BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

3.3

I definitely should have checked the reviews here before wasting my money on this pencil! It's soft and waxy, and constantly needs to be sharpened. Like, every. Single. Time I use it. It's extremely frustrating.

I bought this in medium, because the SA told me that's what I needed. I find that it makes my brows come out flat and fake looking. The shade is too gray for me, and doesn't look natural at all. I have blonde hair with blue eyes, and fair skin.

on 3/2/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really an awful eyebrow pencil. I can't believe how much I paid for this.
It's soft, yet somehow waxy at the same time. The pencil disappears so quickly, but I'm not sure where all the product is going?? I have to resharpen after every use and it wastes so much product.
It is useless for definition because it's so soft, but I can't use it for filling in because it looks very heavy and crusty on my eyebrows.

I got this pencil in light, but I am now using Rimmel's soft kohl eyeliner in taupe for my eyebrows, which is a similar colour, but it is less orange than this one. Rimmel's pencil is also very soft, but it is not waxy at all and there is no pulling like this pencil. And it's only 6 bucks.

on 2/9/2014 5:46:00 PM

I am very disappointed with this brow pencil. I normally use a wax and a powder but thought I would try a pencil for a change to compare. I bought it in medium and think it comes up very dark, it also draws on like a crayon, flattening my brows to my skin even when I apply it as softly as possible. Please do not waste your money. There are much better brow products out there.

This pencil is wierd and too soft. I got it in the color deep and I must say its so ashy that it looks gray. Also you have to keep sharpening this pencil all the time I just bought it a month ago and I'm already half way through it :(... My method of application is I prime with my urban decay primer and let that set on the brows it stops the waxiness from sliding all over my face this method actually haves me liking this pencil but I won't repurchase!

on 9/12/2013 3:56:00 AM

I bought this as a treat for myself. It cost $39 at the Myer Benefit counter (Australia), and I thought that by purchasing a high end product I'd get a better product.

I have it in medium. yes it is easy to apply and to use. I find that I put it on, then use the little last brush at the end to brush it out for a more natural look, and its very easy to overbrush and remove it all.

it does wear very quickly, doesn't last that long and frankly using an angled brush and a brown neutral eyeshadow produces a better a result.

I will use this until its all gone, but I won't repurchase simply because of the outrageous price (what was I thinking?)

on 9/7/2013 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

My honest opinion on the Benefit Instant Brow pencil is that it is too expensive for its quality. When I first started using it I thought it was the best thing in the world, but it runs out so easily that it is too expensive to replace on a regular basis, especially for those of you that are still at school and on a tight budget. Overall I give this product 3 out of 5 stars for great packaging, a great spoolie at the end of the pencil but too wet of a consistency and a high price.

on 8/26/2013 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Think of a waxy crayon - that is what this product is. I bought it at a time when i was experimenting with lots of different eyebrows products. The color is subtle but i cannot for the life of me understand why this has to be like this. My eyebrows are not thick and when i use this product the hairs are flattened against the skin in this waxy substance. I use the spooly and half the product gets removed and then you have to repeat the application. I really did try time and again to make this work. It was not an inexpensive investment, but today was the final straw ... It now sits in the garbage.

on 8/13/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I have medium blonde brows that just need a bit of definition. I usually use a powder but while at Ulta I thought I'd splurge and give this one a shot. This is definitely a purchase I regret (should have checked here first!) not because it's an inherently bad product, but it is a terrible value. I can barely get two uses out of it without having to sharpen it, meaning I doubt this pencil would last more than a couple weeks of daily use. I actually stopped using it because I just couldn't stand to see something so expensive run out so quickly. The colour match of the lightest shade is pretty perfect but like other people have mentioned, the softness of the pencil not only means it runs out quickly but also that it doesn't really hold on to the skin- it tends to sit on the eyebrow hairs and then if you run through them with a comb/spoolie, you lose a ton of the product. I think there are definitely better and cheaper brow products out there.

on 8/10/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Instant brow pencil worked on my thick eyebrow hair, which is rare, without making them look too over powering or dark. It has a more waxy consistency rather then the typical powdery pencil, which means it helps keep hairs in place.

I like the product overall, the colour was great (Medium), but its such a soft pencil and it needs frequent sharpening and if you use the brush on the end most of the colour comes off, which can be annoying! Thats why i've only given it four stars, I would buy it again purely for the colour, but I think by shopping around i could probably find something similar that stays put.

on 7/4/2013 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I purchased this brow liner in medium. The color looks as natural as can be. The consistency of the product reminds me of oil paint/crayons, or like semi-melted crayons. It's great for quick application and instant brows.The brush on the other end works great to diffuse harsh lines so you get natural looking brows every time.

Having said that, because of the consistency of the product its very easy to use too much of it. Which is ok cause like i said before the brush on the other end helps with that but then again it would be such a waste of an expensive product. I realized this when I saw that most of the product was on the brush instead of where they're supposed to be. Even with a light hand i often find myself needing to brush away. I also always have to constantly resharpen the pencil and find it very difficult to create finer lines to extend my brows due to the creamy consistency of it.

So while I can make do with the product I wouldn't repurchase it because there are other brands out there that get the job done fabulously but lasts longer than this pencil does and may even be less expensive. If they were to decrease the price or add more product I would still have the problem with extending my brows

Popular Brows Products