October 23, 2014 | 2155 users online

Moisturizers - MD Formulations - Moisture Defense Antioxidant Hydrating Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by slim34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great hydrating gel for oily, clog-prone skin like mine! It applies easily and works well under my makeup and it doesn't clog my pores. I also really love that it contains some great antioxidants, which are really making a difference in my overall skin tone. I do have to layer it with a moisturizing sunscreen, so its not quite moisturizing enough on its own for me. I'd definitely recommend it for those with oily or acne prone skin!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by macbook313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thank you barbiH! I never would have heard of this product without the recommendations on the skin care board. I have the most finicky, sensitive, clog prone skin ever, and this is the only thing that has worked for me. It provides moisture without being heavy. Upate 6/1: I've been straying from this because it seems to be drying out my skin a bit. Unfortunately, everything else breaks me out so I keep coming back to this. Update: came back to this again after a year away. Now my skin HATES it!! Dried it out and made it sting. My skin needs much more moisture than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic moisturizer for acne, break-out prones, sensitive skin types, anyone!
I have dry skin but an oily break-out prone t-zone. Sometimes I use it under my Atopalm cream (tube) if my skin is really dry and irritated and needs a break from strong treatments.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 2:04:00 AM More reviews by knockout88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 2 months now and I love it! My skin is very prone to breaking out and I've tried may products over the years, but one really works for me. It doesn't break me out, I do get the occasional tiny bump (which probably because I'm not very compliant with my skin routine) but no large ones that leave scars. On the other hand I find that my skin feels every so slightly on the dryer side, so I like to apply a moisturiser on top of it, so my skin feels smooth and soft. Although it works wonders, the price tag on it is very steep!! Here in Australia the RRP is $110. I ordered mine online for about $50, but for just 30 mL that still isn't a bargain. Regardless I'm very happy with the product and I haven't been able to find anything that worked this well on me yet. I would recommend this to friends but I'm giving it 4/5 because I love the product but I don't love its price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Kiraboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this gel! Have been using it for about 3 weeks now, in the evening only. I wanted a lightweight gel with antioxidants and this is perfect. I have oily skin, so it gives just the right amount of hydration without any oiliness. To fit this into my routine was quite easy: Cleanse, tone, exfoliate, this gel, then retinol cream last. A perfect way to add antioxidants without any extra oil/moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by kk0101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this!
Doesn't at all break me out. And has improved my skin so much becuase my skin has always been oily but it was lacking HYDRATION! Water-like texture but a little goes a long way. It won't feel like you're skin is moisturised but it hydrates it (restores water hydration). Very very good for acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this for 3-4 m. now and this is a great product for oily or acne skintypes. The texture of this is like water and it goes in very fast, doesn't leave any greasy film on my face so this doesn't make me more oily. It doesn't contain any mattifying agents so it hasn't any "oilcontrol" but it doesn't make things worse.
I use it allover my face and eyearea ( no irritation for me), or sometimes a mix in abit of Dermalogica's MAP-15 if I want a vitamin-c boost.
This does contain good stuff so for me it is a find.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by IndianPrince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great, light weight gel. Absorbs quickly and is very gentle. Does not clog pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

This is the new formulation of MD Formulations Hydrating Gel. Looks like a great option for lightweight hydration/moisture for oily and/or problem prone skin. pH is 5.0.
INGREDIENTS: Purified Water (Aqua), Sodium Hyaluronate, Faex (Yeast Extract), Superoxide Dismutase, Glycosphingolipids (and) Phospholipids (and) Cholesterol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea continued >>

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No