased with my Tangle Teezer. I've been using it for a couple years now, and it is amazing. Now I can quickly brush my hair and it will take top, 5 minutes. The brush also doesn't pull my hair to a point where it hurts or is pulling out a ton of my hair.

I left it at home once when I moved away and I immediately went online and ordered a new one. I notice a difference in my hair when I'm not using it. I now keep a brush in my purse too for emergency. I recommend it to everyone I know who has trouble with their hair. It is amazing. I cannot cannot stop raving about it and it's been years since I've started using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by kaitlynndiane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, for people who think that this brush won't pull hair, you're mistaken. If you have tangles, no brush will magically remove the tangles without removing a few pieces of hair as well.

I have extremely long, thick hair that gets really tangled and gets pretty frizzy throughout the day. I bought this brush a little skeptical, but it's the same price if not cheaper than a normal bursh, so I figured it couldn't hurt. The first day I bought it, my hair was a tad dirty and definitely had a lot of fly aways. I immediately took it out of the box and brushed my hair to see what it would do. It sounds like it's pulling ridiculous amounts of hair out of your head, but it feels so much better than using a normal brush and pulled out less hair than a normal brush (to be fair, I normally pull out enough hair when brushing to donate to locks of love). On top of feeling amazing on my head, it made my dirty hair actually look clean, soft and there were no fly aways! I'm amazed with this brush. It keeps my hair looking good almost all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by AasaLinnea

This one really works for me! After I looked at negative reviews here I understood it might work well for me because my hair is quite thick. I love to use it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Laura2121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such an awesome product! I have really dry, over processed hair that is sometimes absolutely impossible to comb or brush without major breakage. Yet this product is great, not only it doesn't hurt me, it also makes my hair really smooth after brushing (I know that sounds unbelievable). Anyways, do recommend.