July 28, 2014 | 1705 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Jhlcomp2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Think of a waxy crayon - that is what this product is. I bought it at a time when i was experimenting with lots of different eyebrows products. The color is subtle but i cannot for the life of me understand why this has to be like this. My eyebrows are not thick and when i use this product the hairs are flattened against the skin in this waxy substance. I use the spooly and half the product gets removed and then you have to repeat the application. I really did try time and again to make this work. It was not an inexpensive investment, but today was the final straw ... It now sits in the garbage.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have medium blonde brows that just need a bit of definition. I usually use a powder but while at Ulta I thought I'd splurge and give this one a shot. This is definitely a purchase I regret (should have checked here first!) not because it's an inherently bad product, but it is a terrible value. I can barely get two uses out of it without having to sharpen it, meaning I doubt this pencil would last more than a couple weeks of daily use. I actually stopped using it because I just couldn't stand to see something so expensive run out so quickly. The colour match of the lightest shade is pretty perfect but like other people have mentioned, the softness of the pencil not only means it runs out quickly but also that it doesn't really hold on to the skin- it tends to sit on the eyebrow hairs and then if you run through them with a comb/spoolie, you lose a ton of the product. I think there are definitely better and cheaper brow products out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by RamanB

The Instant brow pencil worked on my thick eyebrow hair, which is rare, without making them look too over powering or dark. It has a more waxy consistency rather then the typical powdery pencil, which means it helps keep hairs in place.

I like the product overall, the colour was great (Medium), but its such a soft pencil and it needs frequent sharpening and if you use the brush on the end most of the colour comes off, which can be annoying! Thats why i've only given it four stars, I would buy it again purely for the colour, but I think by shopping around i could probably find something similar that stays put.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by shulace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this brow liner in medium. The color looks as natural as can be. The consistency of the product reminds me of oil paint/crayons, or like semi-melted crayons. It's great for quick application and instant brows.The brush on the other end works great to diffuse harsh lines so you get natural looking brows every time.

Having said that, because of the consistency of the product its very easy to use too much of it. Which is ok cause like i said before the brush on the other end helps with that but then again it would be such a waste of an expensive product. I realized this when I saw that most of the product was on the brush instead of where they're supposed to be. Even with a light hand i often find myself needing to brush away. I also always have to constantly resharpen the pencil and find it very difficult to create finer lines to extend my brows due to the creamy consistency of it.

So while I can make do with the product I wouldn't repurchase it because there are other brands out there that get the job done fabulously but lasts longer than this pencil does and may even be less expensive. If they were to decrease the price or add more product I would still have the problem with extending my brows

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to fill in my patchy brows. The problem is, the pencil is so soft, you have to sharpen it about every two uses. The other annoying thing is when you go to blend it, you lose 90% of your color. This was too expensive to be so disappointing. Don't waste your money. The only reason I even gave this a 2 instead of a 1 is because I like the spoolie on the end, & the actual color is nice.
ETA: I ended up giving this to my mom, she likes it a lot more than I did. *shrug*

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have super fair and soft blond brows so even the ligtest brow products are often too dark for me. I have heard amazing things about the Brow Zing Palette, but the light option was obviously too dark for me... I tried this pencil in light and it seemed to be ok, so i bought it.
Next morning i tried to use it on the daylight and I was very surprised, it was super dark on me! I have to use it veeeery lightly and be extremely careful and even like this i cannot wear it during the day to work. It looks really unnatural and dark on me. What I like using it for is evenings out when i have overall heavier makeup.
What I like about it - it has a waxy texture so it holds the brows in shape, but if you are not careful with it the brows stick weirdly on to the skin.
What I dislike and was literally shocked about is that I have to sharpen it every 2-3 uses and the pencil is gonna be gone very soon. When daily used I think it would last maybe a month or so, which makes it really expensive.
It is a shame they dont have more options for the really light brows, i would probably be using it, but the color problem is a major one for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by christan00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have black brown hair and the color I bought matches my color perfectly. However, the pencil is WAY TOO SOFT! I have to apply it really really soft otherwise I would end up using the entire pencil within couple weeks. Try Shiseido next time. They have a harder brow pencil. Because of the softness, you use it faster than other brow pencils and the price becomes higher! But I have to say it is really long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by hqnnah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyebrow pencil is a really handy tool to keep in your makeup bag. I have it in medium which suited me well as I have naturally brown and thick eyebrows and I just wanted to add a little more density to them. The spoolie (brush) is great for blending the waxy crayon into your eyebrows to create a soft look as well as keeping them going all the right way.

One flaw I have found is that the crayon can become slightly congealed on your brow and when you brush this it can flake off. Aswell as this, I think the price is very expensive for what it is as you could essentially recreate the product using an old mascara brush and a brown eyeliner. But if you do want to fork out for it, I would say go ahead as I don't consider it a waste of money.

****I've included a before and after picture in product info****

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK,I had high hopes for this stuff,because I kinda like Benefit,but this pencil wasn't anything like I expected.The color I have it in is Medium,and it's a nice brown color.What I hate about this is the fact that the pencil is WAAAY too soft and when drawing them on,it just looks terrible,very crayon-y and fake!And it smudges like crazy...NOT something you want when it comes to your eyebrows!Not to mention that because it's so soft,you have to sharpen the darn thing every time you use it!And this is just too expensive to waste like that.My search for the perfect eyebrow pencil continues....

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by nerdygeek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you have an almost perfect brows that only needs definition, then this product might work for you as with any other brow pencils. But if you have overplucked, irregular shaped, sparse brows.. then stay away from this product. It's impossible to create a shape and define as it's too soft and waxy that the tip bends during application and I had to sharpen it each time as it finishes really quickly. To make it worse, after brushing it with the spoolie, the wax erases off quickly too. I have to re-apply and sharpen it again. Wasted $39 on this piece of rubbish.