April 18, 2014 | 1360 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Ultimate Beige #003

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by pritha

I love this lipstick - I've reviewed and done a demo on what to pair with this lipstick on my YouTube channel, go check it out for more details:

Enjoy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by LucySam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really beautiful color, it's like a rosy-maroon color. It's really flattering on all of my makeup looks and goes with everything. The packaging is to-die-for gorgeous. The only bad thing about this lipstick is the lasting power isn't long. It only stays on for an hour or so, but it's still worth buying and is my favorite out of all my lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by shruti899

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its not beige on me at all. Its a dusty pink..more dusty than pink (if that makes any sense). I could call it a nude shade, only that its very opaque and higly pigmented. Most pinks wash me out but not this one. it looks satiny. Nothing wow or MLBB about it. I would wear it when Im not in the mood to pick a color. This can go with just about anything. One or 2 swipes are more than enough on my lips.
Something about the packaging: The color behind the YSL logo is pretty close to what the lipstick is. So, kinda make sup for opaque packaging. Not a huge deal, but I notice the little things in life ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by tiff1211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now this is a tuff review.... First let me start by saying I LOVE YSL RV's but this is not the best color for me. When I applied this l/s it matched my already beige lips. When I swatched it in the store on my hand, I could see a deep plum pink...so I thought humm this is a good one, until I put it on my lips at home. I think this color will suit lips that are pink or if you use a pink pencil as a base. I could never wear this l/s alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Ok, I wore this all day yesterday. I went to a meeting and after much talking and two cups of tea, this l/s was still on. A bit faded, of course, but pretty much still there. No dryness, either. On the contrary, my lips felt perfectly comfortable even after it faded a bit. I LOVE to reapply it, it feels so good. Makes my lips look lovely. Do not over-apply. It won't look good. I'm sorry it doesn't work for everyone. I love it.

I bought this last week, when I was in Charleston. It was my 'travel splurge.' They had testers at the store, and at first I went for #4 Sweet Honey. But it was too beige and it left me with the much-dreaded 1960s fish-lips. Ew. Colors like that always make me look dead, especially in artificial light.

So I decided to try this one, instead. MUCH better. It's not exactly nude (too dark). And not exactly beige, in spite of the name. On me, this is a brownish pink. A little more on the peach side than I would have liked, but still a very nice shade. Very wearable for day time, but it also looks good in artificial light.

The texture, as everybody else said, is buttery, creamy, luxurious. And I don't exactly know what it is about it, but it makes my lips beautifully defined, though not in a magic-marker way. I'm sorry I can't explain it better. It looks like my lips were made up by a professional MU artist. As the poster before me said, it makes your lips look luscious. Hubby just told me my lips look model-like. Hey, who could ask for more? :)

It's very, very pigmented, so one swipe is all you need. I just applied it so I'll keep you posted about the staying power. It feels very comfortable. Pricey (hence only 4 lippies), but hey, it's YSL, so I didn't expect it to be cheap. And the package is gorgeous. I don't think it's tacky at all. More like a Victorian luxury object. I'll keep you posted.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by alabaster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MLBB! Yahoo! This is what I hoped 01 Nude or 02 Sensual Silk would look on me. Those were too chalky my naturally pale mouth just vanished.

On me it was a nude brown mauve that made my lips luscious!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A safe beigey mauve, which is probably why I chose it at the time. But, alas, it doesn't do anything for my skin tone and I haven't been using it much. The lightweight slippery feel of the lipstick, while pleasant at first, starts to annoy me after a minute or so, and I usually blot or lick it off. (It tastes sweet, and has a fruity, mango scent.) So it doesn't last long on me at all, and -- for all that silky slickness -- it doesn't leave my lips moisturized. [Edit: Gave it away. Wasn't right for me.]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

With so many RVs to choose from, I'm basing my review solely on the color, not on the formula of the lipstick. There are many shades in this line, so I feel like there's a color to suit most everyone. While this one shade wasn't for me, I definitely want to start by saying that the RV line is amazing and so very unique. I've truly never experienced another lipstick like this in terms of texture especially.

This shade is very boring to me. I'm dark skinned and maybe that has something to do with how it totally washed me out. It almost seemed to turn orangey on me, in a way that I found unflattering. I didn't sense as much of a white/light undertone with this as I do with #1 Nude Beige or obviously the cool pinks (#7, etc). But this shade just seemed very boring and dupeable. If you like MAC's endless list of nude shades, you're bound to find a dupe. I can't really see a reason to spend $34 on this lipstick if the shade doesn't differentiate itself in some way. I agree with the reviewer who said Angeline Jolie's lips are similar to this color (or rather, her "look" would utilize this color).

Again, just the color alone is not working for me. Most of the other factors (texture, wear time, overall joy of use)...are spot on for this line IMO. (The packaging is the one thing I would prefer less of; while pretty, it's just too bulky now for me...i'd prefer a lighter, less bulky tube.)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 12:55:00 AM More reviews by EVOO

I have used this L/S for a week now,love the texture and the color. The only problem is the staying power,I have to reapply it every 2 hours.But the packaging is so pretty,I think that's the real reason why I bought it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Received as a present. The lipstick is quality, and the color looks good on me. However, I don't find the color or formula exceptional enough to justify the price. It did not wear better or longer than the $24 lipsticks I own. It doesn't make my lips look prettier than say, a Stila lip glaze, or a Shiseido lipstick.