October 30, 2014 | 1633 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Skin Tint in Smashing Ultraviolet

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by abbyabrams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product based on the reviews. Although it was expensive, I was able to use my "20% off your entire purchase" coupon from Ulta. They only issue a coupon like this 1 or 2 times a year, and unlike their other coupons, this CAN be used for fragrance, prestige cosmetics, and the like. I am very fair complected and really like that you can go as light or heavy as you want without it looking cakey. I use it sparingly, and it just looks like a natural flush on my cheeks. I'm not too fond of the color on my lips, but hey, I didn't buy it for that. I imagine it will last forever... so I hope the packaging does too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 12:15:00 AM More reviews by cloudlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this gel blush! With my combination skin I never thought a gel formula would work for me...but this one's an exception. As many reviewers have mentioned, Ultraviolet is a scary dark burgundy in the tube - but when I dab and blend, it's a lovely rosy flush on my light-to-medium skin. I love how sheer (yet saturated) the colour is and how it just melts onto my cheeks; the effect is very natural. It's also quite decent in terms of lasting power, especially if you set it with powder. I've also tried Ultraviolet as a lip stain (after applying regular lip balm), and the effect is really natural and pretty as well. The gel stick comes in a sleek black tube; and there's a ton of it - this is going to last me forever!! Excellent product all-around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Smashbox Skin Tints are the best gel blushes on the market. I have combo/oily skin, & all of their colors last on me until I wash them off. I love that they are sheer, & allow your skin to show through. The colors are highly pigmented, so you only need a tiny amount (& these blushes last forever, so the price is actually VERY good). Smashing Ultraviolet is a pink/berry on my medium skintone & is just beautiful. These gels aren't greasy at all, & apply very easily (unlike some of the other high-end gel blushes). I own Infared (LOVE), Heat & this one, & I will buy more colors as they make them. They are also great dabbed on the lips with gloss over the top(doesn't dry my lips at all). If you've had bad experiences with other gels, try the Skin Tints- I'm sure you'll love them as much as I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2006 8:21:00 PM More reviews by coppereyes

Personally, I'm all about doing up my lips and eyes so blush, for me, tends to be more natural and muted. This is very pigmented stuff. I have to use an extremely light hand or end up looking like a clown. Done right, this is a very nice flushed pink. The packaging is a sleek black tube and there's so much product I'll probably never have to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2006 1:55:00 AM More reviews by LavenderDream

This is a good product for travel, as you can use it as a blush and on your lips. The color can be bright, so use a light touch. I'm not a big fan of creme blush, as I have oily/ combo skin, bit this will work in a pinch.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2006 6:55:00 PM More reviews by gemini36

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got really lucky and bought this off of ebay for 10 bucks, and i am so happy I bought it. Honestly I would by it for regular price, ($28 maybe more).If I ever run out, simply because this blush is huge I don't see my self running out any time soon. Really nice color that I think would work for anyone. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2006 4:36:00 PM More reviews by tannerman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like everyone else, I love this blush. It looks so dark, but really goes on sheer and gives a very natural look. I put this on the apples of my cheeks with a foundation brush and it blends beautifully. I also agree with the review below - goes on so much nicer than tarte cheek stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 11:58:00 PM More reviews by GraceQ

Great blush! It gives a nice just-exercised glow that really lasts long. The gel formula sits very naturally on my skin and I only need a little swipe to give me a nice healthy-looking flush. Way better texture than Tarte's gel blushes; best gel blush I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Terryocean3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Last forever, for the money it is worth it! I have had mine for 2 years and still have a lot left! It works beautifully and blends well. The color looks scary at first glance but it really goes well with just about any skin tone. I am very fair and it just brings my face alive with color. Highly recomended if you are looking for a tint.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Deep burgundy gel stick in fat lipstick tube packaging. On my AAB/NC25 skin, the color looks more like a warm berry shade. Goes on sheer and blends easily - I dot on cheeks from the stick then blend in with a foundation brush. Depending on the color intensity I want, it can range from rose to berry. Good on lips too, for coordinated look. Doesn't stain fingertips. Applies nicely, very smooth, not sticky. Love the packaging - very sturdy and portable, with tons of product. Definitely worth the $$.