Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic TGR 4000i Hair Dryer

3.9

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The only negatives are that this blow dryer really needs to come with a comb attachment, and it is heavy. It does well in reducing overall frizz in the hair, and it does dry my hair in half the time it would take my conair dryer. On average I only need to go over each section four-five times vs. 30 times to get a section of my hair dry.

on 4/12/2011 5:54:00 PM

Oh my goodness, I could marry this hair dryer. This is my first professional (non drugstore) hair dryer purchase; considering how low the price for this was on folica.com (i paid about $120), it was completely worth the extra money. It is even smaller than I thought it would be (very cute), with a long, heavy industrial cord. The dryer itself is also heavier than it's small size would indicate; but hey, it's a good workout for the arms. Hair dries so fast that you'll be done before you are that tired, anyway.

My asymmetrical chin-length bob would normally take about 20 mins to dry completely (I have thick, unruly hair), and after drying my hair would be dense, poufy, and starched-out. This little guy dried me completely in about ten minutes, and I needed only to use my fingers (no round blow out brush) to get my hair sleek and straight with all the ends behaving (slight curl under --not flipping out). WOW. My hair feels so silky and shiny and light; it has that "swish" to it that I used to only get when I went to the salon. This also seems to help cut down on frizz and static; it's a humid, pouring rain day outside and the hair I blew out last night still looks fab.

I'm sure the Redken Smooth Down products I'm also using (especially the Heat Glide) are helping to give me these results, but I was using those products with my previous dryer and my hair turned out nothing like this. Happy, happy with this dryer.

on 1/22/2011 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It really does cut the frizz by like 90%!!!

This hair dryer is a game changer. After reading lots of reviews, I bit the bullet and got one. It is the Ferrari of hair dryers -- it dries my hair so fast. It also makes it shiny (reflective, even) and sleek. No other dryer I've ever had left my hair looking like this.

My mother also got one based on my recommendation, and now she won't use anything else. It has made a big difference in both of our hair -- so much healthier than with drugstore dryers!!

My only complaint is that I wish a normal diffuser would work on it. It seems like it needs a special one, which I have yet to get because I would have to order it online. But otherwise -- fantastic!

on 12/3/2010 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

When my dear old T3 Evolution died on me recently and an Ulta opened in my area, I decided to do a little shopping around before I settled on a new dryer. I decided to try out some of the more expensive, highest rated dryers as well as some of the cheaper but still highly rated ones. I figured that whichever ones I didn't like I'd just return to the store.

Well, add me to the list of people who don't get what the big deal is about the Sedu Revolution. It is a cute dryer, but as many have said, it is heavy and noisy, and you would think that it'd be lighter than other dryers considering how small it is. It also failed to straighten, smooth and impart shine to my hair anywhere near as well as the T3. For that kind of money I think a dryer should excel at all those things, otherwise, I'd be just as happy with a $30 Conair Professional (the orange one). Seriously, there was no difference between the Conair and the Sedu. So if you want to save money and don't need something that provides extra smoothing and shine go with the Conair and save your money.

My little experiment showed me that despite great reviews, other expensive professional dryers still can't compare with the T3. If you have fine to medium textured, straight to wavy, relatively smooth hair without much frizz, then the Sedu Revolution will be just fine for you. But if you're like me and have medium to coarse textured, dry, unruly, frizzy, poofy, curly hair that needs extra straightening and silkening to look presentable to the world, do yourself a favor and don't buy the Sedu Revolution.

I thought that the increased power of the Sedu would help to dry my hair faster but found that instead it made my hair more aerated and overworked and therefore more poofy and dull than I wanted it to be. Really - I did a test and dried one side of my head with the T3 and one with the Sedu and the difference was unbelievable. The T3 side was smooth, silky and straight while the Sedu side looked dull, poofy and frizzed. Plus the Sedu did not straighten as well as the T3 either despite using all the techniques my stylist taught me.

So to those who dis the T3 because of lack of power, realize that it makes up for that with a technology that smooths and shines the hair. If it had more power it might end up making your hair more poofy, dull and overworked like the Sedu Revolution. Needless to say I've gone back to the T3 and have not looked back.

on 11/14/2010 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't blow dry my hair regularly, but I love using this dryer when I do. I have really fine wavy/curly hair with TONS of frizz. I use this with a diffuser attachment and it sets my curls very nicely. It works quickly and really makes my hair shine.

I love that this dryer has an extra long cord. I find this so useful because the outlet I use is far away from a mirror. It does have a few cons though. Despite being fairly small, it's heavy! Seldom do I put the effort into round brushing my hair but when I do, it's tiring on the arms. Also, I don't see the difference between the ionic setting and the normal setting.

Overall, I'm pleased that I bought this even if I don't use it a ton. It's a solid product to have on hand when I feel like putting in more effort :P

on 4/23/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This dryer is amazing! Before using this dryer, I'd only used cheap ones like Andis. I have natural, unprocessed 4a/b hair and my hair would take forever to dry. The motor of the Andis would stop running every 5 minutes or so and the dryer would get extremely hot. After the whole ordeal, my hair -- especially my ends -- would feel dry and crunchy.

This Sedu dryer however, works so fast. It doesn't get extremely hot but does the job even better. My hair feels smooth and moisturized afterwards. I love it!

on 3/21/2010 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't get the big deal with this thing. I had high hopes, but for the price, it just doesn't out perform my Conair to justify keeping it. Its the heaviest little thing- I have to keep switching arms when I use it. I wouldn't mind this if it made my hair nice, but it really didn't. I actually found my hair to have more damage after using this for 2 weeks. Even on low heat, it gets very hot--it burnt my scalp more than once so you have to be sure you keep moving it around. The cool shot doesn't get all that cool and is in a really awkward place. It did dry my hair a bit faster, however, it's not worth the damage to my hair or my burnt scalp. This thing is being returned.

This Sedu far exceeded my expectations. After scrutinizing the reviews on Folica I purchased it for $140 and received a free Sedu straight iron valued at $60. What a deal!
This outperforms my T3. By a mile, at the least! Yes, it's compact. Yes, it feels weighty, but that is because its size is smaller. You have an option for yes for ionizing or no for not. And I swear, I never have to flat iron my bob again. It's shiney, smooth, and keeps flyaways to a minimum! There's fast speed and low speed. I save lots of minutes of blow-drying time even on the low speed.

on 7/27/2009 1:46:00 PM

I don't really get what the big deal is with this hair dryer. First of all, it's advertised as being lightweight and compact but it's the heaviest hair dryer I've ever owned. I've had it for about 6 months now so I've gotten used to it but my arm still gets tired after a while. Also, I'm used to the hairdryers that fold up and are truly "compact." This one doesn't, so it takes up a lot of space on my bathroom counter. Plus, it's loud! And, perhaps most annoying to me--the "cool" air button doesn't stay down on its own, you have to hold it down to use. I like using cool air during the summer, so it gives me a thumb cramp when I have to press it down the entire time.
The good things are that it does dry my hair quicker. I *might* have noticed an improvement in my hair quality but I can't tell for certain. Overall, it's a decent hair dryer but not worth the $ in my opinion, and when it's time to replace I will look elsewhere.

on 12/9/2008 10:27:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic GREEN TGR 3600 Hair Dryer. I couldn't find that on this site, so since the listed item is similar I will review here. The only difference I can see is the one I am reviewing is 1600 watts and the one listed here is 1800 watts.

Anyway. I like it. Not as noisy as other hair dryers, gets pretty warm, leaves my hair soft and silky and relaxes my wavy hair. My hair looks healthy and not dead from all the bleach damage.

I only disliked the price. I'm cheap. 140.00 is too much for a freaking hair dryer :(