September 2, 2014 | 1790 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Ultimate Beige #003

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Rouge Voluptes are my favorite lipsticks, ever!
The formula is absolutely to DIE for--they're the richest, creamiest lipsticks that have ever glided across my lips. They're also rather moisturizing and last all day long. I can apply it once in the morning and not have to worry about it fading, forming patches, or drying out my lips.
The pigmentation is incredible. YSL wasn't joking with the pigments in these! These aren't for the color-shy!
I also love how it has an added SPF 15 (nice bonus) and a satin-to-glossy finish. If I don't want the glossiness then I can just lightly blot. Otherwise, you don't need a lipgloss, unless you want that super-reflective mirror-shine look.
One of the shades that I own is #3 Ultimate Beige. #3 is a full-on warm beige. I'd consider it a nude, but it's a bit darker than the average nude, so I definitely recommend this for those of you with medium, tanned, or dark skin, if you're looking for something that doesn't wash you out or look like concealer lips. I'm NC35, and this remains on eo fmy favorite nudes, right next to MAC Blankety (Blankety is a bit lighter).
The packaging, of course, is absolutely beautiful and definitely beats ANY other lipstick in terms of aesthetics (yes, that includes Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, and Tom Ford, IMO)--they make my MAC lipsticks look like crap lol! The packaging is what drew me to purchase this in the first place!
It retails at $34 each, which isn't cheap, so I recommend you do research and swatch them in-stores before deciding on anything. Sephora only carries 80% of the 30 available shades, so I'd go to Nordstrom instead.
Would I repurchase? Probably not.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by romina74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible product. This lasts all over 15 minutes on me. The lipsticks including the new rouge pur just disappear on my lip within 30 minutes the most. I think this is disgraceful. I have used their lipsticks for 20 years and now all of their lipsticks are just terrible quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by pritha

I love this lipstick - I've reviewed and done a demo on what to pair with this lipstick on my YouTube channel, go check it out for more details:

Enjoy!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by LucySam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a really beautiful color, it's like a rosy-maroon color. It's really flattering on all of my makeup looks and goes with everything. The packaging is to-die-for gorgeous. The only bad thing about this lipstick is the lasting power isn't long. It only stays on for an hour or so, but it's still worth buying and is my favorite out of all my lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by shruti899

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Its not beige on me at all. Its a dusty pink..more dusty than pink (if that makes any sense). I could call it a nude shade, only that its very opaque and higly pigmented. Most pinks wash me out but not this one. it looks satiny. Nothing wow or MLBB about it. I would wear it when Im not in the mood to pick a color. This can go with just about anything. One or 2 swipes are more than enough on my lips.
Something about the packaging: The color behind the YSL logo is pretty close to what the lipstick is. So, kinda make sup for opaque packaging. Not a huge deal, but I notice the little things in life ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by tiff1211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now this is a tuff review.... First let me start by saying I LOVE YSL RV's but this is not the best color for me. When I applied this l/s it matched my already beige lips. When I swatched it in the store on my hand, I could see a deep plum pink...so I thought humm this is a good one, until I put it on my lips at home. I think this color will suit lips that are pink or if you use a pink pencil as a base. I could never wear this l/s alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: Ok, I wore this all day yesterday. I went to a meeting and after much talking and two cups of tea, this l/s was still on. A bit faded, of course, but pretty much still there. No dryness, either. On the contrary, my lips felt perfectly comfortable even after it faded a bit. I LOVE to reapply it, it feels so good. Makes my lips look lovely. Do not over-apply. It won't look good. I'm sorry it doesn't work for everyone. I love it.

I bought this last week, when I was in Charleston. It was my 'travel splurge.' They had testers at the store, and at first I went for #4 Sweet Honey. But it was too beige and it left me with the much-dreaded 1960s fish-lips. Ew. Colors like that always make me look dead, especially in artificial light.

So I decided to try this one, instead. MUCH better. It's not exactly nude (too dark). And not exactly beige, in spite of the name. On me, this is a brownish pink. A little more on the peach side than I would have liked, but still a very nice shade. Very wearable for day time, but it also looks good in artificial light.

The texture, as everybody else said, is buttery, creamy, luxurious. And I don't exactly know what it is about it, but it makes my lips beautifully defined, though not in a magic-marker way. I'm sorry I can't explain it better. It looks like my lips were made up by a professional MU artist. As the poster before me said, it makes your lips look luscious. Hubby just told me my lips look model-like. Hey, who could ask for more? :)

It's very, very pigmented, so one swipe is all you need. I just applied it so I'll keep you posted about the staying power. It feels very comfortable. Pricey (hence only 4 lippies), but hey, it's YSL, so I didn't expect it to be cheap. And the package is gorgeous. I don't think it's tacky at all. More like a Victorian luxury object. I'll keep you posted.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by alabaster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MLBB! Yahoo! This is what I hoped 01 Nude or 02 Sensual Silk would look on me. Those were too chalky my naturally pale mouth just vanished.

On me it was a nude brown mauve that made my lips luscious!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Magdalena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A safe beigey mauve, which is probably why I chose it at the time. But, alas, it doesn't do anything for my skin tone and I haven't been using it much. The lightweight slippery feel of the lipstick, while pleasant at first, starts to annoy me after a minute or so, and I usually blot or lick it off. (It tastes sweet, and has a fruity, mango scent.) So it doesn't last long on me at all, and -- for all that silky slickness -- it doesn't leave my lips moisturized. [Edit: Gave it away. Wasn't right for me.]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

With so many RVs to choose from, I'm basing my review solely on the color, not on the formula of the lipstick. There are many shades in this line, so I feel like there's a color to suit most everyone. While this one shade wasn't for me, I definitely want to start by saying that the RV line is amazing and so very unique. I've truly never experienced another lipstick like this in terms of texture especially.

This shade is very boring to me. I'm dark skinned and maybe that has something to do with how it totally washed me out. It almost seemed to turn orangey on me, in a way that I found unflattering. I didn't sense as much of a white/light undertone with this as I do with #1 Nude Beige or obviously the cool pinks (#7, etc). But this shade just seemed very boring and dupeable. If you like MAC's endless list of nude shades, you're bound to find a dupe. I can't really see a reason to spend $34 on this lipstick if the shade doesn't differentiate itself in some way. I agree with the reviewer who said Angeline Jolie's lips are similar to this color (or rather, her "look" would utilize this color).

Again, just the color alone is not working for me. Most of the other factors (texture, wear time, overall joy of use)...are spot on for this line IMO. (The packaging is the one thing I would prefer less of; while pretty, it's just too bulky now for me...i'd prefer a lighter, less bulky tube.)