Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I wanted to like it based on price and reviews but unfortunately it didn't pan out for me.

I have Asian mono-lid eyes so that could have been the problem but I found the mascara runny. After 2 hours of wearing it, I would have raccoon eyes.

I tested the Maybelline primer on 1 eye and the Christian Dior Lash Serum on the other and the Maybelline mascara would still leave me with raccoon eyes. Of course the eye with Christian Dior Lash serum wasn't as bad as the Maybelline primer. So definitely not waterproof as advertised. . Although, the mascara did lengthen and added volume to my lashes which I appreciated.

I found the brush way too long and big so if you have small eyes it was difficult to maneuver around the inner lids.

Luckily, the mascara was dirt cheap but definitely would not repurchase.

The hunt continues for a cheaper primer alternative to the Christian Dior Lash Serum.

Loved this product! Step 1 (primer/white mascara) was fantastic, lengthens lashes and instant length! The second step (mascara/black) finished it off, lashes always look fantastic. Although after a little while the black mascara becomes thick.
*TIP* Allow the first step no longer than a minute to set on your lashes before applying second step as the mascara will clump. If you put it on right away then you will have flawless lashes.

Package says it is waterproof but in 2 hours had dripped down my face!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this mascara because I am a Maybelline fan. However, this mascara gives you spider-leg-like lashes. At first, I absolutely hated this after using my Maybelline's Full n' Soft mascara because XXL felt hard compared to Full n' Soft, and I also do not like the feeling of having makeup on. This mascara did provide lengthening and really helped thicken my lashes, but I would not recommend using it alone. It doesn't really leave any clumps of mascara, but it clumps a few lashes together, which gives the spider-leg-like look as I mentioned before. Also, I found that the waterproof version is IMPOSSIBLE to wash off with soap or makeup removing wipes. However, Vaseline will help get off all the mascara. It's inability to wash off may be helpful if you are going to be out for long, swimming, etc. I find that this mascara stays on all day and night when I'm cheering at a football game or when I go to a dance. Just BEWARE OF SPIDER LEGS, but I do definitely like this mascara with a more soft, natural, defining mascara. Otherwise, do not get this mascara if you want a mascara that is one-step, quick and easy.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Overall I am not impressed. I wanted to love it because I love the Great Lash ..... This is not any better @ all and costs twice as much. the primer did not do anything special for me at all save your money and do not bother!

I already have long and thick lashes so most mascaras work for me. I was so impressed by this mascara because it makes my lashes look like falsies. if you are going for definition and length this is the mascara for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Primer is okay but the product is overpriced for the length of time it lasts before it dries out. The mascara itself is nothing to write home about.

My favorite mascara, by far! And it's not too expensive either. I love this mascara! The packaging is great, as well. I absolutely love the wand too, the shape makes my lashes longer and thicker. I get so many compliments. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't put the primer (step 1) on thick or else it is hard to cover with the mascara (step 2). It also doesn't clump AT ALL.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

this mascara is pretty good! i love the primer, it helped hold the curl but not that good. but it did lengthen my lashes and make them stand out. i recommend this mascara for beginners, and pretty much everyone!

I like the mascara side a lot but the primer isn't so good for my lashes. I have pretty long lashes already but when I use the primer my lashes get all clumpy and spider-ish. Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly.

Popular Mascaras