October 21, 2014 | 1259 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Body Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by angelic88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love: great for dry skin - apply after showers Only. I also tried layering vaseline's cocoa lotion (or butter in winter) - excellllent combination :)
Scent ; very chocolately - BUT even with the above combination it doesnt last long and i do wear perfumes without worrying about clashing.
Used for: years!
What i hate ; the bottle has GOT TO change ! i place it on a soap dish cuz it ALways leaks on surfaces. Or just pour into to a spray bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 8:53:00 AM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great product! It absorbs really nicely (especially when compared to bio oil), feels nice on my skin, is non-irratating, is quite cheap and moisturises well....what more could you want? I can't comment on if it helps with stretch marks as I haven't used it regularly or for long enough. Given it's moiturising effect I'd use it regardless of if it helps with stretch marks anyway. I do know that it gives me skin a nice glow and makes it look healthy. I'd repurchase, and I'm disappointed that I bought bio-oil first as this is superior!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Salari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, and recommend it frequently! Unused to have irritated dry skin, but not anymore!
I love the vaguely chocolatey smell of this, but also like that it's not overpowering. I use it straight after my shower - I literally step out, and before yowling, slosh some of over my wet skin. The water makes the oil spread more easily. I then pa dry, and the job is done! I use this nearly every morning (some mornings I use a normal moisturiser) and my skin has never been better. As a pervious reviewer said, don't let water get in the bottle as it almost curdles, and smells yuk! I had to throw one away after it got wet. Screw the lid back on tightly after removing the paper seal, or you'll end up with it leaking everywhere.
For the money, an excellent product, have repurchased lots of times. On daily use a bottle last 2-3 months

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews on this!
The first time I used this, I was blown away. Usually a user of only moisturiser, this oil left my skin feeling like silk and very supple. There are a few tricks to it:
1.) Make sure the bottle lid is as tight as possible. This stops the product from leaking, alternatively put it in a spray bottle.
2.) Use it while the skin is still wet, at the end of the shower step away from the stream of water and use this liberally. It means you use less product because the water helps it disperse over your body, and also it locks the moisture into your skin better and absorbs more thoroughly.
3.) Do NOT leave the cap open! If you do and water gets in, it creates this odd cloudy mess at the bottom of the bottle and smells odd.
4.) Avoid using it on dry skin as it doesn't sink in properly and stays greasy.

I use this religiously after every shower and always get compliments on my skin. I also use a non-scented moisturiser after just to make myself even softer. I love the cocoa butter body lotion, but honestly this oil works a lot better.

Cons: The strong smell, sometimes I wish was unscented so i could wear perfume without it being disturbed! Also, the packaging.
Overall fantastic, lasts a long time and works beautifully. I will use this as long as they make it! Highly recommended (:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by rubyred23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product recently as I am always interested in sampling body moisturisers that are reasonably cheap but effective. I get dry patches on my arms, thighs and back and I had heard that argan oil and moroccan oil are brilliant for dry skin. The only problem is that those two oils are very expensive and actually really difficult to source in Dublin, where I live. Ultimately I went for the palmer's cocoa butter oil and I am REALLY happy with the results. My skin feels great and I only really need to use it once or twice a week max after showering. It dries in quickly and doesn't leave a lot of residue. I would definitely recommend this product to anybody looking for a budget moisturising oil. The only draw-back is the packaging because the bottle inevitably gets oil all over it. However this would not stop me from buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by makeup9111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this, it's very moisturizing especially when applied to damp skin, and has Palmer's signature cocoa scent. I was worried about the smell at first, because I'm not a sweet scent lover, but it fades pretty quickly and it's grown on me.
I put this on my legs, stomach, hips and sometimes my chest right after I shower. Then after it sinks in a little I layer the matching lotion all over my body. I'm soft as a baby and smell super good.
Yes the bottle will leak and get slippery, I transfer the oil to a travel spritz top bottle from Target.
It's heavier than Neutrogena's body oil, but doesn't have any mineral oil and is much cheaper with more nourishing ingredients, thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by SMOOTHGIRL

This product is great for after shower sealing in of moisture. I use it in winter only as it is so heavy.

I wish they would figure out the bottle top leaks when you dispense it however, there always seems to be oil on the outside of the bottle.

Love the oil, hate the package. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by valentineshigh

i really love the smell of this. i found that if i used this as a moisturiser after a shower, it would actually make me get pimples on my arms and legs... however i loved that my skin did feel silky for the most part. the way i use this oil now is by adding 2-3 capfuls into a running bath. afterwards, my skin is hydrated and silky beyond belief and i dont break out from it at all. its handy especially during winter when its like no matter how many times i moisturise, my skin still ends up dry. your skin will know no dryness if you use this in a bath. also love the smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Putting this oil on after a shower makes me feel totally pampered. I love the smell and it makes my skin beautifully soft and silky. I've been using it for several years and haven't found anything else better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by thlewis

I was using Burt's Bees Baby Apricot Oil after showering but for almost $9 bucks for a small amount it didn't make sense cost wise. I decided to try the Cocoa Butter Oil. It works great...but over the course of the day somehow the smell would morph into something weird and would cause my clothes to have a weird smell....that was only noticeable once the clothes were washed and dried. The smell seem to linger on synthetic fibers to the point that I had to throw them away. My husband begged me to stop using this stuff because the smell was so horrid. Very weird reaction...but otherwise it is a good moisturizing oil.